• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can totally understand Ninja getting a skin ... but JJ? That's like putting a Barbara Bush skin into RockBand... or Brendan Fraser in GTA V - which would make him turn in his grave.

Just why?
It's not a playable skin and was used for the crossover event as a live in-game interview.

Oct 25, 2017
An inevitability that was staved off as long as possible. The rumor was for quite a while that Epic really didn't like Ninja because he was complainer-in-chief when it came to Fortnite. These days he's probably calmed down somewhat.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Must be how they managed to get the SW event in their game.
I like to imagine the negotiations where JJ demands to be in the game :D
Star Wars?

Also why in hell does so many people here have such hate for this?
Well please don't get me wrong, I don't hate it at all. I just think it's random and obscure, at least in my opinion. Of course they'd add stuff from the Star Wars universe, but the director? Isn't that kinda odd? For me Fortnite skins are a bit like toys and what child would want to play with a JJ action figure? :)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars?

Also why in hell does so many people here have such hate for this?
It's popular with them kids these days and that confuses and enrages people.

E7r43.png

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I like to imagine the negotiations where JJ demands to be in the game :D

Well please don't get me wrong, I don't hate it at all. I just think it's random and obscure, at least in my opinion. Of course they'd add stuff from the Star Wars universe, but the director? Isn't that kinda odd? For me Fortnite skins are a bit like toys and what child would want to play with a JJ action figure? :)

Oh sorry, my last comment wasn't aimed at you :) Just the people complaining :) And I get that JJ was a bit of a strange decision.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
So that was the call Geoff posted on twitter.

On the topic, Ninja's skin looks cool.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does the skin look familiar? Swear they used the base of another skin but trying to remember which one.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
A Ninja skin makes some sense in the world of Fornite,

but JJ Abrams is just fucking hilarious and something no one, ever, would ask for.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
You said " his skin isn't half bad from a design standpoint". It's a hideous combination of overdesign, color, and overall aesthetic. It's a failure in design.

It's not overdesign at all. His avatar looks like a male Frost from Mortal Kombat. Overdesign would be double jackets, shoulder pads, spikes, or other random bullshit they could have added to it. They kept it simple and to the point.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
I assume all the female player skins are changed to the default male ones, wouldn't want the Ninja skin to get distracted.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I hate Ninja but boi oh boi am I a sucker for the stylized art.

That Ninja outfit and hair is like my aesthetic as fuck. Still won't play Fortnite though.

Love the hair and shading and texture work here.