• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The collaboration includes a line of real clothes and in-game items (that are much cheaper).

fortnite-balenciaga.jpg

If you convert American dollars to Fortnite's highest-possible V-bucks bundle (13,500 V-bucks for $80), you'd need 168,750 V-bucks to purchase this new T-shirt that says "Fortnite."

Balenciaga, the luxury fashion house founded in Spain and currently located in Paris, has announced a new collaboration with Fortnite creator Epic Games to make a line of real-life shirts, jackets, and hats that cost more than you or I make in a week.

If you're more of a peasant, then maybe you can get Fortnite's new Balenciaga-inspired skins in the game. Epic will be selling four outfits inspired by various designs Balenciaga has put out over the years.

The in-game items also include new backpack back bling cosmetics inspired by Balenciaga bags. In real-life, a bag like this would run you $900. There's also several new pickaxe styles based on Balenciaga's Speed shoes, new weapon wraps, a logo-emblazoned glider, plus a new emote.

Large-Desktop_2200x1100.jpg

www.pcgamer.com

This plain white shirt that says Fortnite on it costs $1000

How many V-bucks is that?

Last edited:

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Phew I thought they're charging $1000 for digital items there for a sec.

Still ridiculous but not off to the craziness yet lol.

Yueezy

Dec 12, 2020
I mean.. I respect devs so I am not talking to dev but Epic. So basically that is a hoodie from sims and texture work would be done fairly quick with Photoshop font. And it is $1000, people really buy it??

OP
OP
Rosebud

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I mean.. I respect devs so I am not talking to dev but Epic. So basically that is a hoodie from sims and texture work would be done fairly quick with Photoshop font. And it is $1000, people really buy it??

The real clothes are $1000+, the skins are about $12.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
And yet people can wear them, resell them, store them, etc. The amount of money people spend on skins will always be more ridiculous to me. $20 to be a standard Fortnite character playing Halloween as a Marvel hero is as ridiculous to me as a $900 real life hoodie.
I mean how much markup is there on that hoodie that won't last any longer than a regular hoodie?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'll screen print the hoodie for $30.
Seriously, who are the clothes for? Ninja? A parent isn't going to buy any of that for their kids.

OP
OP
Rosebud

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
And yet people can wear them, resell them, store them, etc. The amount of money people spend on skins will always be more ridiculous to me. $20 to be a standard Fortnite character playing Halloween as a Marvel hero is as ridiculous to me as a $900 real life hoodie.

It's just that the clothes don't even look cool or different lol, anyone can do it themselves, unlike a in-game skin.

You should update the main post; to separate the in-game items from the real clothes.

The title and starting with the in-game items will create more confusion.

Done.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Seriously, who are the clothes for? Ninja? A parent isn't going to buy any of that for their kids.
Rich people who like Fortnite, assumedly.

I mean, the clothes are already mostly sold out, so someone's buying it. The $1000 plain white shirt referred to in the article/thread title is already sold out in sizes 41 and 40, and only has one size 39 left, leaving only sizes 38 and 37 with 2+ in stock.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
can't wait for the fortnite x state farm collab, at this rate, it will happen eventually

wonder what the premiums are like on the battle bus
'jake from state farm' skin will be $403.42 if you pay in full and 70.23 if you make monthly payments

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
'jake from state farm' skin will be $403.42 if you pay in full and 70.23 if you make monthly payments
still not the most expensive fortnite skin ever, "ikonik" cost $750 at a minimum

they'd probably lock the skin behind being a state farm customer. free with 6 months of paying your state farm bill on time.

OP
OP
Rosebud

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
People assign value to the in-game skins when they buy it. Sure you can't resell it but also at max you are losing $20. The profit made off of one t-shirt that probably costs less than a dollar to make is simply outrageous.

Yeah, would love to know how much they pay to do these.

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
We can talk about DLC all day, but people paying $1000 irl for a shirt that costs $5 to produce will always be more stupid to me than virtual horse armor.