• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I like how whenever someone criticizes Joey Boy ppl come in screaming about 4 more years of Trump even though we're still in the primaries. To them Biden being the candidate is a foregone conclusion so saying mean things about him now is just sabotage in their mind

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
oh cool, it's a "but trump!" post before the primaries have even started used to deflect from biden being a shit person and candidate

neat

(real talk admins/mods need to look at and assess this "but trump!" pattern, it's getting obnoxious)

Neat neat. But you have no idea the demographics of the people who actually vote do you. It's real cute that an opinion is signal flared to mods. Step out of your shell please people can have differing opinions

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Why do people insist on stepping out of the primary when Biden is criticized..

It's getting sad at this point

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Prepare for 4 more years of Trump then. Enjoy! Half the VOTING democrats in primaries and election is 50 and above. Rest just want trump gone. You can leave that resentment at home

So you are saying that despite trump you will be resentful enough that your enthusiasm for the dem vs trump will be dampened because dems chose Biden

Are you fucking kidding me, now begrudingly voting Biden isn't even enough? Get the hell out of here with this shit.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Biden's challenge is that there are tons of establishment Dems competing.

Sanders' only has to worry about how much Warren syphons support from the left

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Sure but then it would be nice if less than a year later when she's spreading hate that he would call her out with some vague bullshittery like "I know from our talk that you're better than this Ms. McCain". Just something.

Ah okay, now I got ya. Yeah that would be nice if the Dems actually had a backbone and straight up called people out.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad you tell the truth and are not afraid of what happens if many think like you
I live in one of the safest blue states ever so I have the luxury of not voting the party line. If the democratic party want to continue resisting the progressive wave and maintain the status quo of "slightly better than trump" then I'll stop voting for them. That's not good enough

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Prepare for 4 more years of Trump then. Enjoy! Half the VOTING democrats in primaries and election is 50 and above. Rest just want trump gone. You can leave that resentment at home

So you are saying that despite trump you will be resentful enough that your enthusiasm for the dem vs trump will be dampened because dems chose Biden
Yes, enthusiasm would drop, anyone with a brain and a heart would react this way. The fuck are you on about?

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
these are relative terms. Significantly higher taxes on incomes above 100k and uhc are pretty fucking popular across the board. Everyone but dem establishment apologists can see that, it's why republicans are trying to go hard against the new wave of democrats.

That's not what I asked. Are the majority of the voting block which decide the election in US center or left of center

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I live in one of the safest blue states ever so I have the luxury of not voting the party line. If the democratic party want to continue resisting the progressive wave and maintain the status quo of "slightly better than trump" then I'll stop voting for them. That's not good enough

TIL Biden is slightly better than Trump. This is devastating news for me

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Let me ask you a question. If you were at work, and you walked behind women and kissed the back of their heads and sniffed them, what would HR call it?
So are you saying there were no women who said Biden sexually harassed them and you are not believing the women when they say he didn't sexually harass to be precise ? Are we building narratives because he is not your guy ? Hell Biden is not even my choice that I want vs Trump but I am not frothing at the mouth that he is ahead in the polls

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
That's not what I asked. Are the majority of the voting block which decide the election in US center or left of center

it's neither. Most people don't intuitively connect policy to position on the political spectrum in that way until corporate dems/corporate media use it as a wedge. The majority of people don't vote.

You didn't answer my question either and it's a relevant one

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Most voters are policy blind, for better or worse. The electorate is not dying for centrism, most people want change but have no understanding of exactly what.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So are you saying there were no women who said Biden sexually harassed them and you are not believing the women when they say he didn't sexually harass to be precise ? Are we building narratives because he is not your guy ? Hell Biden is not even my choice that I want vs Trump but I am not frothing at the mouth that he is ahead in the polls
I'm saying, by definition, those acts are sexual harassment, especially in the workplace. And Biden gets away with it because of who he is.

I didn't say anything about disbelieving these women. I see you. You are not posting in good faith and you dodged my question completely.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imaging arguing that grabbing women and forcing them to make physical contact with you isnt sexual harassment

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding unwanted physical intimacy; antagonizing other members over a series of posts
I'm saying, by definition, those acts are sexual harassment, especially in the workplace. And Biden gets away with it because of who he is.

I didn't say anything about disbelieving these women. I see you. You are not posting in good faith and you dodged my question completely.

No , in fact the argument against Biden by you is in bad faith. The women know he is touchy feely with everyone. They rightfully said they were not comfortable even if they knew it wasn't sexual in nature but grandfatherly in nature . You are putting forward a bad faith argument that no he wasn't even being grandfatherly . You are saying he was literally sexually harassing them knowingly. This is the connotation you are implying. He might be creepy because he is grandfatherly in his affection with people he does not know but he is definitely not purposely feeling women up knowingly or unknowingly in a non grandfatherly way .

You are suggesting he is in fact like Bill Clinton who is rightfully called a sexual harasser

Oct 27, 2017
What will you do if and maybe when he does win the nom
Pout, then take his ball and go home. Just like many did when Hillary was chosen as the nominee. Spite wins out over common sense quite often.

Fortunately though, Joe isn't going to win the nom. He's popular now but the more he talks the more people are going to remember that no one gave a shit about Joe during Obama's 8 year reign. Including Obama.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Pout, then take his ball and go home. Just like many did when Hillary was chosen as the nominee. Spite wins out over common sense quite often.

Fortunately though, Joe isn't going to win the nom. He's popular now but the more he talks the more people are going to remember that no one gave a shit about Joe during Obama's 8 year reign. Including Obama.

I agree he isn't likely going to win the nom. It should go to Kamala Harris or Beto

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

How people can make posts like this seriously in a world where Bernie voters converted to Clinton then Clinton at a higher rate then voters did to Obama blows my mind.

It's focusing so much on the fact that people have disdain for the democratic establishment and focusing so little on even considering taking the reasons for that seriously

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No , in fact the argument against Biden by you is in bad faith. The women know he is touchy feely with everyone. They rightfully said they were not comfortable even if they knew it wasn't sexual in nature but grandfatherly in nature . You are putting forward a bad faith argument that no he wasn't even being grandfatherly . You are saying he was literally sexually harassing them knowingly. This is the connotation you are implying. He might be creepy because he is grandfatherly in his affection with people he does not know but he is definitely not purposely feeling women up knowingly or unknowingly in a non grandfatherly way .

You are suggesting he is in fact like Bill Clinton who is rightfully called a sexual harasser
LOL boy, you really went all in with this post didn't you? If I'm making an argument in bad faith, why are you banned for excusing his behavior as grandfatherly when none of his accusers said this? Why are you putting words in my mouth about him being Bill Clinton. Oh wait, I gotta wait a week because you just couldn't help but make shitty inflammatory arguments that defy logic.

People like you are why victims don't say anything. So congrats on dying on the hill of regressing social norms.

Oct 27, 2017
How people can make posts like this seriously in a world where Bernie voters converted to Clinton then Clinton at a higher rate then voters did to Obama blows my mind.

It's focusing so much on the fact that people have disdain for the democratic establishment and focusing so little on even considering taking the reasons for that seriously
And yet many didn't. And they let you know they didn't. I didn't say the majority. They're a niche. Just like the liberals who won't vote for Joe and then will tell you they're not voting for Joe will be just a niche. A loud, annoying niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.