• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Why are these summer challenges so bad. Who the hell thought this was a good idea!?
I managed to grind out all of them bar the headshot kills, and seeing as it's just for an icon I don't think I'll bother. Seems there's 14 challenges and 12 are needed for the ice cream van emote. Tying them to this trios mode of 'good luck, hope you can build well' has been a slog.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
I managed to grind out all of them bar the headshot kills, and seeing it's just for an icon I don't think I'll bother. Seems there's 14 challenges and 12 are needed for the ice cream van emote. Tying them to this trios mode of 'good luck, hope you can build well' has been a slog.
I just want to get the black and gold surfboard for summer Midas so I hope that the challenge attached to that will be easy but as a switch player, seeing people build faster than Sonic is not a good time. I can appreciate why Epic might want the challenges to be tied to creative modes but they just chose the sweatiest ones.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I just want to get the black and gold surfboard for summer Midas so I hope that the challenge attached to that will be easy but as a switch player, seeing people build faster than Sonic is not a good time. I can appreciate why Epic might want the challenges to be tied to creative modes but they just chose the sweatiest ones.
I didn't even see the new set was up; I haven't tried Pro 100 before, is it as bad at that Zone Wars one?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Looks like it, yeah.
Just had a go and just seemed to be mindless deathmatch with spawn-killing thrown in for 'fun'. Got the rocket launcher damage, coins to buy items won't be as bad, just time to buy 10 things from it. Reviving 20 teammates tho.. like how lol. Everyone finished everyone on the spot. I got 3 revives in like 20 minutes of play and that was solely because there was someone AFK in our spawn who occasionally went down to rockets or people invading it. Couple of times I tried others but got trashed because the arena is too small and too frantic to be able to just sit still somewhere for the 10 seconds needed to pick someone up without getting blasted.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
WOW Loki is the crew skin. Huge. Now the whole "changing forms for as long as you're a member" thing makes sense.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
WOW Loki is the crew skin. Huge. Now the whole "changing forms for as long as you're a member" thing makes sense.
Is that how long you've been subbed to Fortnite crew? I hope they're smart about it if so. I initially subbed on xbox but cancelled to move to PSN as I'm not playing it as much and got tired of having to boot it up + patch it just to get the Crew rewards each month

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This new mode is so dumb. Just had a round where we got into the enemy spawn and could just kill them as they spawned until they quit. At least that's the coins one done.. Revives is going to be rough, might just try and drag a friend in there to complete it. At 7/20 but people are constantly trying to steal revives or you're getting trashed during the 10s.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
Just had a go and just seemed to be mindless deathmatch with spawn-killing thrown in for 'fun'. Got the rocket launcher damage, coins to buy items won't be as bad, just time to buy 10 things from it. Reviving 20 teammates tho.. like how lol. Everyone finished everyone on the spot. I got 3 revives in like 20 minutes of play and that was solely because there was someone AFK in our spawn who occasionally went down to rockets or people invading it. Couple of times I tried others but got trashed because the arena is too small and too frantic to be able to just sit still somewhere for the 10 seconds needed to pick someone up without getting blasted.
Yeah, the explosive damage and spending challenges seem annyoing but fine but I just do not understand why they would have the reviving one. If you get knocked down you can just choose to respawn back to full health and shield so there's no incentive to let yourself be revived unless you want to help people with the challenge. It doesn't help that the arena is small and there's basically nowhere to take cover to revive someone safely.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This new mode is so dumb. Just had a round where we got into the enemy spawn and could just kill them as they spawned until they quit. At least that's the coins one done.. Revives is going to be rough, might just try and drag a friend in there to complete it. At 7/20 but people are constantly trying to steal revives or you're getting trashed during the 10s.
I wonder if the map code thing will work for cheesing these challenges with an alt/friend as well? It seems to be 1234-3424-1388 if I am doing it correctly? The map for the earlier challenges was 4059-2791-0712.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Best way to do the reviving one is to have one person with a rocket launcher just kill themselves in the corner and let your partner Rez. It takes out the randomness of it all. I did all of the challenges in about an hour but I'll keep going to spam for weapon/damage challenges.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if the map code thing will work for cheesing these challenges with an alt/friend as well? It seems to be 1234-3424-1388 if I am doing it correctly? The map for the earlier challenges was 4059-2791-0712.
Good shout, won't help for me with the revives but should be useful for others at least.
Best way to do the reviving one is to have one person with a rocket launcher just kill themselves in the corner and let your partner Rez. It takes out the randomness of it all. I did all of the challenges in about an hour but I'll keep going to spam for weapon/damage challenges.
Yeh I think I'll end up playing with a friend until whoever gets a RL first and then do that. Do you know if you can drop it to someone else when you're done or does it disappear?

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the new mode is some braindead shit. It literally just turns into endless rocket spam. Gimme more zone wars over this shit.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
These summer event modes are so terrible. I like elevating creative fan work, but these modes are just poorly-conceived and implemented.

Just a bunch of people loading in because it's required to get things, but then the rules are poorly explained (if they're explained at all) because the creators seem more intent on putting big "drop us a like" signs right in front of you. Then the match starts and half the people quit because they don't know what to do and it's not fun.

The Among Us and even the basketball thing were better than these.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah these evens look bad but it doesn't bother me too much since I play Fortnite at my own pace. I've got more than enough time to level up during a season. Whenever they do something I don't care for, I just don't play.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
While the new mode is ok in theory, in practice it's shit because the first team to get rocket launchers wrecks the other since the top floor is just instant death zone and the bottom floor becomes overrun with the other team.

Luckily it came down to 3 on 1 and the 1 was helping us get the 20 revives which was really cool of them. Gotta go back and get 6 more items bought and I'm done with that mode.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I really don't like these summer challenges, I wish they were in the normal BR mode, or at least faster to do

Also, I was initially excited for the Pump Up the Jam emote but then I saw the movements

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I really don't like these summer challenges, I wish they were in the normal BR mode, or at least faster to do

Also, I was initially excited for the Pump Up the Jam emote but then I saw the movements

Being able to grind them out with a friend in a private lobby is the only reason I'm bothering with these. If you couldn't, I would've given up on more than a few of these.

Each set thus far has stuff that would take way too long in normal circumstances.

Between this and having to defeat Raz, unsure why epic is upping the difficulty a bit too much on some quests to the point of not being fun.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So done with the summer modes. What a horrible horrible experience

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The FNCS All-Star Bundle Twitch drop is up for the next 10 or so hours, bundle as in you get all the rewards at once. Sprays, emote, loading screen, foam finger back bling (if you don't already have it)

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The FNCS All-Star Bundle Twitch drop is up for the next 10 or so hours, bundle as in you get all the rewards at once. Sprays, emote, loading screen, foam finger back bling (if you don't already have it)
Thanks for the heads up. Any "drops enabled" tagged Fortnite streamer will do?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yeah, Marvel stuff is back in the shop. A friend of mine has been wanting the X-Force pack for months. He's happy.

I got the pack back in November, I think, during the Marvel season.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Just played a couple of games after not playing for a while, and I'm just not a fan of the new map, it's too busy imo.

I'm surprised Epic hasn't banked on nostalgia yet and brought the old map back.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Help, I spent a stupid amount of money on Marvel skins (Thanos, Ant-Man, Blade, Cap, Venom, Ghost Rider, Hulk Smashers).

Wish I didn't miss Deadpool. I could care less about Deadpool versions of Fortnite characters.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you 😭😭

As someone who loves Marvel and only started with Fortnite last season... This store just nuked my wallet.

I was under the impression that you played long before that. I only started during the Marvel season (a few seasons ago) and I got some good stuff then, especially all the Battle Pass rewards.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
As someone who wanted to get Thanos, I'm kinda bummed he only has his armor and not his other look.

Not even a version where you can take off the helmet is a bit disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.