• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The tier 100 skin is so good.

They look so mature now like Mortal Kombat characters:

Basic:

eiftb3yrmsd31.jpg

Upgraded:

EA3l8svWwAEx9Qg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel that all these changes to the core gameplay would work better in a single player environment. Changing the multiplayer meta completely by adding portals, mechs and whatnot every other week feels so strange to me, it because a crazy timesink to try and keep up with the meta enough to stay good. But yeah these new things look fun.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The most important news from this update:
  • The first part of the Locker has arrived in Save the World. You can now use your Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens.
    • The Locker is currently shared between Save the World and Battle Royale, so if you change it in either location, it will change in both.
    • Only Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens are available for Save the World at the moment. We plan to support more types of cosmetics in future updates. Read more about this here.
  • Emotes:
    • All types of Emotes now work in Save the World: Dances, Emoticons, Sprays, and Toys. Any emotes you own are available in all modes.
    • You can slot up to 6 Emotes in the Locker for quick access on the Emote Wheel. Additional Emotes can be accessed by paging the wheel up or down.
    • You can use Dances and Emoticons in the Lobby.
    • Everyone who currently has access to play Save the World will keep Ride the Pony, which is now a traversal Emote. You can now use it in Battle Royale and Creative too!
    • Players who purchase Save the World Founders packs will also receive Ride the Pony.
    • Everyone keeps Dance Moves as well, as players in all modes start with that Emote.
You'll finally be able to use different emotes in STW. lol

Jun 17, 2018
I'm going to re-download this, get my ass handed to me by kids and not give a shit. These updates are truly in a league of their own. I don't condone epic for the way they handle their store but the support for this game is god like!

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
New stuff looks great, might give it a whirl but...those Apex dailies and weeklies are calling me. Two-player controlled mech is a damn great idea.

Mech only LTM, duo queue, mech royale. Do it Epic.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some are freaking out because the leaked map only contains very few changes, but they said the map will change regularly during the season so I'm not super concerned.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all. I dont play Fortnite but can someone answer a question for me?

In the youtube someone is saying something about a "no building mode" coming to the game? Is this true? Because I would very much like to play such a mode.

Robot reminds me of Howitzer from Paragon. Sigh
I thought I was the only one who noticed that.That couldve easily been a skin for him. They should seriously reconsider taking another shot at a moba again. Maybe not under the title paragon, but something else now that they have more resources. The 3rd person camera and vertical combat was one of a kind. SMITE is close but not quite vertical.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all. I dont play Fortnite but can someone answer a question for me?

In the youtube someone is saying something about a "no building mode" coming to the game? Is this true? Because I would very much like to play such a mode.

They teased in the trailer for Season X that they will have some areas with gameplay differences, including a town that looks like it won't allow building.

But I don't think there's anything to the idea of an entire mode of no building.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
They teased in the trailer for Season X that they will have some areas with gameplay differences, including a town that looks like it won't allow building.

But I don't think there's anything to the idea of an entire mode of no building.
Ahh ok. Unfortunate, but interesting.

I have been googling and I saw this video:

Something about a ground game mode? Apparently this was done before?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, Ground Game just had super low limits on materials. You could technically still build. But it was a mode that encouraged less building.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018

I just don't get the appeal of Fortnite without building, the gunplay isn't good enough to support it for one thing and the entire map is built around the building mechanic.

aember

Oct 26, 2017

IIRC it's basically an LTM where you get less ammo for your weapons, but you also get an incredibly tiny cap for build materials. Like enough to build 4 or 5 walls I think.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
What's wrong with the gunplay? Correct me if I am wrong but dont you ADS (aim button) and shoot like other 3rd person shooters?

For me, if you take out the building you're left with an arcadey 3rd person shooter that doesn't really do anything different. The building is the defining factor of the gameplay.

Maybe there isn't anything wrong with the gunplay but I don't think it's strong enough to carry the game if you took away the building I'd go back to PUBG for that slowly more tactical shooter.

Don't get me wrong I love Fortnite but that's mostly to do with the building and how that adds a lot more versatility to the encounters.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So no daily challenges anymore it seems.

The mission structure is pretty interesting. BP tiers now tied to how many objectives you complete as opposed to each objective being worth different amounts.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best BP they've done, I don't play anywhere enough to justify it though and my little shit of a brother stole my Vbucks.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with the gunplay? Correct me if I am wrong but dont you ADS (aim button) and shoot like other 3rd person shooters?
No. The bloom in Fortnite is intentionally bad in order to cater to casuals. They did shooting range tests around like s2 or s3 to come up with a solution, and that's where first shot accuracy came from. I don't think most people were happy with this solution, but they're constantly doing whatever they can to please the casual playerbase that makes up a majority of the game's population.

Edit: look at me double posting. Editing is difficult on mobile.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I didn't play a single match last season and I probably won't play one this season either. Either I don't care about Fornite anymore or recent seasons have been boring. Maybe both.