• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
You may remind this turd of a human being as the Illinois Congressman who modeled his office after Downton Abbey and had a laundry list of campaign finance violations from several years back. He largely got off with a slap on the wrist from all of that but while he was in office he voted in line with his Republican counterparts in discriminating against the LGBT community. It was pretty much one of those worst kept secrets that he was gay but now the cat is out of the bag. Several people witnessed Shock at Coachella hanging with his gay buddies and making out with others. Publications have reached out for comment but so far he has not responded.

Normally outing somebody would be a serious offense but considering his solid voting record in opposing the equality of the people he is out partying with makes it fair game. The freedom and activities he so enjoys are made possible in spite of people like himself and others on the right that would continue having homosexuals feel ashamed and less than equal. It would be great if he changed his mind but that doesn't help change any votes or create opportunities to change any minds since hes left Congress in disgrace. So fuck this guy.

captureuhjyp.png

In researching the photos, we discovered the group shot posted to the public Instagram account of one of the men posing with Schock. Among those who 'liked' that post was Aaron Schock himself. The post has since been removed, and the man has switched his account to 'private.' Queerty obtained a screenshot before the post disappeared showing the former Congressman liking the photo, but we've removed it at the request of the man whose account it came from, who requested anonymity.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I for one am absolutely shocked.

You're not welcome in the club, dickhead. Go fuck yourself.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
wait... so before these photos came out he never said he was gay and no one suspected him to be gay?

edit... read that it was a "bad kept secret" in the OP, sorry. This is really weird.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory Generalizations
The most rabid homophobes are often closeted. People who have their sexuality sorted out rarely have any reason to attack the sexuality of others.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. He didn't even have the decency to crawl under a rock like the fucking cockroach he is.

I also find it hard to believe his little Coachella muscle brigade is oblivious to his past. So fuck them too.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know delusions can run deep as all fuck but how some of these guys live with themselves amazes me.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Cross post from PoliERA...

I truly don't understand. Is he gearing up for some sort of apology tour? I'm all for rehabilitation and reconciliation, but is that what's happening? Because if so, he has a lot of making up to do. Yet I don't see any signs of that.

If he's just living it up in gay circles, on the backs of everyone who fought for equality, while his heinous record of injustice still stands, that's disgusting.

The most rabid homophobes are often closeted. People who have their sexuality sorted out rarely have any reason to attack the sexuality of others.
No. This is an awful stereotype that does real damage to the LGBT+ community.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is completely false and this myth needs to go away. Approaching homophobia as if it is a gay loathing issue is no different than assuming people are racist because they actually are a percentage some other race

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please explain how? I fail to see how it damages.

Because the vast majority of homophobia is not coming from the closeted LGBTQ community. Associating homophobia with self loathing dimishies what is at the root of most of homophobia

The vast majority of the country was virulently homophobic for a long time. Do you think they were mostly closeted?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, noooooo! The gays, they got to him! They made him gay! This is why they're so dangerous.

Money over humanity. It's the Republican way. It is known. It is known.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is not only wrong, it also is an incredibly harmful stereotyping and puts homophobia at the feet of LGBT+ people, while also absolving straight people from any and all fault for homophobia existing.
Yes, there are repressed LGBT+ people who express themselves through homophobia, but to suggest that only closeted people are homophobes is dangerous. As a reminder, this also implies that all homophobic violence and murder is at the hand of LGBT+ people themselves, as well as the centuries of oppression.
Also, may I remind you that these closeted LGBT+ people are not repressed because of nothing whatsoever.

Please explain how? I fail to see how it damages.
On face value it seems hilarious to point out the irony, but the problem with the stereotype is that it obscures the truth that the vast majority of homophobia comes from heterosexuals. Even in situations that a vehement homophobe is revealed to be in fact gay, you have to remember that those examples of hypocrisy are the result of generations of conditioning that being attracted to the same sex is shameful enough that the best defense is to over-correct.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't see how ascribing the majority of prejudiced behaviour against the gay community as coming from a place of self loathing is damaging?
I would argue that those that are closeted and homophobic are not part of the LGBTQ community to begin with nor want anything to do with it. However I don't believe that is the majority and never looked at in the manney you described. I only say this as someone who knew/knows 3 gay people. Two were closeted homophobes until their deathbed confessions, my great uncle and his brother my grandfather. Both wanted to be "normal" in their eyes, got married and raised families. So my experience my be a bit skewed, however, agai, I never though this was the majority of the bigots out there. A lack of knowledge and a narrow focused religious belief system believe are more to blame.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I would argue that those that are closeted and homophobic are not part of the LGBTQ community to begin with nor want anything to do with it. However I don't believe that is the majority and never looked at in the manney you described. I only say this as someone who knew/knows 3 gay people. Two were closeted homophobes until their deathbed confessions, my great uncle and his brother my grandfather. Both wanted to be "normal" in their eyes, got married and raised families. So my experience my be a bit skewed, however, agai, I never though this was the majority of the bigots out there. A lack of knowledge and a narrow focused religious belief system believe are more to blame.
No one is questioning the existence of gay people who are homophobic. Schock being the obvious example of this. It's the idea that those people are the main driving force behind homophobia in the world, which is exactly what I was responding to. It's not remotely true, and it's reckless to causally throw a statement like that out.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair maybe he's just a straight guy who likes to make out with gay men? And maybe have sex with them?