• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The blue old normal assault rife is so fucking good and accurate. When it comes to primal vs mechanic I like these weapons this way

Mechanic assault rifle
Primal shotgun
Primal smg
Primal bow with random attachment (likely fire)
Revolver can get fucked both ways.

Those would be my choices as well. Although I haven't spent that much time with SMGs this season. Kinda have been dropping them regularly to carry around materials for my bow build.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire arrows are the most fun I've had with the core gameplay in forever.
Readily available and almost entirely eliminates the fortress buildoffs at the end.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
If I've just played my first game in about two years and won does that mean I was basically playing against bots

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Man, people just really haven't gotten used to how fragile their builds have become thanks to the Shockwave bow. So many fall damage kills just by bursting through the bottom layers of towers in an instant. Also no point in boxing up because I'm just going to boost through with a shotty.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, people just really haven't gotten used to how fragile their builds have become thanks to the Shockwave bow. So many fall damage kills just by bursting through the bottom layers of towers in an instant. Also no point in boxing up because I'm just going to boost through with a shotty.
Imo the more build counters, the better.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017

Yo, wait, what ? The shockwave arrows destroys builds? I thought it was used to shoot people into the storm.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'll have to try out the shockwave bow, that sounds great. I've been loving the fire arrows, got my last win by just decimating my opponent's builds with it. The normal weapon crafting stuff (just primal or mechanical) is pretty meh imo but I think the bows are great

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I used it to mostly just save myself from a quick storm. If that's what it does then I'm going to make that every time possible. Lol

Just tried and I think I missread. The arrows don't blast builds but you can easily break stuff by launching yourself through them. Like impulse grenades basically, but you have 31 of them.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried and I think I missread. The arrows don't blast builds but you can easily break stuff by launching yourself through them. Like impulse grenades basically, but you have 31 of them.
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. Using the arrows to launch yourself through multiple builds at a time. Having 31 arrows basically means you don't need to be stingy and can feel free to waste some just breaking through stuff.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I mentioned this a page or 2 ago. Shockwave grenades you can aim precisely, inflict damage with, and carry 31 of at a time is almost comically goofy lol. They're being slept on in matches I've played, but they're gonna be a problem. They really need to change how you craft them at least, and up it to more than 2 Shockwave grenades (which is what you get when you pick them up as floor loot/out of a chest). Up it to 4 Shockwave grenades and then you have to force players to waste an inventory slot just to hold them until they get enough to craft the Shockwave bow.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to report a bug where it said I leveled up like 3 times during a match, but I didn't when returning to the menu. I tried to use the in-game reporting system, but it just sends a screenshot? Is there no way to add notes to explain?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to report a bug where it said I leveled up like 3 times during a match, but I didn't when returning to the menu. I tried to use the in-game reporting system, but it just sends a screenshot? Is there no way to add notes to explain?
iirc they are well aware of this bug and are already working on it. If it's the same thing anyways, I think they were saying it was possible for gained xp notices to show up a bunch of times, but when you go back to the menu it would reflect the appropriate amount gained.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
iirc they are well aware of this bug and are already working on it. If it's the same thing anyways, I think they were saying it was possible for gained xp notices to show up a bunch of times, but when you go back to the menu it would reflect the appropriate amount gained.
Thanks, this was my first time ever trying to report a bug. I don't know if that's the limitation of their in-game reporting system, but I ended up sending a screenshot with no context.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So after my niece got into this, I've gone home to get into it myself on PC as well. I was so ready to pay up for Kratos' axe but it's not there anymore. Does this stuff come back in seasons, or are they forever gone like the Marvel stuff?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So after my niece got into this, I've gone home to get into it myself on PC as well. I was so ready to pay up for Kratos' axe but it's not there anymore. Does this stuff come back in seasons, or are they forever gone like the Marvel stuff?
Some of the Marvel stuff was from the Chapter 2 Season 4 battle pass, and battle pass stuff is exclusive to the battle pass and thus never coming back

Kratos (and his items) was a shop item, which (theoretically) can come back at any time, and most likely will at some point. It literally just left yesterday after being in the shop for two weeks, though, so I wouldn't expect it super soon personally

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the Marvel stuff was from the Chapter 2 Season 4 battle pass, and battle pass stuff is exclusive to the battle pass and thus never coming back

Kratos (and his items) was a shop item, which (theoretically) can come back at any time, and most likely will at some point. It literally just left yesterday after being in the shop for two weeks, though, so I wouldn't expect it super soon personally
Oh cool! Yes, I thought I had a day or two left on those items. I might get hardcore into this. I'm actually really enjoying it to my surprise, since I had a hard time casually getting into it months ago. Does new skins, emotes and items only come out during new seasons? And this game even got licensed music you can unlock?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Speaking of the Shop, it seems that Tron items are gone, like gone-gone.
Yeah, it's a really weird situation. Fortnite had the Tron skins on their Instagram story with the rest of the hunters when they brought them all back (but they were not in the shop), but then they deleted them from the story, and now the tag is gone?

I wanted them to come back :(

Oh cool! Yes, I thought I had a day or two left on those items. I might get hardcore into this. I'm actually really enjoying it to my surprise, since I had a hard time casually getting into it months ago. Does new skins, emotes and items only come out during new seasons? And this game even got licensed music you can unlock?
No, they add new stuff to the shop all the time. A new skin came out in the shop 2 days ago, a new emote came out yesterday, etc.

If you have any interest in the Street Fighter stuff, that stuff is going away when the shop updates in an hour and 10 minutes.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Does anyone know why I have 2000 vbucks?

I typically play on Xbox, hopped on PS5 and there are 2000 vbucks. My guess is Fortnite crew? Or did the recent Sony pack include vbucks?

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
The game on PS5 looks so much better than my high end PC with a 3080.

Does the PS5 have some unique enhancements? And are they likely to come to the PC version?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
What an interesting season so far. Pretty excited for the Batcave and dinosaurs. I feel like leveling is stupid easy so far having hit 22 in just a few short hours of playing. Picked up the Marigold skin and got all 1500 vbucks today. Love her so much more than Midas! I'm 100% getting Oakwitch too.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why I have 2000 vbucks?

I typically play on Xbox, hopped on PS5 and there are 2000 vbucks. My guess is Fortnite crew? Or did the recent Sony pack include vbucks?

Did you purchase something like the Neo Versa pack at some point?

www.cdkeys.com

Fortnite Neo Versa + 2000 V-Bucks PS4 (US)

Buy Fortnite Neo Versa + 2000 V-Bucks PS4 (US)✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

Those vbucks would be locked to your PS devices and not shared across other platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this season has been a lot of fun. Between mucking with animals and the crafting that results of how you hunt/tame, and upgrading the weapons, while working various NPC quests and boons, you can flow from acquiring fun new toys, turning into a prop, then waiting for the moment in a chaotic battle to strike, while animal pets or creeps do their thing. Leaning into that roguelike match progression where a lot more choice opens up.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What an interesting season so far. Pretty excited for the Batcave and dinosaurs. I feel like leveling is stupid easy so far having hit 22 in just a few short hours of playing. Picked up the Marigold skin and got all 1500 vbucks today. Love her so much more than Midas! I'm 100% getting Oakwitch too.
Wait, dinosaurs will roam the map? Cause I absolutely love dinos!

And this sounds great. I'm currently lvl 7 but I'll try to hit 22 today.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely have the feeling this might end up as my more hated season. Every fight coming down to either getting one tapped by a pump shotgun or getting spammed to death by a primal shotgun is definitely gonna grow old fast. Really feels like getting the worst of both possible worlds. I like the additions this season in general, but the weapon balance has been quite displeasing so far.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely have the feeling this might end up as my more hated season. Every fight coming down to either getting one tapped by a pump shotgun or getting spammed to death by a primal shotgun is definitely gonna grow old fast. Really feels like getting the worst of both possible worlds. I like the additions this season in general, but the weapon balance has been quite displeasing so far.
As someone who has played since chapter 1 season 2, I uninstalled today.

New weapons are garbage. Crafting is poorly implemented. Map barely changed. Matchmaking is fucked. No thanks.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Do they usually bring back packs like the Marigold pack or are those usually limited to the one time they are released?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just hit 50 from level 1. This might just be the fastest I've leveled in any season so far. Still have plenty of milestones showing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.