• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Within the first two minutes of the video that got him banned he clearly acknowledges aimbot = ban multiple times.

He knew.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Lol flushing 2 mil subs down the toilet cause he streams himself aim botting. Not buying the lie that he didn't know better. He played cod and I'm sure other multiplayer shooters, he def knew cheating can get you banned

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even people that don't know anything about competitive gaming know what aimbot is and the consequences. He shouldn't have been using it to begin with. You cheated and you got caught, the end. Tons of small streamers out there are trying to make it without cheating and they get no attention, so yeah, fuck off Jarvis.

Nov 13, 2017
So you want me to care that this privileged kid can no longer earn thousands of dollars? C'mon dude. He knew the rules, he jeopardized how he makes a living. He needs to be mature and an adult, and this will help him.

I'm not saying that. The original post said that he's crying because he got banned from a video game, when it is very obvious that the game is more than just a video game for him. I don't have too much sympathy for him, I'm just providing justification as to why I think it makes sense he would cry because of this, and that his tears are not unreasonable.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I'm not saying that. The original post said that he's crying because he got banned from a video game, when it is very obvious that the game is more than just a video game for him. I don't have too much sympathy for him, I'm just providing justification as to why I think it makes sense he would cry because of this, and that his tears are not unreasonable.

He knew what he was doing, he knew he was breaking a rule. I see why he will cry, but I'm not gonna feel sorry for it dude lol. If I was in that position I would be accountable, respectul, and realize this is my living - I don't gamble with that. It sucks but he will learn a critical lesson here.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Did FaZe Clan comment on the situation? Havinga cheater under contract isn't the best look for an eSports brand.

The fact that nobody told him this was a horrible idea surprised me.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
No excuses for using cheats in multiplayer games. None. Nada.

Ban is well deserved.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So he demonstrated the aimbot in a video?

This seems overly harsh.

Apparantly in playground mode too.. most people calling for blood ITT probably didn't watch the video. (Or know more than I do)

I think Epic is being this harsch because his video could be seen as advertising aimbot to a large audience.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on man, the context is larger than that. He has 2 million subscribers, a lifetime ban cuts into his earnings, especially because his fans likely stick around for fortnite content. It's not just because of a simple ban from a game.

If he was that dependant on Fortnight for his funds maybe he shouldn't have done something so incredibly stupid and then advertised it the world in detail while acting totally nonchalant about it.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He's 17 and knew it was against the rules, that's why he used a different account.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I feel for the guy but of course this is a bit funny. Lifetime ban is still too harsh. Hope he learns his lesson and gets to play again.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Dude got 2.4 million views on his crying video, maybe he should get a lifetime ban on more games and rake in the cash filming apologies.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Lol at people defending the cheating. Demonstrating a cheat to thousands of viewers is actually worse than just cheating on your own.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Why doesn't he make another account like everyone else does?

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
With absolutely zero context for this player or Fortnite competitive play in general, I... feel kinda bad for the guy? Not saying he doesn't deserve his punishment, and yeah, he betrayed a huge lack of common sense in this situation, but based on the video the dude seems to be legitimately emotional and regretful over the whole thing.

Again, not saying the punishment wasn't deserved, and maybe he's only regretful because he got caught, but some of the vitriol in this thread directed at a 17-year-old over such a deeply unimportant incident in the grand scheme of things is at once both troubling and very revealing.

Unless this dude's a scumbag and part of the alt-right component of gaming YouTube, then have at it. I wouldn't know!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Come on man, the context is larger than that. He has 2 million subscribers, a lifetime ban cuts into his earnings, especially because his fans likely stick around for fortnite content. It's not just because of a simple ban from a game.

Oh no, the stupid kid can't make way more money than is reasonable playing videogames anymore because he cheated and knowingly went against the terms of service.

It's not like there are hundreds of thousands of stupid kids who won't cheat waiting in the wings.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No reason to pile on. Just a kid who didn't think things through. The only bad thing he did to anyone was a couple hours of unfair matches, big whoop.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
To be fair, it looks like he only used the aimbot on a smurf account and not his main, and obviously doesn't during tournaments, but he's a moron for actually making a video about it. What did he think was gonna happen?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Why doesn't he make another account like everyone else does?

He did. He was aware of the rules and didn't wanna risk losing his account or something so apparently he made alt accounts for the Aimbot videos he made lmao.

With absolutely zero context for this player or Fortnite competitive play in general, I... feel kinda bad for the guy? Not saying he doesn't deserve his punishment, and yeah, he betrayed a huge lack of common sense in this situation, but based on the video the dude seems to be legitimately emotional and regretful over the whole thing.

Again, not saying the punishment wasn't deserved, and maybe he's only regretful because he got caught, but some of the vitriol in this thread directed at a 17-year-old over at once both troubling and very revealing.

Unless this dude's a scumbag and part of the alt-right component of gaming YouTube, then have at it. I wouldn't know!

I don't think there's a question as to whether he regrets it or not. I think it's that we shouldn't feel bad. He was a Fortnite pro, who's competed in tournaments. Yes he's 17, but as a pro of any game, you should know what's legal and what's illegal. Even as a gamer, you should know what is a bannable offense in video games. As a kid, I was more than aware that aimbots are bannable in MW2.

I don't think we should feel bad that he got banned.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that I would be banned for doing the thing that video gamers get banned for....pretty shitty excuse. It's hard for my to have sympathy for someone who, regardless of the ban, was fine with cheating.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can't he just circumvent it with a different console/account/vpn?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people defending the cheating. Demonstrating a cheat to thousands of viewers is actually worse than just cheating on your own.

Sure, but a lifetime ban?

If it were an in-game exploit, 'Here's how to clip under the ground and shoot players', would that be worth a lifetime ban? It isn't just about cheating.

It just seems harsh given the context of openly demonstrating it, not hiding the use of it.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a regretful life lesson for him. He ain't the first person to get banned from a MMO and he won't be the last. No reason to call him names but I can't imagine my 13 year old self using hacks in Maplestory would feel very sorry for him

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I feel sorry for the kid, it must be hard to have your whole world come crashing down, but that's just what can happen when you do something this stupid. Absolutely the correct response. Cheaters cannot be tolerated and basically promoting cheating only makes it worse.

Oct 25, 2017
Again, not saying the punishment wasn't deserved, and maybe he's only regretful because he got caught, but some of the vitriol in this thread directed at a 17-year-old over such a deeply unimportant incident in the grand scheme of things is at once both troubling and very revealing.
Think about it this way, this guy likely almost makes a six-figure income and publicly talks and brags about using an aimbot on a game he is known for while also knowing enough to use alt accounts so his main account never gets banned. Publicly. He does this with 2 million people subscribed to him.

Age isn't an excuse to hold back on a dude that flagrantly abuses the system and say "oh man I didn't know I could be banned for that??" We can't really compare his situation with the average 17 year old. I mean I was 17 a decade ago and I really can't sympathize with him outside the feeling of getting caught doing something bad and the rug pulled under you.