• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No idea if the shooting got even worse, if it's the netcode shitting itself or there's a new influx of cheats thanks to extended crossplay, but so many of my hits simply don't connect, with enemies hitting me even when their shots go right by me or through a wall. Last I played it wasn't like this so no idea what's up. Seems like a weak update so far, on paper there's cool additions and the progression system is finally not too grindy but eh.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I played around 2 games of Fortnite BR when it first released and not since. Looking at videos of the new update the exp bar has me interested. I love games where you play to progress and gain exp, I find it relaxing. So Fortnite looks like something that you can just play and not really have to win to get something out of it, but a type of MMO where in each game you race to power up (reminds me of MOBAs, R.I.P. Paragon, I miss you).

That single exp indicator has me very interested, what does getting levels do? Do you need the battle pass?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The Slurp skin continues the tradition of the non-human characters being the best ones to do mime, hand signals, present, and all the other hyper expressive emotes with.

This guy almost beats Dire as the best one for emotes.

STW needs a FFXIV-like complete makeover. Get rid of the survivor bullshit, the tedious fucking grind, maybe make it more of a Diablo style game. Random gear and loot, limited time bottle levels like in Torchlight, more things to do when building your base. Completely wipe all the bullshit micromanaging shit.

Last edited:

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I played around 2 games of Fortnite BR when it first released and not since. Looking at videos of the new update the exp bar has me interested. I love games where you play to progress and gain exp, I find it relaxing. So Fortnite looks like something that you can just play and not really have to win to get something out of it, but a type of MMO where in each game you race to power up (reminds me of MOBAs, R.I.P. Paragon, I miss you).

That single exp indicator has me very interested, what does getting levels do? Do you need the battle pass?

Yeah, you pretty much need the battle pass. It gives you skins, emotes, pick axes, back blings etc. If you plan on playing the next seasons too, it's pretty much a one time fee since you earn enough V-buck through the battle pass to buy the next one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ther is now ay to replay that intro somehow? I need to replay it in the way after cutscene then jumping directly to themap like before and play. It was fun.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
2nd game in and I got 3 kills. These players sucked.

Is this the SBMM? Or just luck. It was squads and my teammates were human at least. Pretty sure my enemies were too

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I would actually try the game if building wasnt in it, but I have no interest in it otherwise unfortunately

it looks like a good update though, will be interesting the feelings after a couple days, the last 3 or 4 updates have all been universally panned it seems like

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, it's almost 2020 and Save the World is still not F2P.

My friends and I were actually excited for the "soon" to be released F2P version back in 2017. Now? Now that excitement is long, loooooong gone.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is fucking rough!

even team rumble seems like I'm just up against PC players now who can just snap aim straight onto me and melt me

at this moment in time I'm not sure I'm buying the pass

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is fucking rough!

even team rumble seems like I'm just up against PC players now who can just snap aim straight onto me and melt me

at this moment in time I'm not sure I'm buying the pass

I had this complaint late last season where all of a sudden Team Rumble got super sweaty, and I'm 90% sure it's because it doesn't have sbmm so people who don't want to sweat in core modes but are good and want to clap bad people play Rumble now. I get 1 shot significantly more in Rumble than I do in Solos right now lol

Mechashiva

Jan 7, 2018
It's mostly bots with some players. Think it's meant to calibrate your matchmaking level.
Yeah but I'll take it. The into one didn't count in the career numbers. I know the bots are going to taper off but really, unless I'm on arena I play Fortnite for the silly. I'd love about 20 percent bit going forward. That way if you find a bit squad you can mess around with them then buckle down for the second circle and on. I've had a lot of fun today.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I can't lie. The whole: "Go from Cinematic to gameplay" was so good.

Also damn. I do feel like it looks better!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast killing fellow noobs. Man I wish I could enjoy this game to its fullest

I still completely freeze up when I have to build

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Does the game still have those awful instant wooden walls that people use to hide from other players?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Good lord, it's almost 2020 and Save the World is still not F2P.

My friends and I were actually excited for the "soon" to be released F2P version back in 2017. Now? Now that excitement is long, loooooong gone.
this is especially wild to think about when you consider that the game is still in early access and has been in development since 2011

maybe it'll be "finished" for it's tenth anniversary

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The grin on my face when the cinematic transitioned right into a match followed by the horror of whatever the fuck this patch did to the aspect ratio...also the realization that they reset my settings Epic why?!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bad I can't even win a solo match against what is very very obviously bots (people that continue to run against walls not shooting etc) lol

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Man the slurp skin was sooo close to being my favorite skin but there isn't a green variant. I could have truly been the green slime king. I guess they're bound to use the base model again in the shop for a new skin.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
member: 27751"] because I've found it perfectly reasonable to play without building a single thing. The map design is actually one of the things I've found Epic has nailed above and beyond any other competitor because of one reason: it's built around both playstyles. The fact I can play a match from start to finish and build nothing says it is possible to add a side mode or have matchmaking look at that aspect.
It isn't bad to have the opinion that building in Fortnite is atrocious and actually hampers what could be a good gun-skill orientated game. That's my opinion and I'm struck with awe at seeing others play building and poop structures out. I wish I could learn but if just doesn't click with me, though I also know my opinion isn't defining of what Epic should listen to.
[/QUOTE]

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man the slurp skin was sooo close to being my favorite skin but there isn't a green variant. I could have truly been the green slime king. I guess they're bound to use the base model again in the shop for a new skin.
It's probably way more likely we'll get other color styles(and yes, most definitely green) from challenges somewhere down the line.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Loving what I'm playing so far. On Switch and the new lighting model looks great. Game also seems to run a bit smoother than before.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
The battle is still building yes.

I feel like I've called this out a dozen times but this is so spurious. Original Fortnite BR was not remotely oriented around the style of building that the poster you're responding to mentions. The slogan was indicative that this was a Battle Royale game where you can build forts as much of their marketing from the time makes clear. Fortnite BR today is a completely different thing that manifested when Epic saw how much people enjoyed aspects of building they likely didn't consider in the first place, and the building oriented combat is hugely facilitated by the changes Epic have made to the game particularly starting with Season 3.

Nothing against those who prefer the modern Fortnite to what it used to be, but the notion that it was always this way or intended to be this way is completely counter to fact.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There must be bots, I just won my first game, the hot drop one from the intro!

Not one person I shot at built an Eiffel tower in a split second! Not one! It was glorious :) long live bots!