• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Here we go

edit: I'm only getting a 400 MB update (haven't updated in a while), and my friend who just downloaded it from the App Store has to download a 5 GB patch. It's probably just the regular data for people who haven't installed the game yet.

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? XIV had monsters invade the city states in real time, and then everybody watched the end of the world together, at which point the game shut down permanently.

Fortnite, on the other hand, is going to switch back on shortly with some new features. It's definitely a bit of a different thing, but by order of magnitude XIV kind of has it beat, at least in terms of relative scale. Unless you're talking about social/cultural magnitude, in which case there's obviously no argument there, this is obviously a much bigger deal to the public at large.
I never played this game, but HOLY SHIT!

That was in 2012!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
These events have always been cool and exciting. Stopped playing Fortnite a year+ ago, with no intention to go back, around when they introduced jetpacks. But this is neat.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
If you're not into the "last man standing" mode, there's Team Rumbles. It's basically team deathmatch between two factions that's on the biggest deathmatch map ever. You don't even need to the do the building mechanic and you can still do really good and unlock 99% of the stuff in the game.

It got me into the game and I rarely ever play the main BR mode. My kid and I have played it for a year.

It was such a popular limited time mode it became a core mode now.

This is what I do. We have a PS4 main account and a secondary switch account. Somehow I've got relegated to the switch account😁. I'm crap at the building, but there's enough fun stuff to do without it. Thanks to the free season/battle pass they did around Valentine's Day (to counter Apex), I haven't spent a cent on the switch account.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, if they are going to reorganize the PvE part, reimagine some sections of the whole game and add PvP modes i will be happy.

I was one of the people who bought the most expensive edition when the original game came out, and i dont care about the battle royale portion
Same and it's frustrating to see BR getting all the attention. Maybe when it'll be out of EA.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Phone players are getting near 6 GB update right now. Seems Mobile gets everything first, leaks and even update.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Phone players are getting near 6 GB update right now. Seems Mobile gets everything first, leaks and even update.
I'm only getting a 400 MB update (haven't updated in a while), and my friend who just downloaded it from the App Store has to download a 5 GB patch. It's probably just the regular data for people who haven't installed the game yet.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only getting a 400 MB update (haven't updated in a while), and my friend who just downloaded it from the App Store has to download a 5 GB patch. It's probably just the regular data for people who haven't installed the game yet.

No reading everywhere that is 5.29 GB on phones as update.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
If you have the game loaded up, press up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,a,b start or whatever your controller version is for ps4 its circle, cross then start it will unlock a small mini game to play

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, the people behind fortnite and the way they have marketed it deserve serious recognition because I'm constantly floored by the ideas and implementation they do.

It kind of reminds me of the pixar vs dreamworks pic.
Kd0rYi3.jpg
Lol accurate. Tbf tho, Kung Fu Panda was pretty good.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My two cents:

The game will remain down for an extended period e.g until usual Tuesday morning GMT time.

Taking the game down for 1.5 days will generate a huge amount of buzz and attention when combined with occasional changes / occurrences on the black whole screen / stream. It's unprecedented and they're certainly not hurting for the money lost in that short period.

Doing so would create a huge wave of reinvigorated interest in a game that (despite remaining huge) has had declining numbers. I could be wrong, but hey that's my theory!

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This is what I do. We have a PS4 main account and a secondary switch account. Somehow I've got relegated to the switch account😁. I'm crap at the building, but there's enough fun stuff to do without it. Thanks to the free season/battle pass they did around Valentine's Day (to counter Apex), I haven't spent a cent on the switch account.

I mean, there are some days I just land and do challenges. I won't even kill a single guy. It's basically a "how fast can I reach this hoverboard, glide to 10 different POIs and get the challenge credit before someone shoots me" RPG.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think if having a game down for a couple of days is really a good idea. People will stop caring soon if nothing happens. People want to play the game, if Epic doesn't say anything and just keeps the stream of nothing happening... idk man...

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
My two cents:

The game will remain down for an extended period e.g until usual Tuesday morning GMT time.

Taking the game down for 1.5 days will generate a huge amount of buzz and attention when combined with occasional changes / occurrences on the black whole screen / stream. It's unprecedented and they're certainly not hurting for the money lost in that short period.

Doing so would create a huge wave of reinvigorated interest in a game that (despite remaining huge) has had declining numbers. I could be wrong, but hey that's my theory!

I read somewhere that someone datamined that "something" is happening at 5:07pm

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there are some days I just land and do challenges. I won't even kill a single guy. It's basically a "how fast can I reach this hoverboard, glide to 10 different POIs and get the challenge credit before someone shoots me" RPG.

i haveny played in a long time but the one season I did play and got a battlepass I would just log in to do challenges and never killed unless a challenge asked to lol

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even like Fortnite and here I am glued to fucking Twitch to see what happens next.

They're playing me like a damn fiddle!

Status
Not open for further replies.