• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Not alot of people are familiar with real gun sound, since it seem like movie and tv gun sound is not the same as real gun sound.

You can see and hear the two gun shot on yahoo news link, but it doesn sound like firework, not like the shotgun sound from movie, tv or game.
I can't see the shooter. Was he far away? With a short barreled shotgun it's amazing no one else got caught in the fire.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For new page
mslAtqX.png

Zephyrhills

Mar 6, 2022
Politics has always been nasty. Particularly in Latin America and other parts of the world with political or socio-economic instability. It's just permanently bleeding out in developed countries now.
Reagan was almost assassinated in the 80s and several congressmen were shot in the past decade. The US has never been really stable.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
NHK is reporting that it seemed like the first shot didn't go off. More evidence it's probably an amateur handmade gun.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Wait did I mishear or did they say that the shooter yelled something after he shot him.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
very crude. some pipes and electrical tape? the shots sounded like a shotgun, but the sound profile was... off as well.

you can see the grip in other photos. it looks like a legit grip, so the barrels might just have tape on them to disguise the fact that it's a homemade sawed-off.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you can see the grip in other photos. it looks like a legit grip, so the barrels might just have tape on them to disguise the fact that it's a homemade sawed-off.
the grip could be from an airsoft gun.
NHK has also said that the police said the weapon was homemade.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Thinking about that Lenin quote about how some decades nothing happens and then there are weeks where decades happen

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Some "war guys" on twitter I follow say it sound more like a musket. Like some dude made an old school gun that could have easily killed him also.
Yeah It looks to me like a makeshift gun, when I was younger we used to go black powder hunting (earlier season but can only use musket rifles) and it did very much have the sound of a musket rifle

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. If the shooter is part of any sort of minority group or political party they could suffer for this one guy's attack.
Alternately if it's someone within the party def a diff story. Like yeah one less facist in the world. But same time most of modern society typically will swing the way of them unless shit was visibly opressive and their party pretty much already have pretty much an iron fist in Japan. This is just crazy to see play out.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
As someone helping out with a minor party, this whole morning has been surreal. Basically everybody is holding their collective breaths now and campaigning has stopped altogether. This is a moment in history.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Alternately if it's someone within the party def a diff story. Like yeah one less facist in the world. But same time most of modern society typically will swing the way of them unless shit was visibly opressive and their party pretty much already have pretty much an iron fist in Japan. This is just crazy to see play out.

Kinda hoping we'll hear one way or another before soon. The motive kinda makes a big difference in terms of how all this plays out in the long run.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
And sawed off so has even more power. Pretty much just a formality here.

Trying to catch up quickly in this fast moving thread, but just to clarify, a sawed off shotgun has no more muzzle energy than a standard-length shotgun. It will just have a less accurate spread of pellets, and possible it will have even less muzzle energy as gunpowder typically continues to burn and create additional pressure down the length of a standard barrel creating higher energy levels.

In these latest clear pictures, it could even be a homemade blunderbuss type weapon that doesn't fire shotgun shells.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I was speaking mostly in terms of what I've observed here in the US. I admittedly don't know a whole lot about Japanese politics.
Yeah this guy is like a far right model and icon to some of the fascists and far right nationalists in the US.
When you have guys like Steve bannon saying this:
His aggressive nationalist policies as prime minister were criticized by opposing forces as "reactionary" or "fascist",[SUP]and he was evaluated by Steve Bannon as "Prime Minister Abe is a great hero to the grassroots, the populist, and the nationalist movement throughout the world".[/SUP]
yeah..
Trying to catch up quickly in this fast moving thread, but just to clarify, a sawed off shotgun has no more muzzle energy than a standard-length shotgun. It will just have a less accurate spread of pellets, and possible it will have even less muzzle energy as gunpowder typically continues to burn and create additional pressure down the length of a standard barrel creating higher energy levels.

In these latest clear pictures, it could even be a homemade blunderbuss type weapon that doesn't fire shotgun shells.
Ah gotcha.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I live in the Philippines. Japan occupied us during WWII. They killed civilians and raped women.

Fuck Abe and his WWII denials.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese TV confirmed he used to be a member of the JDF Navy.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking through the Shinzo Abe trend on Twitter, I see a bunch of dudes with 8 year old anime girls or Eren from Attack on Titan as their profile picture saying "PRAYERS FOR ABE".
Yeah, that tracks.
Yeah this guy is like a far right model and icon to some of the fascists and far right nationalists in the US.
When you have guys like Steve bannon saying this:
Yeah, I have some friends who live in or have lived in Japan saying he's (or was...) an extreme right fascist.