• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that Andre still hasn't said anything.
youtu.be

Deep Dive - Bowser's Fury Gameplay Trailer Analysis (Super Mario 3D World)

Nintendo has finally revealed what to expect from the new Bowser's Fury mode in the Switch port of Super Mario 3D World and it looks amazing! But what is the...

Seeing this pop on my timeline made me laugh
The main thing I knew I was gonna miss when unsubscribing from GX was analysis videos. Guess that won't be an issue.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
the Deep Dive series is a great continuation of the analysis videos Derrick used to do on GX

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Feeling bad for the new staff who just happened to have all this blow up on them, they're the ones having to read all the nasty comments meant for Andre I bet.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
youtu.be

Deep Dive - Bowser's Fury Gameplay Trailer Analysis (Super Mario 3D World)

Nintendo has finally revealed what to expect from the new Bowser's Fury mode in the Switch port of Super Mario 3D World and it looks amazing! But what is the...

Seeing this pop on my timeline made me laugh

I'll say that Good Vibes needs more short content like this. I like discussions about 4-5 hour+ long episodes a week is a bit much. I don't think a lot of people, myself included, have the time to listen to full episodes and because each episode is a daily news show, they kinda become obsolete real quick so there's no point in going back to listen to old episodes.

I think more, shorter content would go a good way in helping people check out the channel.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
GVG has averaged nearly 2k new subs a day with 14k+ daily video views (where in recent week(s) prior it was between 3-5k with a high of 9k) since this news broke out over the weekend, according to Social Blade.

Happy for the GVG crew about their new influx of viewership to their channel.

Last edited:

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, GVG deserves all the attention they're getting now, from someone being cancelled or not, their content is good and should have more views.

Kanjiology

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
Obviously they couldn't have a good bye podcast episode like Jon did but a video sending them off the with a link to their new channel would have been nice, they're getting the attention now either way I guess.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking at the comments on the most recent video and they honestly come across as mocking Tris rather than critiquing GX, even if the latter is the intent. It's all jokes about Tris saving up to try and buy 3D World. Wish people would recognize the effect this might have on Tris, and tailor their critique to specifically criticize Andre, instead of just cracking jokes at Tris' expense.

Rocketjay

Apr 30, 2018
I can't believe that they were making less money than when I did chores around the house when I was a kid.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the former Gamexplain staff wanting to just put it past them but it is imperative that in spite of their wishes we push for Andre to be accountable. Otherwise we just feed into the cycle of abuse, white supremacy, etc. It is not a good look that a white dude gets filthy rich off the backs of a bunch of others doing the bulk of the work and earning wages that don't even scrape the surface of covering the bills. And just because that's been the status quo for so long does not mean it needs to continue. Calling for action, accountability, and change is the only thing that will encourage progress.

(Not saying you specifically are saying we should remain quiet, of course!)
Just want to acknowledge that I do think you're right here. I think it would be great if everything works out and everyone can just move on and be successful as the Good Vibes Gaming folks have said, but that doesn't happen by allowing Andre to continue. He's the sole cause of the issues to begin with and so he's the one in the best position to make things play out that way. I don't know if he'll do it, I don't know if he can do it, but at the very minimum he has to show a real effort to fix the problems he caused and ensure that they aren't going to continue before we can say that they're really solved.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I'm looking at the comments on the most recent video and they honestly come across as mocking Tris rather than critiquing GX, even if the latter is the intent. It's all jokes about Tris saving up to try and buy 3D World. Wish people would recognize the effect this might have on Tris, and tailor their critique to specifically criticize Andre, instead of just cracking jokes at Tris' expense.
Shows how much of a coward Andre is when he's letting Tris take the heat instead of making his own statement.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
Shows how much of a coward Andre is when he's letting Tris take the heat instead of making his own statement.
Yes, but also people shouldn't be doing it. Like it's a given so that's why Andre deserves the blame, but those comments can just wrongly impact the mental health of Tris who seems to be a genuinely decent person.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Yes, but also people shouldn't be doing it. Like it's a given so that's why Andre deserves the blame, but those comments can just wrongly impact the mental health of Tris who seems to be a genuinely decent person.
This.

GX and GVG alike are both flooded with comments bashing Andre or making fun of low little the team was paid. That can't feel good for Tris, who was already getting lots of shitty YouTube comments about their gender from transphobe trolls- now this?

And the comments people are leaving on GVG bragging about unfollowing GX, making fun of how little the current GX crew makes, calling out Andre. This is exactly what Steve, Ash and Derrick asked people not to do.

These behaviors aren't holding Andre accountable, they're simply making the situation worse for GVG and the full team at GX.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is all Andres fault and trying to hold single outlier comments accountable seems unrealistic - we can't really control these and I doubt they are from ERA users. Most of the audience and people on this thread know how to respond and that the remaining staff isn't at fault.

Seems like Andre hasn't learned alot from the past situation if he is willing to sacrifice his new staff again save his face.

He was out there deleting reddit comments from all we know, wouldn't be too farfetched to think he is under some these YT comments as well under a different name.

Well regardless of it ....I get where you are coming from but it's also frustrating be wise this way of thinking is probably what Andre is hoping for, so that people back off of him and or GX. It's really messed up. Shielding himself with employees that have nothing to do with the situation.

JasonBall34

Nov 15, 2020
I like to think that Tris and the rest of the new crew are smart enough to know that the negative comments on their videos the past couple days have not been hate directed at them personally, but rather Andre.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
This is all Andres fault and trying to hold single outlier comments accountable seems unrealistic - we can't really control these and I doubt they are from ERA users. Most of the audience and people on this thread know how to respond and that the remaining staff isn't at fault.

Seems like Andre hasn't learned alot from the past situation if he is willing to sacrifice his new staff again save his face.

He was out there deleting reddit comments from all we know, wouldn't be too farfetched to think he is under some these YT comments as well under a different name.

Well regardless of it ....I get where you are coming from but it's also frustrating be wise this way of thinking is probably what Andre is hoping for, so that people back off of him and or GX. It's really messed up. Shielding himself with employees that have nothing to do with the situation.
I'm very aware, that is why earlier I said that the longer this goes it is likely he will go the route of labeling himself as the victim. His options have expanded since the incident gained traction believe it or not.

CrimsonDawn

May 29, 2018
The longer we wait the more I think Andre might just not address this at all. With GX still uploading videos, is it naive to think he would've at least put up something saying he's preparing a response and will post it when he's ready? Or with everything that's come out, is that too much to ask of him?

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
The longer we wait the more I think Andre might just not address this at all. With GX still uploading videos, is it naive to think he would've at least put up something saying he's preparing a response and will post it when he's ready? Or with everything that's come out, is that too much to ask of him?
If he doesn't address it, it'll never go away. Nor should it. People should keep the heat on him until he says something about it. Ignoring it is cowardly.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Why bother saying anything when he can keep profiting off other people's work without having to do anything.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (permanent): History of serious infractions for defending racism
Cancel culture has finally made it's way to Andre. Can't help but see the irony. I've found that cancel culture typically comes back to haunt those that inflict it on others.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cancel culture has finally made it's way to Andre. Can't help but see the irony. I've found that cancel culture typically comes back to haunt those that inflict it on others.
People deciding to not watch someone because of there business practice isn't canceling them. Others will still watch him. Life will go on.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This thread introduced me to GVG and Nintendo Life, so at least something good came out of this. The switch away from GameXplain is going to be easier than I thought.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Andre can still correct this. People are giving him every opportunity to do the right thing.

He can issue an apology, vow to do better, and give the former staff a lump-sum payment or ongoing payments to help make them whole, while being transparent about the current staff and vowing to compensate them fairly, now and in the future. It would seem Andre could easily afford this.

If he wishes to ignore the situation, you can't really blame people for not supporting him. People just want to see some human dignity afforded to the underpaid and under-credited staff who built his enterprise in the first place.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
i'm already seeing replies to some of the comments on YouTube along the lines of "ugh nobody cares" to some of the genuinue comments trying to raise awareness, ie "address the allegations." They aren't even responding to the mean ones like "you can get the same wage at mcdonald's, tris". It's genuinuely disgusting that people want to wave off this type of bullshit from Andre just because GameXplain was their favorite news channel.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
UniformHardtofindDrongo-small.gif

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Jesus at that take

Anyway I hope this continues to get support and Andre keeps getting heat. Besides all the stuff from the gvg gang, him trying to hide during all this while metaphorically throwing his new employees to the wolves doesn't give me hope that he suddenly decided to be decent in the past four or so months.

Tris, Chris, and any other of the new hires deserve better. Everyone who supported GameXplain deserve a response. And all those who left deserve an apology.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't really want the heat to keep up. The GVG guys and Jon are in a better place, the new guys know the situation they are in and can have a better chance to evaluate it than the old crew did, and at this point the damage has been done to anyone paying attention who would care. Andre definitely comes off as a greedy jerk, and I'm not defending him, but being an asshole boss isn't worth me obsessing over, and I don't really need GX for content anymore, so I'm happy to just move on.