• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Former ArenaNet Technical Art Lead, Jens Hauch, unexpectedly passed away on March 29, 2020 at the age of 46. He is survived by his wife and two kids. Hauch started working in the games industry in 1997 as a technical and environment artist for various video game development studios including Beep Industries, Cavedog Entertainment, and Cranky Pants Games.

Hauch eventually took on the lead technical art position for Guild Wars 2. The long-time ArenaNet dev left the studio last year and joined Xbox Game Studios' subsidiary, 343 Industries, to work on the upcoming first-person shooter Halo Infinite.

mmos.com

Former ArenaNet And Guild Wars 2 Technical Art Lead Jens Hauch Has Passed Away At 46 - MMOs.com

Former ArenaNet Technical Art Lead, Jens Hauch, unexpectedly passed away on March 29, 2020 at the age of 46. He is survived by his wife and two kids.

RIP

Condolences to his family and friends aswell as to his colleagues at 343 industries.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Sad to see asomeone die so soon :(
I have a question, honest one (in case it sounds odd, just clarifying): 150000$ for death expenses??? dafuq man, even dying ain't free in the US?

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Really sad to hear about this, due was super talented and he was so young. I hope the family can find good financial and emotional support.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
What a sad story, my condolences to his family and friends. Hope they make it somehow through this tough times :-/
Rest in Peace.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's young. Condolences to his family and friends, that picture is heartbreaking. 🙏🏿

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Way to young, condolences to his friends, family and coworkers.

Sad to see asomeone die so soon :(
I have a question, honest one (in case it sounds odd, just clarifying): 150000$ for death expenses??? dafuq man, even dying ain't free in the US?

The funeral costs etc. But with jt being this high maybe it is due to included medical bills?

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
RIP. Guild Wars had an amazing art team and I'm sure he played a huge role in it.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
RIP. GW2 is a beautiful game and I'll be on the lookout for signs of his positive influence on Halo Infinite when I play it.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Christ that's horrible. He looked happy and healthy too. It comes for us all man,....goddammit, shit's scary.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry for their loss. My age, too. Let those you care about, know you do.

And only because people were asking: the government lump-sum death benefit in the US is $255. A funeral in the US, including services, casket, transportation, and burial can run you up to a good $25000 in some areas. Presumably the gofundme is a larger fund for multiple purposes for the family.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for their loss. My age, too. Let those you care about, know you do.

And only because people were asking: the government lump-sum death benefit in the US is $255. A funeral in the US, including services, casket, transportation, and burial can run you up to a good $25000 in some areas. Presumably the gofundme is a larger fund for multiple purposes for the family.
That is an insane amount of money.