• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
What is rich? I wouldnt say I know many wealthy gays but the ones I do are as liberal as your average gay.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Rich must be meaning that level privilege and the white privilege and insular communities. Probably weren't openly gay and still hush hush about it when they want to get ahead.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
There was that thread recently where people were trying to pretend there is no such thing as a stereotypical White Gay, like it's not a known thing in the community, and I felt like I was losing my damn mind.

If you have the monetary or cultural resources to not actually be negatively impacted by day-to-day kinds of oppression, particularly if you are part of a vulnerable minority group, many of those people will find it very appealing to side with the oppressive majority and normalize themselves through their own whiteness or monetary affluence to quickly remove themselves from their own potential oppression so they can be "one of the good ones" while never actually being at risk from the implementation of the kinds of policies that result.

It's not like it's everyone, especially if you know a lot of gay people the percentage will clearly be very low, but the kinds of gay people who are almost eager to fuck over the very group they belong to are usually wealthy white cis gay men eager to cash in as much privilege as they can. Whiteness and financial stability are two of the biggest sources of power in our society, unfortunately, and can easily trump who you sleep with, especially if you're traditionally handsome and present as masculine.

more or less this. i.e. here in NYC, it's almost invariably the rich gays, and usually self-identified liberals at that (mostly, but not exclusively, white and male) who are for cops at Pride and trashing the more radical alternative march that's coming up

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Sure, but have the police been behaving and not getting in altercations with people?

How will security be done at the QLM?

I'm not really sure why you're hung up on this. There are plenty of parades and marches that are legally conducted in NYC every year without a massive, heavily barricaded police presence along the entire parade route, or with an entire contingent of police marching.

I also don't see the relevance of the first question. Police harassment of and brutality towards POC, trans people, undocumented immigrants, sex workers, etc. is a well-documented fact. I'm not going to tell people from these communities who feel unsafe around cops that they're wrong to do so because the police have promised to behave at this particular event.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure why you're hung up on this. There are plenty of parades and marches that are legally conducted in NYC every year without a massive, heavily barricaded police presence along the entire parade route, or with an entire contingent of police marching.

I also don't see the relevance of the first question. Police harassment of and brutality towards POC, trans people, undocumented immigrants, sex workers, etc. is a well-documented fact. I'm not going to tell people from these communities who feel unsafe around cops that they're wrong to do so because the police have promised to behave at this particular event.

I didn't mean to cause offense. I have no idea what the NYC Pride Parade is like, I was asking out of ignorance. If there are comparable parades with less security presence, then ya, the excessive presence is unjustified.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, his facepic and nudes from grindr are already spreading like an std. He really thinks he can get away with it lol

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with who he is before that thread, so I don't know if people just don't care or he's not that famous amongst the lgbt community or what?
Well some lgbt folks are obviously recognizing him and posting his nudes lol.

So yeah the lesson is if you're semi-famous, just don't send them nudes. Or just open your OnlyFans account already if you're gonna send them out :p

anamika

May 18, 2018
Since I know nothing about Schock I did a little reading up about him on Wikipedia and and I am baffled by all the folks who voted for this guy.

When Schock ran for reelection in 2006, he defeated Democrat Bill Spears, winning 58 percent of the total vote. He received more than 40 percent of the African American vote in his district, despite his opposition to race-based affirmative action

Wat?

Although the district he represented in the state legislature included a large number of voters who were union members or on food stamps, Schock said, "I could vote against things like the raising minimum wage … and go back and explain to them why it didn't make sense to raise the cost of labor ... and they understood it

Wat?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well some lgbt folks are obviously recognizing him and posting his nudes lol.

So yeah the lesson is if you're semi-famous, just don't send them nudes. Or just open your OnlyFans account already if you're gonna send them out :p
I mean, yeah, I expected dark, blurry or headless pics, but it's full on dick and face in good lighting. also, ever ironed some shirts and thought: "hmm, I should really take a new butthole pic!"

...is this what you have to do to get a date nowadays? :(

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, I expected dark, blurry or headless pics, but it's full on dick and face in good lighting. also, ever ironed some shirts and thought: "hmm, I should really take a new butthole pic!"

...is this what you have to do to get a date nowadays? :(
Ideally two of each. With no caps, sunglasses, and in bright lighting.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
So let me get this straight.

He's a gay Republican that voted against the interests (equality) of LGBTQIA+ folks, committed campaign finance violations, got virtually no punishment, and now he's hanging out at Coachella making out with dudes.

The world isn't fair, I want to drink, and then I want to bang my head into the wall until either it, or I, go down.

Valentina

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Homophobic rhetoric, account in junior phase
And he's a big ol bottom. No surprise there.