• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
She went full racist.

www.independent.co.uk

Former Miss Universe Malaysia says black Americans should ‘relax’ as they ‘chose to be born coloured’

‘I don’t live in America and it has nothing to do with me, but to me, it seems like the ‘whites’ won,’ says Samantha Katie James

A former Miss Universe Malaysia has been criticised after she posted a series of offensive comments about the Black Lives Matter protests taking place across the US.

Samantha Katie James, 25, used her Instagram account to post several stories commenting on African Americans who have been demonstrating against police brutality and racism in the US for six days straight.

She told over 160,000 followers that the protests were proof that "the whites [have] won" and called protesters who are angry about the killing of George Floyd "foolish humans".

"I don't live in America and it has nothing to do with me, but to me, it seems like the 'whites' won," she wrote in her first post.

"If you're angry, you response in rage and anguish and that means it has power over you. They have power over you."

The Malaysian-Chinese-Brazilian beauty queen continued: "To the black people: Relax, take it as a challenge, makes you stronger.

"You chose to be born as a 'coloured' person in America for a reason. To learn a certain lesson.

"Accept it as it is, till now hunger and poverty still exists. It is what it is. It's inevitable. Best you can do is remain calm, protect heart, don't allow it to crumble.

"That's your responsibility," she added.

In another post, she answered a follower who asked what she meant by "chose to be born 'coloured'" and said: "Like our souls. Chose this life, this country, this race, this human form, specifically… I always wonder why I'm born in Malaysia, as a white girl, with Chinese mom and Indian grandparents and Brazilian dad.

"But I chose this all for a reason, as a soul."

EZbu3hHXQAAe8Ew

EZbtcSHWkAEI4uP

EZbtcZHXQAUScqX

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
That makes about as much sense as the recent Jackie Chan interview where he started talking about too much freedom is causing all the problem in Hong Kong, Taiwan and USA.

Which...has nothing to do with Freedom.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Why even signal boost post this, it's completely disgusting. I would have loved to have never known that garbage person existed.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's like it's a layer cake of being completely fucking wrong. The OP title was blatantly wrong, and then I read this whooooooooole thing and it's just wrong, after wrong, after wrong, after wrong. And done with so much confidence.

Absolutely incomprehensible. How can you be this stupid.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
In another post, she answered a follower who asked what she meant by "chose to be born 'coloured'" and said: "Like our souls. Chose this life, this country, this race, this human form, specifically… I always wonder why I'm born in Malaysia, as a white girl, with Chinese mom and Indian grandparents and Brazilian dad.
My eyes are melting...

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Omg. Malaysian here. I'm so embarrassed the the only time my country gets mentioned on my go-to forum is this shit.. she got cancelled to hell and back overnight. But ironically her followers went up. Go figure.

On behalf of all Malaysians, we're sorry. Not all of us are this stupid.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, there are absolutely abhorrent people out there, but we really don't need a thread for every racist coming out of the woodwork.

There's nothing really to discuss here. There's nothing to debate. Beliefs like the above are incredibly hurtful and damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.