• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
bRCQgtn.gif

Add him pls.

Nov 18, 2017
I'm surprised they kept all of the Season 7 changes to the bottom of the map. I thought Greasy would return.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Happy the snowy area is still there and the new biomes look amazing. Rip Wailing though, you will be missed.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Looks sick. I wonder if the new lagoon area will finally have deep water? It'd be cool if we could swim or dive.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
World Marker Improvements
  • World Markers are now visible in the world when placed close to you.
  • Double-clicking the World Marker hotkey will place a "danger" version of that marker. World Markers placed while aiming with a weapon will also place the danger version.
  • Added 2D UI indicators to the World Markers, making them easier to see through objects.
  • World Markers now have an off-screen indicator and display the distance your character is from them.
  • Placing a World Marker on an item will display that item's icon and rarity.
  • Placing World Markers remains on the same key for PC and console (KBM: Middle Mouse Button, Controller: D-Pad Left).
    • This button can be remapped to any button you want. Let us know on our social channels what works best for you!
  • Mobile also has a button that can be added to the HUD. Place this button by using the HUD Layout Tool.
u1PnJOT.gif

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing during Season 5, but that banana skin...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'll seriously come back and buy the battle pass just to have it. I NEED IT.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
A pretty robust & similar-to-Apex ping system already existed in Save The World mode, at the very least. Maybe in BR mode too, though I have never used it since I never play with randos, only voice chat with family & friends.
There's a ping system in StW? Might be too early, but I'm having a hard time remembering what this system is.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already "stole" the ping system from Apex, that was quick

The upside and downside of Fortnite. They copy everything that is popular and liked. This game is like market research 101. It was being made as a co-op zombie shooter (a huge trend a couple years ago) with building elements Ć  la Minecraft when that was the big thing. It turned into mainly battle royale when that was the thing thanks to PUBG. It has/had everything in terms of monetization: lootboxes, battle pass, daily and weekly login bonuses and challenges, emotes, sprays, custom skins and models, weapon skins, companion pets. When Realm Royale showed a superior location pinging system, they instantly took it. Apex has the best pinging system? Few weeks later it's in Fortnite already. Sea Of Thieves is having a resurgence? Let's throw in the pirates, the mancannons and the similar designs. They only do cross-promotion with the biggest names like Marvel or Marshmello for maximum reach. All or nothing.

On the one hand, they're incredibly effective at finding what their userbase is looking for, immediately creating said content, usually without major hiccups (there have been balance issues and glitches in the past, but usually relatively small things). On the other, you'd be hard pressed to find a single element in Fortnite that was not directly lifted from some other widely popular game. But again, from a technical standpoint there is not much to complain about: they delivered an accessible battle royale with cross-play and cross-progression, one I can pick up anytime with my newcomer buddies and have a great time with. Playing something like PUBG with newbs is a chore, on the contrary. Ultimately this is good for those already invested in Fortnite and not planning to leave, as other games' innovations will inevitably land in Fortnite too sooner rather than later.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
There's a ping system in StW? Might be too early, but I'm having a hard time remembering what this system is.
If I'm not completely wrong in assuming "ping system" is the "notify team members about stuff in the environment by placing specific markers through a quick menu", then yes, STW has that kind of system. It's not quite as good as Apex's, but it's there.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not completely wrong in assuming "ping system" is the "notify team members about stuff in the environment by placing specific markers through a quick menu", then yes, STW has that kind of system. It's not quite as good as Apex's, but it's there.
Oh, the marker system with stuff like 'Danger', 'Loot' etc.? Yeah, that's in there. I never use it though.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I sure do not regret completing those challenges for the free battle pass. I will likely not play as much anymore because of Apex but probably more than if they hadn't given it to me for free.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, the marker system with stuff like 'Danger', 'Loot' etc.? Yeah, that's in there. I never use it though.
I use it in STW occasionally when I find some Storm Chest or something, to try to get random team members to join me completing it (I can do at least part of it alone but it can get a bit much in higher difficulty level missions, so I'd rather have at least on person join me). Otherwise, yeah, it's not in regular use.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My goal this season will be the Banana Skin, not really feeling any of the other skins. EPIC need to add a selectable Banana in Pyjamas style though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I see all these patch notes, but all I really care about is the absolutely ridiculous buff to Shurikens. They were fantastic already, but now their damage output is going to be insane.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What i love about Fortnite is the theme color, i love it so much, too bad I dropped the game 6 months ago when I just really couldn't stand being bad at the game. I like Apex shooting but the map and fade color palette is really painful to look :(

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
lmao at the ping system.

Epic just needed someone to have that idea for them, huh.

Looks like a fun season.
They already had it in at least the Save the World mode. Probably thought that they should add it (or improve it, I forget if it's even in the Battle Royale mode since I've never seen the use for it) into the BR mode as well considering how well liked it's been in Apex.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
New locations look great! Love how they keep updating the map. The most 'living' game out there.

Also that party assist stuff is a great idea.