• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We get to see Nathan Drake's balls wobble around now.
*throws money at screen*

In all seriousness, though, it will be interesting to see where they take the franchise. Doubt they'll make Cassie the protagonist cause that'd kind of make it a semi-sci-fi game (considering it'd be set like 10 years or so in the future, depending on how long they take to make the game). I wouldn't mind them sticking with Chloe, though I honestly didn't like how much they seem to have retconned her backstory in Lost Legacy. A game about young Sully set back in the 60s or 70s (not sure how old he is exactly) could be fun, as well, but I doubt they'd go for it. The one thing I wouldn't want them to do is make Sam the new protagonist. I simply can't stand him.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I'll take it.

Whether it's a prequel, spin-off or straight up sequel to Uncharted 4 I don't care, just please don't be open world whatever it is.

I'd play the shit out of an open world Uncharted with drivable vehicles, open world co-op and a open world battle royale.

Madagascar open world have us a small glimpse and it was

kDmpky1.gif

Deleted member 33597

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I like how everyone's going "yeah more Uncharted" when we can basically rule that out as a possibility based on those hires

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
A quick run down on who we know they have hired so far:

David Hall

1zvd1l.png

John Bautista

xknlvl.png

Quentin Cobb

qc6ncvx.png

Seems to suggest they are working on a multiplayer game, which makes sense as Sony have stated they are lacking in terms of MP titles.
WAIT BAUTISTA AND HALL?!

Naughty Dog making a fighting game???? Cause that's prime fighting game talent right there

My dream of PS All Stars in the form of a hero shooter (like Overwatch) is coming true brehs!

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am a bit confused, with what studio? If it is not Naughty Dog?

This individual joined "Sony Interactive Entertainment" but went from Naughty Dog and Rockstar to a general SIE

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I am a bit confused, with what studio? If it is not Naughty Dog?

This individual joined "Sony Interactive Entertainment" but went from Naughty Dog and Rockstar to a general SIE

There is a new Sony studio in San Diego, but it has not been officially unveiled yet. So people cannot talk anything about it, neither the name nor the game they're working on.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all expecting Uncharted will be crying tears of joy when you discover it's actually PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal 2: this time we hired a graphic designer!

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a new Sony studio in San Diego, but it has not been officially unveiled yet. So people cannot talk anything about it, neither the name nor the game they're working on.
I get the secrecy of the game but why not even reveal the name of the studio? What's there to spoil from the name of a new and obviously unknown studio?

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Unnamed game, from an unnamed studio for an unnamed console.

Sony finally found a way to prevent all the leaks.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
If it is Uncharted, god I can't even imagine how it would look on PS5.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I'm perfectly ok with more Uncharted, just don't want it taking up ND's time when they could be making a new IP.

It's smart to invest in your popular IPs and Sony would be foolish to just let Uncharted die. As long as ND's story (Nathan Drake and Naughty Dog) with it is over.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
You can't rule out anything. Their resumes looks pretty varied, and you hire talented video game people to make video games.
Sure but at the same time, they're meant to be collaborating with one of Sony's studios on their first project and when they're hiring people who all have recent history with multiplayer games then that's a much better indication of what they're doing than "they must be working on Uncharted cause Naughty Dog doesn't want to make it anymore."

Anyway, my bet is they're working on TLOU2 multiplayer with Naughty Dog. The original TLOU had some absolutely amazing MP but Naughty Dog have always had a problem of supporting their MP for a year and then moving on, so it makes sense to give it to another studio to keep going.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Sure but at the same time, they're meant to be collaborating with one of Sony's studios on their first project and when they're hiring people who all have recent history with multiplayer games then that's a much better indication of what they're doing than "they must be working on Uncharted cause Naughty Dog doesn't want to make it anymore."

Anyway, my bet is they're working on TLOU2 multiplayer with Naughty Dog. The original TLOU had some absolutely amazing MP but Naughty Dog have always had a problem of supporting their MP for a year and then moving on, so it makes sense to give it to another studio to keep going.
They're in San Diego. So I'm calling it, they're collaborating with San Diego Studio on either a new NFL Gameday(when EA's contract expires) or Modnation.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I get the secrecy of the game but why not even reveal the name of the studio? What's there to spoil from the name of a new and obviously unknown studio?
Sony doesn't need the hype of announcing a new studio, they'll just do that when actually revealing the game itself. Also, for all we know the name could be related directly to the game their making. If the speculation is correct and they are indeed developing Uncharted 5 they could have named the studio after something from the Uncharted universe.
Wait, Sony have a new game studio?

Any details of it?
Based in San Diego, and based on job listings they might be working on a 3rd person action/adventure game (they were hiring a gameplay engineer with "a penchant for high quality 3rd person action/adventures games"). The game will also be developed in collaberation with a major Sony 1st party studio. They also have a clear vision and plan to release, so it sounds like they've known from the start exactly what they're making.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sony doesn't need the hype of announcing a new studio, they'll just do that when actually revealing the game itself. Also, for all we know the name could be related directly to the game their making. If the speculation is correct and they are indeed developing Uncharted 5 they could have named the studio after something from the Uncharted universe.

Based in San Diego, and based on job listings they might be working on a 3rd person action/adventure game (they were hiring a gameplay engineer with "a penchant for high quality 3rd person action/adventures games"). The game will also be developed in collaberation with a major Sony 1st party studio. They also have a clear vision and plan to release, so it sounds like they've known from the start exactly what they're making.
Ooooooo very nice!

Ps5 title! :p

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
Is this news really thread worthy?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Don't bump old threads if there's not a good reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.