• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
America has been jury, judge and executioner for the rest of the world for a while now.

As an european, I'm glad to see the EU is gowing and starting to become less reliant on America.
Hopefully there will come a time when America's soft power and influence will decrease. But until then, they'll continue to have the ability to dictate what companies succeed or fail, based on political interests.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Reading what happened. The charges weren't shady. They were legit the only problem was GE jumping in to take the company but they were both super rivals so it made sense for them to take advantage. No one is jumping to take HUAWEI everyone just wants them dead.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Also HUAWEI doesnt have a leg to stand on because they blatantly used the chinese government to fuck over nortell to aquire them and get all their tech to getva leg up on everyone else.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
US is desperately trying to keep their technological and economical advantage.

What i do find interesting is that many so called leftists on ERA jump onto the nationalist train.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
Also HUAWEI doesnt have a leg to stand on because they blatantly used the chinese government to fuck over nortell to aquire them and get all their tech to getva leg up on everyone else.
Mate, while you're not wrong, you're ignoring the fact that no tech company has any leg to stand on.

If this was the criteria by which the US fucked Huawei, then the US government should've fuck all American tech companies long time ago too. Let's not go into Facebook and all the tech giants, telecom or not and how they abuse the people's privacy.......

This was political and it's a case of a superpower crippling a rival power's company cuz they can.
Nobody's trying to defend Huawei. The point is about a superpower having too much power. And it seems that you are very conveniently missing the point.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever thinks the US is going to let China become the dominant force is kidding themselves. Theyll do whatever it takes to stay number one and their companies having a lead in every field ww.

Curious to see how that Airbus / Boing beef is going to end up. Or Trump's "European cars are a national security threat" crap.

Last edited:

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Relevant information about the guy saying this:

According to the charging documents in this case, from 2002 to 2009, Pierucci and Rothschild, together with others, paid bribes to officials in Indonesia, including a member of Indonesian Parliament and high-ranking members of Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN), the state-owned and state-controlled electricity company in Indonesia, in exchange for those officials' assistance in securing a contract for the company to provide power-related services for the citizens of Indonesia, known as the Tarahan project. The Tarahan Project was valued at roughly $118 million. In order to conceal the bribes, the defendants retained two consultants purportedly to provide legitimate consulting services on behalf of the power company and its subsidiaries in connection with the Tarahan project. In reality, however, the primary purpose for hiring the consultants was allegedly to use the consultants to pay bribes to Indonesian officials.

On Novemeber 27, 2012, the DOJ filed an indictment against Frederic Pierucci, charging him with conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions, violating the anti-bribery provisions, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and violating the money laundering provisions of the FCPA. On April 30, 2013, the DOJ filed a superseding indictment against Frederic Pierucci and William Pomponi, charging them with conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions, violating the anti-bribery provisions, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and violating the money laundering provisions of the FCPA. On July 29, 2013, Frederic Pierucci pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions, and one count of violating the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA. On October 6, 2017, the court entered judgment against Pierucci and sentenced him to 30 months in prison to be followed by one year of supervised release. The court also ordered Pierucci to pay a fine of $20,000 plus a mandatory special assessment of $200.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Accusations of Astroturfing Over Multiple Threads; Accumulated Infractions
Lol at comparing Alstom to Huawei. Although I guess they're both corrupt as fuck, so it makes sense. The PRC astroturfers will claim this supports their side though.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Isn't a common Knowledge that big companies of this side and trade pay brides? It's the nature of this kind of contract.

I think as long they don't personally benefit most of nations close a eye.

My guess Alstom won a contract that an American company was not able to outbribe and they decided to cry mommy.

Exit.

Found this

Last edited:

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
Lol at comparing Alstom to Huawei. Although I guess they're both corrupt as fuck, so it makes sense. The PRC astroturfers will claim this supports their side though.
Right, cuz American companies are not corrupt.

You're another one who's missing the point. This isn't about China(though it's convenient for you to frame it like that, and make America look like the good guys), it's about America having too much power and using it in a way that pushes its own political agenda and protects its own companies on a global stage.

But I guess you're one of those MAGA type dudes. Nationalistic and blind to the obvious truth that your country isn't playing fair to the rest of the world.....
By the way, the point (which you're trying to avoid) is that America can do this to any company...Huwaei now, Eu cars next (which is funny that America labels them as a security threat since you know, America is spying on EU members states and we're supposed to be your allies).
You can fuck right off with your nationalistic MAGA rhetoric.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
lol. Im confused at how
Mate, while you're not wrong, you're ignoring the fact that no tech company has any leg to stand on.

If this was the criteria by which the US fucked Huawei, then the US government should've fuck all American tech companies long time ago too. Let's not go into Facebook and all the tech giants, telecom or not and how they abuse the people's privacy.......

This was political and it's a case of a superpower crippling a rival power's company cuz they can.
Nobody's trying to defend Huawei. The point is about a superpower having too much power. And it seems that you are very conveniently missing the point.

I agree, But I think you miss the point. If Russia and the US have been locked in a bloodsport for world supremacy what made China think it was going to waltz over to the big boy table without someone trying to clip its wings as bold as its been for the last few decades?

Being a superpower was never fair even before the rise of the US; Britain literally held China at gunpoint for almost 100 years to make sure its drug dealers can deal drugs there, lol.

I see two companies that played the game stupidly as opposed to a superpower responding to protect its interest as it traditionally has.

Oct 27, 2017
Right, cuz American companies are not corrupt.

You're another one who's missing the point. This isn't about China(though it's convenient for you to frame it like that, and make America look like the good guys), it's about America having too much power and using it in a way that pushes its own political agenda and protects its own companies on a global stage.

But I guess you're one of those MAGA type dudes. Nationalistic and blind to the obvious truth that your country isn't playing fair to the rest of the world.....
By the way, the point (which you're trying to avoid) is that America can do this to any company...Huwaei now, Eu cars next (which is funny that America labels them as a security threat since you know, America is spying on EU members states and we're supposed to be your allies).
You can fuck right off with your nationalistic MAGA rhetoric.
tumblr_mqhyemq1G71sa6uifo1_400.gif

Sounds like a guy with a book to sell has sour grapes and is trying to capitalize on recent news.

Ding ding ding winner

Last edited:

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

What i do find interesting is that many so called leftists on ERA jump onto the nationalist train.

You can be liberal and still like the country you live in. I'm an American; as such, on the geopolitical level, with all else being equal, I'd rather see America succeed.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't a common Knowledge that big companies of this side and trade pay brides? It's the nature of this kind of contract.

My guess Alstom won a contract that an American company was not able to outbribe and they decided to cry mommy.

So it's not his fault for committing the crime, it's the US's fault for catching him?

Sounds like a guy with a book to sell has sour grapes and is trying to capitalize on recent news.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Whoever thinks the US is going to let China become the dominant force is kidding themselves. Theyll do whatever it takes to stay number one and their companies having a lead in every field ww.

Curious to see how that Airbus / Boing beef is going to end up. Or Trump's "European cars are a national security thread" crap.

Boeing is...not going to like the next few years and Brokehontas' economic fuckery is hurting US vehicle manufacturers 5x as hard.

Enjoining the wrong people and arguments over stable justified ones is the forbidden fruit of extreme ideology

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

Exit.

Found this

Maybe don't stan horribly corrupt corporations.

"Yeah, but like, everybody bribes govt officials."

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
lol. Im confused at how

I agree, But I think you miss the point. If Russia and the US have been locked in a bloodsport for world supremacy what made China think it was going to waltz over to the big boy table without someone trying to clip its wings as bold as its been for the last few decades?

Being a superpower was never fair even before the rise of the US; Britain literally held China at gunpoint for almost 100 years to make sure its drug dealers can deal drugs there, lol.

I see two companies that played the game stupidly as opposed to a superpower responding to protect its interest as it traditionally has.
I agree with what you're saying: being a superpower isn't about playing fair.
But the point of the article (an by extension of the topic) is to give a warning that America isn't one of the good guys either and in order to protect its own companies and political agenda, the US govt can and will cripple companies from enemy or allied states alike, often invoking bullshit reasons.

And nobody should accept that.
As I said, the EU is taking steps to being less dependent on America and that's a good thing.
tumblr_mqhyemq1G71sa6uifo1_400.gif

Ding ding ding winner
I guess a drive by post is par for the course for nationalistic zealots like you when lacking counter arguments wink wink
I remember you from some posts, doing your thing, which is to spread the same rhetoric 'America is great, China and the rest need to be wiped out'.
Aren't you the cretin that was calling forstarting a military war China over the Huawei privacy thing, in one of the ERA topics? Wouldn't be surproised if it was you, though it may have been one of your like minded friends.

Oct 27, 2017
But the point of the article (an by extension of the topic) is to give a warning that America isn't one of the good guys either and in order to protect its own companies and political agenda, the US govt can and will cripple companies from enemy or allied states alike, often invoking bullshit reasons.

As I said, the EU is taking steps to being less dependent on America and that's a good thing.

I guess a drive by post is par for the course for nationalistic zealots like you when lacking counter arguments wink wink
I remember you from some posts, doing your thing, which is to spread the same rhetoric 'America is great, China and the rest need to be wiped out'.
Aren't you the cretin that was calling for an invasion of China over the Huawei privacy thing? Wouldn't be surproised if it was you, though it may have been one of your like minded friends.
Nah, much like your idiotic "MAGA" accusation, you've once again stupidly confused me with someone else. Surprise. But please, tell me more about me.

OP
OP
Tsuyu

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
So it's not his fault for committing the crime, it's the US's fault for catching him?

World policing law in place.

Also, plenty of USA companies have bribed government officials but they are not run and systemically destroyed.

"He's no angel!" is a good way to deflect the severity of USA actions and disguise the economic parallel of the competitive advantage US would gain against with French firm Alstom and Chinese firm Huawei gone, replaced by US tech monopolies.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
Nah, much like your idiotic "MAGA" accusation, you've once again stupidly confused me with someone else. Surprise. But please, tell me more about me.
I'm definitely not confusing you mate.
You're user name pops in every thread about China, to spread American greatness rhetoric.

And you're doing it again here. Despite this topic not being about China, you're working very hard to frame it as 'China is bad, America is just doing the rest of the world a favor', while the point of this topic is exactly about America abusing power on a global scale, which is worrying as what happened to huawei can happen to any company, from any country.

But keep fighting the fight

OP
OP
Tsuyu

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely not confusing you mate.
You're user name pops in every thread about China, to spread American greatness rhetoric.

And you're doing it again here. Despite this topic not being about China, you're working very hard to frame it as 'China is bad, America is just doing the rest of the world a favor', while the point of this topic is exactly about America abusing power on a global scale, which is worrying as what happened to huawei can happen to any company, from any country.

But keep fighting the fight

I do not blame them.

For decades, anti - China propaganda has been heavily pushed to the mainstream audience by the media and it is also in the interest of a US citizen, to a smaller extent western democracies, to safe guard their technology hegemony.

Although it is quite ironic of them accusing China of spying Europe after what Snowden's has revealed.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Agreed. What's funny is whats setting off the new EU attitude to the US.

Outside of rightful assumptions on Nato and the concept of the 'West' as a military block tho I would make an argument that the EU hasn't necessarily been naive, US's protectionism against the other generally has been mutually beneficial (less about being altruistic, but more about 'we all have guns here at this table, so lets talk')

Imho its less about the US geopolitically deciding its playing for its own team/benefit, as opposed to having gone batshit where depending on the day of the week who knows what firecracker its going to throw into a window. Its more about the US abandoning the ideals of the West (which is insane, lol) than then playing a winner take all game.

(that said, when it comes to second/third world businesses the US and by extention EU has been an absolute scourge on the "free market")

Last edited:

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe don't stan horribly corrupt corporations.

"Yeah, but like, everybody bribes govt officials."

The thing is in certain sector with some country everyone bribe.

It's not done on companies basis but on country and sector.

Everyone does it. It's so endemic that is not to gain advantage. But to level the field

The crime was not done be in us. Probably a US company lost the a contact but I assure you they did not lost it because they they refused to bribe. It was done to favor an American company. otherwise you might as well starting arresting all multinational that work were curruption level are high.

Oct 27, 2017
I do not blame them.

For decades, anti - China propaganda has been heavily pushed to the mainstream audience by the media and it is also in the interest of a US citizen, to a smaller extent western democracies, to safe guard their technology hegemony.

Although it is quite ironic of them accusing China of spying Europe after what Snowden's has revealed.
So you think that people who are cool with China having one less avenue to spy with are cool with the US doing the same thing? That's the logic here? Why is it that defenders of the PRC always fall back on this pathetic whataboutism to justify defending poor, little innocent Huawei?

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I will put it in this way.
When us military industry compete with another nation company in a country with high level of curruption they both will bribe the ufficials.

If us company win the other country government will not start arresting the US company management.

Maybe they should, but it is a moot point becouse they are not likely to due geopolitics reason.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
I do not blame them.

Yeah, I agree. It's hypocritical of them to accuse China of spying, while he's an American.

What irritates me is that he, and a few others like him, are spreading hateful propaganda in all topics about China.
he blocked his profile from being seen, but I just checked a few topics and lo and behold, he posted this today:
Social credit isn't just going to earn itself.
and this is also relevant, as it's his default line when someone has a different opinion than him:
[...]
Man the PRC defense force isn't trying hard at all anymore. Just throwing out nonsense in the hopes no one will call them on it.

And this is the absolute hypocrisy (and it really highlights that people like Carolina reaper have an agenda): as soon as you say something bad about America they will invariably spew the same line, and that's that you are a PRC defense force. He (Carolina Reaper) and other like him, are constantly doing this, accusing anyone of being a 'PRC defense force' or 'astroturfer'. This is his modus operandi and you can see he's doing it in this topic as well, trying to change the subject of discussion to be about China.

And what's worse, the mods have been encouraging this behaviour for a long time on this forum, by not even warning these peope. Almost all of China related topics are either some snarky comment like the social credit one, or straight up hateful comments like 'fuck the chinese' (as if all 1.3 billion people are evil), or accusing people that they're defending an evil government.

edit: he thinks that if he's hiding his profile, nobody will notice. But he's so transparent in all the topics, especially how he's always there to post the same shit in every topic about China.
Also, I like how he ignores the USA's increasingly hostile attitude towards Europe, or any other topic, and he keeps spewing the anti-China propaganda, like a broken record, spinning (or trying hard to spin) every discussion into America the good guys are saving the world from the evil PRC.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree. It's hypocritical of them to accuse China of spying, while he's an American.

What irritates me is that he, and a few others like him, are spreading hateful propaganda in all topics about China.
he blocked his profile from being seen, but I just checked a few topics and lo and behold, he posted this today:

and this is also relevant, as it's his default line when someone has a different opinion than him:

And this is the absolute hypocrisy (and it really highlights that people like Carolina reaper have an agenda): as soon as you say something bad about America they will invariably spew the same line, and that's that you are a PRC defense force. He (Carolina Reaper) and other like him, are constantly doing this, accusing anyone of being a 'PRC defense force' or 'astroturfer'. This is his modus operandi and you can see he's doing it in this topic as well, trying to change the subject of discussion to be about China.

And what's worse, the mods have been encouraging this behaviour for a long time on this forum, by not even warning these peope. Almost all of China related topics are either some snarky comment like the social credit one, or straight up hateful comments like 'fuck the chinese' (as if all 1.3 billion people are evil), or accusing people that they're defending an evil government.
Now copy and paste the messages where I hate on the US. Or does that not fit your narrative? And is your defense of the PRC really "Calling out the shitty things they do is jingoistic and nationalist!"? Nah son. No jingoism required to hate on the PRC. I hate on the US for putting kids in cages, and I'll hate on China for putting millions of muslims into concentration camps. But keep trying to deflect the attacks on the PRC by disingenuously claiming that when users say "Fuck China" they're talking about the chinese people. Lose us with that bullshit. As long as Huawei is linked directly to the PRC, and as long as they steal from others, they're ripe for criticism.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
Now copy and paste the messages where I hate on the US. Or does that not fit your narrative? And is your defense of the PRC really "Calling out the shitty things they do is jingoistic and nationalist!"? Nah son. No jingoism required to hate on the PRC. I hate on the US for putting kids in cages, and I'll hate on China for putting millions of muslims into concentration camps. But keep trying to deflect the attacks on the PRC by disingenuously claiming that when users say "Fuck China" they're talking about the chinese people. Lose us with that bullshit.
If you attack the PRC, attack the PRC. Saying 'fuck the PRC' and 'Fuck Chinese' are two different things.
You're either very stupid and don't know what you're saying, or you know exactly what you're saying. I have the feeling you're in the later category.

Also, your line that 'you're defending the PRC' is realy tiring.
I guess it's funny how in this very post you try to defend yourself by saying that you also hate on the US and so you're actually neutral, without an agenda, but somehow you don't accept the sme logic from other people and in your eyes they are defending the PRC.
Why can't you accept that some of us are not defending the Chinese government, which is shit. We're just blaming the US government.

Also, for the thousand time, you're the one who transformed this topic into a discussion about China. The topic is about America, as a global super power, using its soft power to further its political agenda and how that should be a warning for the entire word (east and west).

You know exaclty what you're doing. As I said, that's your modus operandi.

Oct 27, 2017
If you attack the PRC, attack the PRC. Saying fuck the PRc and Fuck Chinese are two different things.

Also, your line that 'you're defending the PRC' is realy tiring.

I guess it's funny how in this very post you try to defend yourself by saying that you also hate on the US and so that you're actuall neutral, without an agenda, but somehow you don't accept that from other people and in your eyes they are defending the PRC.
Why can't you accept that some of us are not defending the Chinese government, which is shit. We're just blaming the US government.

Also, for the thousand time, you're the one who transformed this topic into a discussion about China. The topic is about America, as a global super power, using its soft power to further its political agenda and how that should be a warning for the entire word (east and west).

You know exaclty what you're doing. As I said, that's your modus operandi.
Uh no the story is about a corrupt piece of shit linking his story to Huawei/China in a sad attempt to grab attention for himself. He's the one that equated the two, or did you not read the story? And when people say Fuck America, do you immediately run to the aid of all the Americans they're potentially referring to with that statement?

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

Aren't you the cretin that was calling forstarting a military war China over the Huawei privacy thing, in one of the ERA topics? Wouldn't be surproised if it was you, though it may have been one of your like minded friends.
china protects its companies by not allowing foreign companies to participate in their economy

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
It's always funny how Trump, US citizens, Pelosi, the centrists of ERA are all about the capitalistic religion but know are silent or supporting something very unlike the system they evangelize. Maybe it's all about power and dominance and they do not care about the bullshit they have to use to support it. Definitely a lot of hypocrisy going on.

Now on specific terms, fuck Alstom, their corrupt and corrosive ways impacted many countries including the poorest in the world so they get no sympathy from me. I'm indifferent to Huawei though for now.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I'm American (unfortunately) and I own a P30 pro but I'm not ready to call all people who want Huawei dead nationalists many are just upset that that Apple are so behind Huawei when it comes to phone innovation.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
If huawei is guilty, i really don't see an issue. If anything this might provoke other countries to do the same with the us.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

edit: he thinks that if he's hiding his profile, nobody will notice. But he's so transparent in all the topics, especially how he's always there to post the same shit in every topic about China.
Also, I like how he ignores the USA's increasingly hostile attitude towards Europe, or any other topic, and he keeps spewing the anti-China propaganda, like a broken record, spinning (or trying hard to spin) every discussion into America the good guys are saving the world from the evil PRC.
It has to be the American extremism I've seen mentioned a few times on this forum already. If you don't 100% support America in this decision where nothing was ever proven, then you're just a PRC astroturfer who personally runs three concentration camps in China.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017

again with this bullshit. Huawei's main competitors in the telecom equipment market are European. And since their handset division is so reliant on American companies, I wouldn't call Huawei "technologically" ahead of anyone.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mihai is an expat living in China who defends and dismisses the Ughyur re-education camps, the social rating for citizens, billionaires and all the bad Final Fantasy games.

I'm not confusing him with someone else, mate.

Conversation seems to be studiously avoiding the nature of the accusations against both companies and focusing on America throwing its weight around.

Two things can be true simultaneously. If the companies are innocent of the charges then you must have receipts of a similar volume to the behaviors and incidents leveled against them.

I cannot defend American bullying and economic incompetence because they are currently true. But I'm not a "leftist " and in fact get called a centrist frequently when I make outrageous claims like, "voting for Biden is still better than Trump "

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
china protects its companies by not allowing foreign companies to participate in their economy
That is false.
It is true that they probably has more protections of their local industries than some countries (though I think people underestimate how common that practice is) but it's patently not true that foreign companies are blocked from doing business in China.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
again with this bullshit. Huawei's main competitors in the telecom equipment market are European. And since their handset division is so reliant on American companies, I wouldn't call Huawei "technologically" ahead of anyone.
They're #2 behind Samsung. Whether you personally call them technologically ahead is not relevant.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018

Curious to see how that Airbus / Boing beef is going to end up. Or Trump's "European cars are a national security threat" crap.
That 2nd one is going nowhere and that's simply a fact. Americans love cars and car related freedom more than trump supporters love trump.

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
Uh no the story is about a corrupt piece of shit linking his story to Huawei/China in a sad attempt to grab attention for himself. He's the one that equated the two, or did you not read the story? And when people say Fuck America, do you immediately run to the aid of all the Americans they're potentially referring to with that statement?
I've told you in the first few posts that you're conveniently avoiding the topic.

Alright mister "I'm spamming 'social credit'-shitposts in all China related topics, but I swear I'm not biased"', let me spell it out for you (for the thousand and one time): the point is that America destroyed a company for political reasons. That's never a good sign for any other country in the world that isn't America.
No country should be able to do that freely.

And please spare me the rhetoric about corruption. Yes Huawei, is corrupt and it was more than likely spying for the PRC.
But then again, all tech companies are corrupt. If corruption/privacy was the criteria by which the USA government decided to destroy it, then most if not all American IT&C companies should be destroyed as well.
This was 100% political. It was a literal example of a superpower being jury, judge and executioner on the world stage, to protect its own interests. A country that spies on its allies.

As an European, I'm not worried about China. I honestly think that China's will fuck itself cuz it's economic growth is not sustainable at infinity.
But America is starting to be more dangerous to the EU than China.

And yes, despite your poor attempts to defend yourself, I still see you as a nationalist zealot. And I'm sure that if a mod would go over your posts in every China related topic, they'd see a pattern of behaviour that is consistent with a nationalist zealor. From accusing people of being PRC defense force, to framing every discussion into a 'America good, China bad' rhetoric.