• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What if I told you I was black??? It's suppose to not be good for black people in China but for me it's good... Too many of you spew nonsense about things you understand very little of and overreact to the most mundane shit.

The organ transplants in china documentary and thread was not bullshit. The social credit system isn't bullshit.

Idk if you're trying to earn brownie points or legitimately believe this shit. Probably best if we not interact in this thread anymore tbh.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....huh, so there really is a china apologist in Resetera.

The organ transplants in china documentary and thread was not bullshit. The social credit system isn't bullshit.

Idk if you're trying to earn brownie points or legitimately believe this shit. Probably best if we not interact in this thread anymore tbh.

Not to mention the tibetan, Ulghuyr situation...

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
What if I told you I was black??? It's suppose to not be good for black people in China but for me it's good... Too many of you spew nonsense about things you understand very little of and overreact to the most mundane shit.
Well, I'm glad you and your family have it good, at least. No one else matters, in the end.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess, if I was a Canadian citizen, why should I care about the Saudi killing one of their own citizens? They do it every day. If it was a canadian citizen I would care, but since the guy isn't, why should I care above all the other peeps that die each year in SA?
I mean at that point, we might as well sell weapons to North Korea and Iran, because clearly the sanctions are arbitrary anyway.
Note "Opinion". :p

We're buying a 5 billion dollar pipeline as a form of corporate welfare. If we wanted to protect jobs, divide a billion dollars among the 3000 people and give them a big one time tax free payout? Or just give them other make work projects like building affordable housing or renewable energy projects or something that doesn't involve selling weapons to people we know are evil but look the other way.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
Fun. Maybe we can do this a few more times until someone realizes how pointless it all is.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Woooow. I can't believe we got people in here defending China and the shit they do. Holy shit

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Woooow. I can't believe we got people in here defending China and the shit they do. Holy shit
Yup, I'm sure that Tianemen Square never happened in their fantasy land as well. Also, no one was taken to prison for calling their dictator for life Pooh bear. Fuck China's government.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): trolling
People in concentration camps is not fear mongering. And not all of us are Americans. Why did you think we're criticising just to have an excuse to start a war with China? It's ridiculous
It's because at the end of the day the bulk of you know nothing about world issues or the political climate outside of click bait articles. You guys really need to educate yourselves before spewing hot takes over something you completely do not understand. The ignorance of the many people here is kind of embarrassing on a whole and speaks volumes. You guys are your own worst enemy.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's because at the end of the day the bulk of you know nothing about world issues or the political climate outside of click bait articles. You guys really need to educate yourselves before spewing hot takes over something you completely do not understand. The ignorance of the many people here is kind of embarrassing on a whole and speaks volumes. You guys are your own worst enemy.
Please pray tell, what kind of political climate allows the imprisoning of people in concentration camps? I'm not talking nuances here, regarding the way different countries do certain things or handle certain issues. How is showing empathy for those who are in concentration camps a hot take?

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
Being sympathetic to China in general is understandable, but CCP apologists have no excuse lol.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I hope Huawei contracts across the county are being ripped up. If Telus and Bell are using their tech for 5g I'll be telling anyone who will listen to switch carriers when the rollout starts

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay? Welcome outside of your media bubble.

wait, are you suggesting concentration/"re-education" camps, organ harvesting, the shit they do to tibet, and a myriad of other things are a push by the media to give china a bad name and "real people" can tell us that it's not that bad there?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
some clueless people up in here reacting over fear mongering BS. This is America folks LOL
No wonder they treat you nice in China, you seem to kiss the governments boot when asked to.

You seriously handwave all the issues with "Fearmongering" and "I'm black and things here are fine" or "Click bait".

GG my dude

Whats the missing link here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/China_hidden_camps

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/asia/uyghur-china-xinjiang-interview-intl/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/asia/china-organ-harvesting/index.html

Fake news?

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No wonder they treat you nice in China, you seem to kiss the governments boot when asked to.

You seriously handwave all the issues with "Fearmongering" and "I'm black and things here are fine" or "Click bait".

GG my dude

Whats the missing link here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/China_hidden_camps

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/asia/uyghur-china-xinjiang-interview-intl/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4

Fake news?

Why are you posting all those clickbait articles? Please only listen to CCTV news.
/S

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why are you posting all those clickbait articles? Please only listen to CCTV news.
/S
:P

For some reason people think / cheer for China to take the superpower stage from the US. It'll never happen, atleast in the next few decades, but the weird cheerleading and defense of China in order to somehow put the US in it's place is strange on this site.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Chinese government apologists are the fucking worst because they always complain about fear mongering but respond to the specific horrors the Chinese government inflicts on it's own population

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

For some reason people think / cheer for China to take the superpower stage from the US. It'll never happen, atleast in the next few decades, but the weird cheerleading and defense of China in order to somehow put the US in it's place is strange on this site.

It's called the enemy of my enemy might be my friend.

Which is a personal dilemma of mine when the elections for my country comes up soon as I might have to vote for the incumbent party to make sure a messed up individual I know doesn't get into parliament. Even though I know his party will probably not win seats. I don't want to be like one of those people who voted for Jill Stein just because they hated both Trump and Hillary.

Oct 27, 2017
Pro Tip, Folks: Ignore the obvious propagandist and report when necessary.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

This shit is getting scary. We now have world powers extorting eachother with kidnapped citizens. This won't end well for anyone

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
As usual China trying to bully its way through when its companies are caught breaking laws. Political imprisonment is nothing new to them. Hopefully the international community stands strong with Canada on this one.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pro Tip, Folks: Ignore the obvious propagandist and report when necessary.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

This shit is getting scary. We now have world powers extorting eachother with kidnapped citizens. This won't end well for anyone

There's really no reason at this point to think the arrest was politically motivated. There have been plenty of stories over the years about the alleged fraud and violations and the investigation seems to go back to at least 2016. The idea the DoJ would suddenly do Trump's bidding doesn't have any evidence to support it.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It is insane, they think just because the US government does horrible things around the world it's ok to cheerlead the even shittier Chinese government. Two wrongs don't make a right you dipshits.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clickbait articles?? PBS is clickbait? How about the National Institute of Health? Human Rights Watch? Are they all conspiring to go to war with China?

Has China really stopped obtaining organs from executed prisoners?

Human rights violations in organ procurement practice in China

China Events 2017

Edit: I'm going to insert a quote from that medical journal here, because it's HORRIFYING. Note, most anyone can fall under the term "prisoner" in China. From a hardened criminal, to being a Uyghur minority in a reeducation camp or a political dissident that spoke out against the ruling party.

CONCLUSION:
The unethical practice of organ procurement from executed prisoners in China is associated with a large scale of abuse and a cascade of severe human rights violations, including, we contend, organ explantation from still-alive human beings, and, upstream, conditioning the supply of prisoners exploited per se or then solicited to 'freely' offer organs as atonement for real or supposed crimes. Those involved in organ harvesting from still-alive prisoners must be prosecuted. The unethical practice of lethally procuring vital organs from the living must be prevented by a law prohibiting use of prisoner organs generally, supporting change in the practical legal, medical and popular culture surrounding transplantation in China. Finally, greater influence may be exerted by international institutions through change of strategy.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
There's really no reason at this point to think the arrest was politically motivated. There have been plenty of stories over the years about the alleged fraud and violations and the investigation seems to go back to at least 2016. The idea the DoJ would suddenly do Trump's bidding doesn't have any evidence to support it.

That's not the position Trump is trying to present, which in international affairs is much of the game. This is an obvious power move, not a purely sanctions case

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some serious brainwashing going on in this thread. Hopefully the world doesn't follow China's dystopian steps.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Them fighting tactics. This is enough to actually start a war then solve peace, but knowing Canada, Canada will have every opportunity to win but will choose not too.

Oct 27, 2017
Donald Trump says a lot of things and 99% of it is lies or nonsense. There's no way the DoJ lets him intervene in a specific case like that.

Whether he lies or not is irrelevant, he has the power to grant pardons and he still, technically oversees the DOJ. Whatever outcome, Trump has explicitly stated he will use the power of the USA to leverage criminal cases for economic gains. That's fucking dangerous once it's normalized.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Well if there is one thing the world has learned over the years is that China isn't petty at all, so clearly this can't possibly be connected /s

If you told me you were black, I would tell you Dennis Rodman a black person also has it pretty good in North Korea, so I guess you heard it on resetera first, North Korea human rights violations are just misunderstandings and things aren't as bad as people make it seem because someone that belongs to a minority has it good.

Every bad regime including ones much much worse than China have people that have it good, it is pretty much a pre-requisite to maintaining a bad regime, so those sort of arguments are either absurdly ignorant or most likely straight up disingenuous.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whether he lies or not is irrelevant, he has the power to grant pardons and he still, technically oversees the DOJ. Whatever outcome, Trump has explicitly stated he will use the power of the USA to leverage criminal cases for economic gains. That's fucking dangerous once it's normalized.

I don't expect the DoJ would let it happen. He's had no ability to impede even the Russia investigation even with lots and lots of incentive to do so. He says a lot but he's an idiot.

Wandermust

Alt-Account
Dec 3, 2018
I mean at that point, we might as well sell weapons to North Korea and Iran, because clearly the sanctions are arbitrary anyway.

Note "Opinion". :p

We're buying a 5 billion dollar pipeline as a form of corporate welfare. If we wanted to protect jobs, divide a billion dollars among the 3000 people and give them a big one time tax free payout? Or just give them other make work projects like building affordable housing or renewable energy projects or something that doesn't involve selling weapons to people we know are evil but look the other way.

I mean, looking at it realistically, and not in a naive way, North Korea does not have oil. Saudi arabia does. And give it enough time, and countries will start selling weapons to Iran as well. Why did you think so many countries were so excited to get rid of the Iran sanctions? You had CEOs and business whatnot flying over there to start prepping business deals

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Meng Wanzhou just got released by Canada on 10 million bail, from CNN...
Vancouver, Canada (CNN Business)The chief financial officer of Chinese tech giant Huawei has been released on a $10 million bail, a judge in Canada ruled Tuesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/tech/huawei-meng-wanzhou-bail-decision/index.html

I'm still surprised that the US is allowed to arrest a Chinese citizen for breaking US sanctions. I understand the concept of holding an American company and the American subsidiary to laws, but o.o.

If a US citizen was in Japan, and was arrested by the Japanese government for extradition to China because China had a sanction against Vietnam and the US citizen lied to China to do business with Vietnam... I'd consider that overreach by China.

If she tries to escape to China, I wonder what will happen.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still surprised that the US is allowed to arrest a Chinese citizen for breaking US sanctions. I understand the concept of holding an American company and the American subsidiary to laws, but o.o.

If a US citizen was in Japan, and was arrested by the Japanese government for extradition to China because China had a sanction against Vietnam and the US citizen lied to China to do business with Vietnam... I'd consider that overreach by China.

If she tries to escape to China, I wonder what will happen.

If that hypothetical US citizen broke the sanction while being in China and working in China then I would say that it's not overreach. Since it's a China law and the person broke it while they're in China or working for subsidiaries in China.