• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A former SyFy TV series, Scare Tactics, is currently streaming seasons 4 and 5 fully uncensored on Netflix, Netflix obtained exclusive rights to new episodes of Scare Tactics from executive producer and show creator Scott Hallock because Hallock himself exclusively owns all rights to the series, not SyFy.

Netflix page for Scare Tactics: https://www.netflix.com/title/70157266

According to this interview with Hallock, Netflix is actually interested in greenlighting new episodes of Scare Tactics and they are airing the episodes they have fully uncensored:

What's uncensored about Scare Tactics on Netflix?
Netflix will be airing "our two most recent seasons unbleeped and unblurred," Hallock said. Seasons four and five will be streaming.

"Fans are going to get see the shows the way we see it in the edit bays before we have to censor it. The phrases you'll hear most often, I think, are Holy shit! and What the fuck is that?"

You may have seen the censored version on TV recently, even though Syfy hasn't aired it since 2016. That's because MTV2 has the linear TV rights for the United States and Canada, and will keep airing repeats. Now, "Netflix has the rights to air about half of the library" internationally, Hallock said.

According to Hallock, there are people standing by for new episodes of Scare Tactics:

Hallock sold the show to Netflix, along with his representatives at APA, the talent agency, "because I own the rights exclusively," he told me. That's rare in television, since networks tend to retain ownership of seasons and even the format and name. (That's why, when Syfy killed Face Off, another network couldn't just pick it up.)

"We really wanted to be smart about how we exploited the rights," Hallock said, and their deal means that Netflix has the "first look rights to new episodes, spin-offs, movie projects—anything and everything."

While Netflix is "very interested in new episodes, they wanted to dip their toe in the water first," he said.

So they're streaming two seasons to "see how our fans and maybe a new audience responds," Hallock added. "There's a whole new generation out there that maybe isn't aware of Scare Tactics."

In other words, if the show does well, Netflix will probably order new seasons.

"We've got the creative standing by for new episodes," Hallock said. If that happens, "the goal for Scare Tactics is to get people to believe the unbelievable, and do bigger and better storytelling."

Hallock wants to "really embrace this idea of bigger, better stories, and the kinds of things we get people to believe. It takes a lot of innovation and storytelling to believe that there's a monster nearby."

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved watching Scare Tactics with my dad. I'm about it. Gotta bring Tracy Morgan back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope enough people watch Scare Tactics on Netflix so new episodes are indeed greenlit. I did love watching Scare Tactics when it was on TV.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I was always shocked in the Scare Tactics episodes I watched that no one grabs a weapon in their fear and starts going after the scary thing. Maybe I just didn't catch the right episodes but I'd think someone would at least start throwing shit or something

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Burning through this and I forgot how much I love this. Shit is so so good!

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was always shocked in the Scare Tactics episodes I watched that no one grabs a weapon in their fear and starts going after the scary thing. Maybe I just didn't catch the right episodes but I'd think someone would at least start throwing shit or something

Ep 1 or 2 the dude punched the Alien in the face. LOL

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I literally just binged the entire series last month, and now I have to watch season 4 and 5 again just so netflix sees I want more :(

Everybody, just watch the show. If you're on the edge just give an episode a shot. Tracy Morgan makes me angry every time and if he does the same to you, you just need to work past him and it's worth it I promise.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the Netflix episodes yet, but do they include the barber episode? It's an episode where the barber is an escaped convict or criminal of some kind and the actor whose hair he's cutting recognizes him. The barber then slits the guys throat in front of the guy being pranked. It's one of the funniest scenes because the guy getting pranked is absolutely fucking terrified and starts crying, but when they tell him it's a prank he tries to play it off as him just trying to find a way to get out of the situation. For whatever reason it seemed like Syfy never reaired that episode and they also never uploaded it to the official Youtube channel when they had a ton of scenes up.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
There was an episode where a creepy guy revealed in a car that he had a severed head in a bag and one of the dudes in the backseat ended up punching the fuck out of him a few times.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish Netflix had all of the seasons of Hall's Kitchen uncensored. Subscribed to the HK youtube just to get uncensored clips and they're amazing.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Big Foot broke into that house and that one woman's soul basically flew out of her body?

Not a big fan of pranks these days for a couple of different reasons but man this show was something.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I love this show! Will definitely watch. I remember an episode where a woman was in an trailer and a monster broke in and dragged someone out. She almost passed out lol.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
My sisters and I used to love this show. She's on maternity leave and her husband on paternity leave. I could see them watching a lot of this.

I love the one guy who tried to kick though a wall to escape.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the show with the kid from Stranger Things?

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched like 6 episodes. Im amazed at how most people are ready to just curl up and die/be murdered.

I think like 1 person half heartedly tried to fight back. Like 1 tried to run. Most just stand there like deer in the headlights.

The best were the people (2 so far) that offered to help the killers in exchange for their freedom.

The "real person" comes out in these situations. Its really interesting.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I was so excited to show my gf and we watched one episode and the girl being pranked was so obviously phony we couldnt watch anymore. Its a damn shame because i used to love this show and the first couple of seasons were ace

McPaul

Banned
May 6, 2019
Is the show real or fake?
EDIT: Just watched a bit.It's definitely fake.

Last edited: