• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question: this dude feeds off hate? I don't follow him but every time his name pops up on Era, it's him raging or being angry over something.

I wouldn't say he "feeds off hate" - he's more like anti corporation, anti capitalism. That usually leads to angry videos, too but the motives are different I would say.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting thread.

Sure sometimes this site has users who have a tendency to jump the gun before the details are known buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... you also have a lot of people paying no care to when stuff actually does happen.

So in all honesty when I see a bunch of people claiming this is proof that "ERA overreacts to everything", it feels like some of the users are being disingenuous and may have ulterior motives about topics that should have the concerned look placed on them.

Just muh opinion anyways~

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's worse, getting worked by a 13 year old girl or getting worked by someone who does OC sonic fanart on Deviantart?
To be fair I would assume the average intelligence of someone in either of those categories is higher than that of the typical message board gamer just from the experience of reading several years worth of fandom venting.

And she's a better artist at 13 than I am at unspecified adult age TBH

As for me I've been just rubbernecking this thread on and off over the course of today. I guess sometimes being too enthralled in soap opera drama to think to weigh in on it pays off.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
My GF works for Artstation, so she works with a LOT of artist and studios from everywhere around the world. Epic is one of their biggest client. I showed her this Thread when it just started, her first reaction was that something was fishy and people were getting fooled.

She was right.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
now that this is all settled can someone please add that missing "T" to the thread title before I lose my mind

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to bed, LATER Y'ALL
SwT90qX.gif

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This whole situation also highlights an issue with DeviantArt and how can be used to "protect" your drawings, which hopefully they correct in future.
While a lot of us had a kneejerk reaction when shown the concept of "large company steals from independent artist" - myself included - we had no idea you could so easily edit your own DeviantArt uploads. What the fuck.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's worse, getting worked by a 13 year old girl or getting worked by someone who does OC sonic fanart on Deviantart?

listen, people underestimated the Sonic community on DeviantArt

they knew how to take advantage of the massive information asymmetry at play here: them masters of the platform, us a bunch of ignorant fools

DeviantArt illiteracy is a bigger problem than anyone could have realized, and the potential for chaos will always be there until we solve it

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok be honest y'all how many of you just jumped on the pile cause it was Epic

it's ok we're in a judgement free zone, I believed this shit too hook line and sinker

legit cackling at Jim taking forever on the Steam/Epic videos and then having this one up immediately when he didn't need to tho
I'm not even that critical of the Epic Store and I completely fell for it.

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Y'all got so fuckin' turnt about beating your epic hate boner that you made yourselves look like fools. Seen stuff like this countless times in small online communities, turns out sometimes people like to go on the internet and tell lies.

Maybe next time ya won't jump to conclusions, eh there, first page?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Razor Mom part and responses, WHEW the truth is straight up ether.

I just wish this site was better than having people constantly try to Three Stooges syndrome themselves for shitty played out takes all the time.

But okay, now can we have a single Jim Sterling thread that I can put on ignore and never see again?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why mob mentality doesn't work. Maybe read and wait for proof before hanging people?

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
People should be made to publicly apologize in a thread like this before they can post again lol.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Interesting thread.

Sure sometimes this site has users who have a tendency to jump the gun before the details are known buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... you also have a lot of people paying no care to when stuff actually does happen.

So in all honesty when I see a bunch of people claiming this is proof that "ERA overreacts to everything", it feels like some of the users are being disingenuous and may have ulterior motives about topics that should have the concerned look placed on them.

Just muh opinion anyways~
"Everything's a conspiracy"

Tim Sweeney definitely orchestrated a brazen theft of a 13 year old's artwork himself. The "competition" jokes were 100% warranted!!!!1

Are you seriously saying the people who had a level head about this were the ones with ulterior motives?

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
notice how he used the word "ultimately" to low key place the blame elsewhere

How does the word "ultimately" do that?

In that context, "ultimately" would be interchangeable with something like "at the end of the day" or "all things considered". He's taking full responsibility.

But okay, now can we have a single Jim Sterling thread that I can put on ignore and never see again?

Why would we do that? Jim actually took responsibility for his fuck-up, which puts him a step above plenty of users here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Everything's a conspiracy"

Tim Sweeney definitely orchestrated a brazen theft of a 13 year old's artwork himself. The "competition" jokes were 100% warranted!!!!1

Are you seriously saying the people who had a level head about this were the ones with ulterior motives?
I'm uncertain how you took conspiracy from what I stated.

What I'm getting at is although this thread was a lesson in proper, I question the motives of some who are using this as a catch-all for anytime someone has a concern about something.

Oct 25, 2017
There were definitely some people who were chomping at the bit to get that Epic dig in here lol

I admittedly took the side of the artist, annoyed that I got duped.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Re-reading the thread after the confirmation of it been fake, sure is fun.
vnYqwRd.png
nIuBpZv.png

Loot at the blue hair with the red/yellow headband.
Look at the blue eyes with red/yellow pupils. The golden circle surrounding them.
The white yellow shoulder pads.
The blue shirt with golden triangle and a darker blue/black in said triangle.
The gold around the neck.

That's never, ever a coincidence. Too many of even the small details add up.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The craziest thing about this thread besides everything, is that I followed every link in the op and looked at all the images and I can't seem to actually see what the fortnite skin looks like. Seems like a picture of that should be in the op or in those links somewhere.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does the word "ultimately" do that?

In that context, "ultimately" would be interchangeable with something like "at the end of the day" or "all things considered". He's taking full responsibility.

yes, those 2 examples you gave are the same thing. he's taking responsibility, but he can't resist mentioning that it's not ALL his fault. it's one of those subtle half apology things. the "ultimately" is used to alleviate some of the blame by implying that there were forces outside of his control that caused his mistake. there weren't. he could have waited 24 hours before jumping on the rage train.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What sucks is this does undermine the fact that art theft actually is incredibly common and is something that should be taken seriously. I can imagine more people taking this as a sign to be more skeptical of people claiming their art was stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.