• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Literally LOL'd at this! You're flying on another person! I will keep my eye out for this one. If nothing else it looks unique for the genre.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
The developer is called illuCalab, co-developer of Mario Kart: Double Dash!

Misleading information OP. The article doesn't state Illucalab was a co-developer, but rather there might be some ex-Mario Kart staff working at the developer. It doesn't seem like the developer even existed when Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was released.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
This is not at all what I expected to see when I clicked on this thread.

It looks fun in a weird way...?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks really goofy and fun. But my eyebrow goes up any time a game has only young anime girls. A bit more diversity would have been welcome (and less creepy)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It gives me Double Dash vibes but with taking the word bodysurfing to new extremes....amazing

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man...GenSOKYO drift really is a much better name isnt it.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what you call this, the constant upskirts shots with little girls is pedo bait.
Constant...upskirts?

Also as with most Touhou fangames, they tend to look spartan at times, but I guess there are some notable exceptions (like aforementioned Touhou Luna Nights).

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
Touhou's character are 90% girls, not much you can do without radically changing the characters
to be more precise, for the benefit of people that know nothing of touhou:
there are three named male characters that have appeared on-screen for more than like two seconds
one is a stand, and another is a turtle (who's been gone since the reboot in 2002)

also the characters in official games are never sexualized in any way. no upskirts, no titties, nothing. afaik there's nothing dubious in the manga either, although i don't know those exhaustively so i can't speak authoritatively

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care what you call this, the constant upskirts shots with little girls is pedo bait.
I don't know what that says about you if that is what you saw in the trailer.

With this and Kartrider we are transitioning into an interesting era of new ip kart racers.
Kartrider isn't a new IP.
I mean I didn't know about it before, that's why I was so weirded out by the fact of them calling it classic or iconic in the Microsoft presentation.
But it's apparently been around for years.
In Korea atleast.

Looks fun atleast

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
to be more precise, for the benefit of people that know nothing of touhou:
there are three named male characters that have appeared on-screen for more than like two seconds
one is a stand, and another is a turtle (who's been gone since the reboot in 2002)

also the characters in official games are never sexualized in any way. no upskirts, no titties, nothing. afaik there's nothing dubious in the manga either, although i don't know those exhaustively so i can't speak authoritatively
You didn't mention Rinnosuke! He's pretty involved in the story and some characters (Marisa specifically). Yeah, they're never sexualized. ZUN avoids that shit. If I recall he was pretty upset how Byakuren's breast bounce animation in the fighting game.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what that says about you if that is what you saw in the trailer.

Kartrider isn't a new IP.
I mean I didn't know about it before, that's why I was so weirded out by the fact of them calling it classic or iconic in the Microsoft presentation.
But it's apparently been around for years.
In Korea atleast.

Looks fun atleast
Ok. That's interesting. I actually did like what I was seeing out of Kartrider. Since they are experienced I have higher expectations on their polish now.