• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
holy crap, won the first match you get dropped into with 5 kills. It took me until the last week last season to get my first win.
iU8lE9e.png

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how they don't touch on it in videos.

I mean, why would they? It's the main hook of the game for crying out loud, of course there will still be building.

I wonder how many people will ask if Respawn removed character abilities from Apex when this new Halloween patch launches. Zero is my guess.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
holy crap, won the first match you get dropped into with 5 kills. It took me until the last week last season to get my first win.
iU8lE9e.png
Just got 2nd place on the first game. Kinnda worrying that it's bots because I haven't played in almost a year and that was on console. Blew my self up with a rocket launcher because my cat was jumping up on my desk.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Never played Fortnite but that blue goopy looking ghost man has me interested. Is he the main dude?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, why would they? It's the main hook of the game for crying out loud.

I wonder how many people will ask if Respawn removed character abilities from Apex when this new Halloween patch launches. Zero is my guess.

No, I mean it would just be nice to have an option to play it without the building. It's funny how they've made a conscious decision NOT to include the building aspect in any of the content they have released for this launch. The videos made it look like they'd really worked on the actual shooting and that building isn't evena focus at all.

Not saying they should completely drop it, I was excited to actually try it but I'm not interested in the building side.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Just got 2nd place on the first game. Kinnda worrying that it's bots because I haven't played in almost a year and that was on console. Blew my self up with a rocket launcher because my cat was jumping up on my desk.
Felt like a mix of both, unless bots know how to do 90s then that's terrifying. The last guy almost killed me, I had to panic and close him in a trap box.
Oh buddy you wnated it and you got it. Congrats.
Thanks

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure it if was new but spectating and queuing for the next match is really good.

Feb 24, 2018
So does this mean people have earn/buy all their gear again

Also I'm guess despite all this, the game is still technically in early access and not officially released?

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
played a quick round here at work on my Samsung Note 9... spent most time fishing.. which is really boring... lol

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Man Fortnite honestly seems like such a fun experience and something most people will look back at very fondly as a fun game/multiplayer experience.

Shame I just can't get into it because of the terrible cartoon aesthetics and the building gameplay. Feel like I'm missing out on the game that will define the late 2010's but whatever.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Water physics are only available when you enable highest settings. Don't play in lower if you have capable PCs.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Is it bots in the first drop because there's no way in hell I should be winning, I couldn't even remember how to build.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
These trailers always look great and make me want to play it.

Then I remember that the gameplay won't be anything like it and will actually just be a bunch of people building ramps over each other's heads and shotgunning one another.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wait, I though the concept of battle royale is one player left standing, why is there 4 player squad in the trailer? Is that a thing for a while now?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am going through Twitch watching VODs of people reaction to the first instant drop - and then the instant panic about keybinds

It is hilarious

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does the PS4 version looks worse than before. Everything but your close surroundings looks super flat.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Building feels really fiddly on consoles. Will I eventually get used to it, or just ignore it?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Man Fortnite honestly seems like such a fun experience and something most people will look back at very fondly as a fun game/multiplayer experience.

Shame I just can't get into it because of the terrible cartoon aesthetics and the building gameplay. Feel like I'm missing out on the game that will define the late 2010's but whatever.
Aren't you a Sonic fan?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is it me or does the PS4 version looks worse than before. Everything but your close surroundings looks super flat.

Huh, watching a live stream now on PS4, it seems nclose environments get the lowest LOD as if you were watching them from the battle bus. this is weird yeah. It seems to be a bug. I hope it will be fixed soon.

I think he means PS4, watching a PS4 stream too. Dunno about PS4 Pro.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So the Save the World mode is essentially dead right? I never hear about them updating that.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
do you just get whatever random character I gives or can you pick which character you want? never played before.

I think you mean default characters for non battle pass owners right? Well defaults are random so players won't choose the same default each time and the scene won't be filled the same character each time.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Ayyyyy my computer can barely hold 30 to 60 FPS on Ultra x 1440p. R9 Nano already showing its age

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I think you mean default characters for non battle pass owners right? Well defaults are random so players won't choose the same default each time and the scene won't be fileld the same character each time.
I assume it's Jonesy because the cutscene transitioned from him jumping out the bus into gameplay of him falling.