• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
I want to believe so bad, but I'm leaning on fake. Guy is probably trying to sell a book and even though the article mentions a brief explanation for Trump not blurting things out, it's unlikely he wouldn't have blurted things out immediately.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
This is why Trump created the Space Force.

I'm not even joking.
full
full
full

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
This better not be true,
I know it isn't
, because if there is truly FTL travel and I am stuck on this shitball I will be pissed.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I'd find more disturbing, the fact that he genuinely believes this drivel or that he's just propagating nonsense for some reason.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
We know for a fact that this isn't true because dipshit Trump would have talked about it in public the second they told him.

Government has been doing it for how long now.

They aren't suppose to be playing politics shoot it down or let the truth out no matter how strange it is.

Worlds powers won't and can't answer this question it would be akin to one god ever being real and showing up here.

This better not be true,
I know it isn't
, because if there is truly FTL travel and I am stuck on this shitball I will be pissed.

a5554f1f83e0da670fb2d842f0cc4252.jpg

imagine all the armed nutjobs tomorrow having weapons based on that tech or something from it.

Sadly most of us aren't ready.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
I would be more curious than scared, but scared too because I don't understand them. I'm actually TERRIFIED of how humanity would react and that's a damn shame.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't be nasty arthropods, please don't be nasty arthropods, please don't be nasty arthropods.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would be more curious than scared, but scared too because I don't understand them. I'm actually TERRIFIED of how humanity would react and that's a damn shame.
Not gonna lie, aliens that look at all the countries in the world and decide they are only going to talk with the US and Israel would have kinda scare me.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
My main interest in aliens, if they did exist, would be to negotiate with them to help us fix climate change. I am 100% serious about this. Given the current geopolitical situation, a higher civilization bailing us out is our best way out of this mess.

Not that I believe this guy.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, aliens that look at all the countries in the world and decide they are only going to talk with the US and Israel would have kinda scare me.
I said something to that degree earlier in the thread. That more than anything makes this claim ridiculous and why I know this guy is full of shit.

People insert their own bias and beliefs into this stuff.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
This cooperation includes a secret underground base on Mars, where there are American and alien representatives.

So... at what point in the 50+ years of NASA's history did they manage to create a rocket capable of launching humans to Mars, keep it totally hidden and under wraps, and somehow have regular launches without anyone knowing? For the record, it would require something larger then the Saturn V:

Ap10-KSC-69PC-110.jpg.optimal.jpg

If you're going to make up some claims about alien contact for a book, you could at least keep it realistic. These claims are more fanciful then NASA faking the moon landing.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Supposing it's true, it would be yet another instance where reality mirrors fiction. A Galactic Federation actually existing.

Anyone know where I can obtain his book? I'm quite fascinated to read more about what else he'll say.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Only the US though? Not Russia and China? If the US was going in with another country, it'd be the rest of the Five Eyes network, not Israel.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
So... at what point in the 50+ years of NASA's history did they manage to create a rocket capable of launching humans to Mars, keep it totally hidden and under wraps, and somehow have regular launches without anyone knowing? For the record, it would require something larger then the Saturn V:

If you're going to make up some claims about alien contact for a book, you could at least keep it realistic. These claims are more fanciful then NASA faking the moon landing.
I imagine we take an alien shuttle and not our own rockets.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Would there really be mass hysteria if aliens (assuming they are friendly) were to be confirmed? I guess the conspiracy filled folks we have in this world would go even more wild, but idk about the larger effects.
Depends. I've been reading up on the topic recently and according to military reports, UFOs show up around nuclear sites, temporarily disarm nukes and leave with the army being unable to do anything about it. The alleged craft run rings around the most advanced fighter jets. Even if they are benevolent, more than a few people will be extremely uncomfortable with the idea that an off-world intelligence has humanity under its thumb. That's without even getting into the reactions of certain religious groups.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends. I've been reading up on the topic recently and according to military reports, UFOs show up around nuclear sites, temporarily disarm nukes and leave with the army being unable to do anything about it. The alleged craft run rings around the most advanced fighter jets. Even if they are benevolent, more than a few people will be extremely uncomfortable with the idea that an off-world intelligence has humanity under its thumb. That's without even getting into the reactions of certain religious groups.
What?

Oct 26, 2017

Sea dragon was designed, but never built. A few of those could get enough crap in orbit to get something to mars

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017

This is bait and I can't stop.

I don't think stanley kubrick would agree with you.

If you don't get the wink just look it up.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is pretty similar to the stuff that Paul Hyller from the Canadian government said years ago. There is no way the intelligence community would let Trump know of something so sensitive. We would've all found out on Twitter as soon as Trump knew.

They can't let Trump about it because it's actually bullshit anyway.

lol

Nov 2, 2019
*checks my 2020 bingo card*

OH SHIT, impeachment, deadly pandemic, murder hornets, Cleveland Browns with a winning record, and now alien Galactic Federation gives me a B-I-N-G-O!!!!

What do I win?!?!

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Sea dragon was designed, but never built. A few of those could get enough crap in orbit to get something to mars

That's exactly what I mean. Try hiding a Sea Dragon launch. Also the project never got further then being a paper rocket and it's questionable whether it would have worked anyway with such a massive rocket engine.