• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Former MLP:FiM convention BronyCon announced their support for Black Lives Matter and announced that they donated through their organizing corporation Lunar Solis Corp., $10,000 to Black Lives Matter D.C:

Text of this Facebook post for anyone who can't access Facebook:

We are collectively experiencing a dark and mournful moment in our country's history. The murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and so many others have left us angry, fearful, and heartbroken. It is painfully clear what challenges people of color in the United States face as their basic human rights are ignored.

Ours is a community made up of all walks of life. It is one that is made better and richer for it every day. Racism and hate for others has no home here, and has no home in our country. Black lives matter. They matter to us, and they should matter to you as well.

We stand with those protesting, and we stand with Black Lives Matter. Lunar Solis has made a $10,000 donation to our local chapter, Black Lives Matter DC. We encourage everyone to show their support however they are able, whether that's with time, money, or energy.

Be safe, and be good to each other.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Driving a derail in a sensitive thread
This will annoy the (shockingly large number of) conservative bronies.
CJ4Xl7d.png

Last edited:

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
Where did they get $10K from? The con ended. They really had 10K in their accounts?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking MLP donations, then I'm actually running a donation event right now!

For every LGBT positive fanfic, I'm donating $20 to a charity of the writer's choice, and someone else is also donating $20 to the Transgender Law Center. I've gotten five fics since I announced this on Monday, with many more saying they're going to participate.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
You guys really want to use a donation thread to shit on the most extreme people from a fandom? from 2013 no less.
Some people still have weird hang ups about the show. I saw a post here not too long ago that said they won't trust someone who watches MLP. It's just a harmless kids show with adult appeal, it's no different than watching Winnie the Pooh or Peanuts but because the original was vapid girly girl nonsense, people just can't see it as anything other than that.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
If we're talking MLP donations, then I'm actually running a donation event right now!

For every LGBT positive fanfic, I'm donating $20 to a charity of the writer's choice, and someone else is also donating $20 to the Transgender Law Center. I've gotten five fics since I announced this on Monday, with many more saying they're going to participate.
Link isn't working. Getting a 500 error. Possibly interested in participating though.

Nov 3, 2017
The Brony fandom was always big about helping people out, running many successful charities.

Even people shitting up threads like these with the usual "lol ponies" stuff never stopped them. Admirable.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
good stuff

also, guess who still likes the show MLP:FIM?

*points tiny thumbs at self*

this guy

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I watched MLP:FiM, I could tell immediately why it had such a broad highly diverse appeal. Despite it originally being specifically for girls, I liked how it was a show that was always about how kindness and acceptance is a highly good trait to have.

I first attended BronyCon when it moved to Baltimore and liked how diverse and inclusive the BronyCon community was so I continued attending BronyCon until the final one last year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The BronyCon community was highly charitable, here's the amounts that were specifically raised by BronyCon for charity:

Lunar Solis Foundation

Lunar Solis is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of pop culture by supporting organizations, initiatives, and events that create inclusive, safe, and welcoming environments for fans to come together and rejoice in their shared interests.

Primarily based out of Baltimore, Lunar Solis's main production until 2019 was BronyCon, a four-day event celebrating the pop culture phenomenon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

From 2013-2019, we worked with Baltimore charities to raise money for them and advance their missions. Through our charity auction, programs with local businesses, donation-based activites, and more, our attendees have risen to the cause and helped us raise a tremendous amount of money and support for these organizations. In our final year, we raised $100,000 for CureSearch thanks to the incredible generosity of our attendees and local businesses.

Charitable donations:
  • ~$100,000 in 2019
  • ~$32,000 in 2018
  • ~$34,000 in 2017
  • ~$28,000 in 2016
  • ~$30,000 in 2015
  • ~$27,000 in 2014
  • ~$27,000 in 2013
  • ~$9,000 in 2012

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
You guys really want to use a donation thread to shit on the most extreme people from a fandom? from 2013 no less.

Sorry, wasn't trying to shit on Bronies on my end (I've watched through season 3 myself and enjoyed it for the most part). For me with that comic strip, the cognitive dissonance of being conservative while also enjoying a show with the values of MLP is just too much for me.