• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it takes is the kind of sentiment we need and as someone who stands to lose programs that help me survive if Trump is reelected, I appreciate it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, can we wait on his VP pick first? He can signal Warren all he wants but this is Biden..... Fuck around and end up with President Bloomberg. Would be impeaching them boys down the list 20 deep until we found someone decent like Battlestar Galactica after the whole damn administration got wiped out.
He already said vp would be a Woman. Why would you think bloomberg at all? He wouldn't pick him even if he picked a guy.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Ehh, can we wait on his VP pick first? He can signal Warren all he wants but this is Biden..... Fuck around and end up with President Bloomberg. Would be impeaching them boys down the list 20 deep until we found someone decent like Battlestar Galactica after the whole damn administration got wiped out.

Sure, but it'd still be okay because you'd reach Pelosi. :P

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Can we not? Can we just not reduce this to a Marvel quote fest?
I don't understand the problem. It's a popular well known thought that is being used as a rallying call. The movies are dumb popcorn entertainment but they are familiar to people and relay an idea that's easy to understand. Why not use it?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the problem. It's a popular well known thought that is being used as a rallying call. The movies are dumb popcorn entertainment but they are familiar to people and relay an idea that's easy to understand. Why not use it?

It was "Vote Blue No Matter Who" before, but that was seen as insensitive; and it also makes a far more direct reference to Biden himself, who most people don't even really care for. So the focus was switched to Trump with: "Whatever it takes to remove that asshole" to dial down on what needs to be done, still signal unity in removing the orange clown, while not telling people who they need to support directly like the other quote could be misconstrued as.

I think its clear that it doesn't matter what the rallying call is here; Bidens the nominee. People aren't going to like it period. The movies aren't the issue really. It's the nominee.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
contry to what the media wants, the best thing bidan can is nothing, literally nothing. the more trump speaks, the worse trumps numbers get.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It was "Vote Blue No Matter Who" before, but that was seen as insensitive; and it also makes a far more direct reference to Biden himself, who most people don't even really care for. So the focus was switched to Trump with: "Whatever it takes to remove that asshole" to dial down on what needs to be done, still signal unity in removing the orange clown, while not telling people who they need to support directly like the other quote could be misconstrued as.

I think its clear that it doesn't matter what the rallying call is here; Bidens the nominee. People aren't going to like it period. The movies aren't the issue really. It's the nominee.
I figured "blue no matter who" sounded better with it being less of a meme and more to the point and political. Maybe not then.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
contry to what the media wants, the best thing bidan can is nothing, literally nothing. the more trump speaks, the worse trumps numbers get.

/shrug is anyone saying otherwise? Bidens been damn near invisible outside of endorsements and PACs like this. Its perfect. Trump is self immolating.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

That's silly. The discussions around the various topics have already said as much in many more words. Many will vote for whoever the dem nominee is because Trump is a know quantity. Saying so in meme format doesn't change the sentiment. The idea of "Vote blue no matter who" being offensive is absurd just like saying "whatever it takes" prevents any complex critical analysis of what to do with your vote is also absurd.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because "whatever it takes" seems to be willing to throw more and more people under the bus.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can we just not reduce this to a Marvel quote fest?
BowedCompleteDassierat-max-1mb.gif

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone that isn't a rich straight white christian male will be thrown under the bus if Trump is re-elected.

Agreed, so the best thing is to push for the facts of the rape investigation right now (such as releasing the records from the University of Deleware) before we are forced to choose between two rapists and not double down and hope it's nothing. Whatever it takes should not have to mean "vote for the rapist". Whatever it takes should be to fight for what's right till the bitter fucking end. Or, since we're going to be throwing nerd quotes around:

"Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, you move.'"

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Because "whatever it takes" seems to be willing to throw more and more people under the bus.
You can't stop enthusiasm for getting this president out. Saying that someone will vote for Biden no matter what is the same as whatever it takes. Showing Captain America and saying it isn't really different than what people have said for months. I'm not really sure the reasoning behind disarming every phrase people come up with to push forward their cause really is. But these aren't dirty phrases just because People have issues with Biden. Whatever it takes doesn't throw anyone under the bus it's just enthusiasm for a democratic win.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Agreed, so the best thing is to push for the facts of the rape investigation right now (such as releasing the records from the University of Deleware) before we are forced to choose between two rapists and not double down and hope it's nothing. Whatever it takes should not have to mean "vote for the rapist". Whatever it takes should be to fight for what's right till the bitter fucking end. Or, since we're going to be throwing nerd quotes around:

That's a great quote - in that movie Cap chooses not to compromise for the greater good, the Avengers coalition breaks up and half of humanity is killed as Thanos rolls in unopposed by a united front. Very apt.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Agree to disagree. Fact is, memes aren't banned on ERA, not in political topics. If that's something you seek its probably best reported and not discussed out in the open in a topic like this between two people with zero decision making ability; serving only to drag things offtopic. I was personally approached by a poster about the whole "Blue no matter Who" verbiage and how they didn't like it, and how it made them feel.

I like, "Whatever it takes" and will continue to voice my support for removing him in that manner unless told otherwise by moderation. You can PM me if you want; but this is offtopic and adds nothing to this discussion atm.

My typing isn't the best. I was actually agreeing with you.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great quote - in that movie Cap chooses not to compromise for the greater good, the Avengers coalition breaks up and half of humanity is killed as Thanos rolls in unopposed by a united front. Very apt.

I said it was a shitty quote. I'm just not convinced you mean whatever it takes because you seem to be very eager to give in right now months before the election or even before we even have proof either way.

Mar 10, 2018
I said it was a shitty quote. I'm just not convinced you mean whatever it takes because you seem to be very eager to give in right now months before the election or even before we even have proof either way.
Good point.

"Whatever it takes" is extremely dangerous ideology. I understand the sentiment in the context of our current state of affairs, but keep in mind how far you're willing to take that phrase.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If Obama did not stop the rise of fascism in the US, what makes you think Biden will?
Biden winning means Trump and his administration not winning, and not having the supreme court be hard red for 50 years, setting back lgbt rights, minority rights, women's rights, social security, medicare/medicaid, anti gun laws, climate change....and handling COVID. Not to mention not handwaving nazis, or not inciting civil war in a pandemic.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus, if Bernie's camp doesn't do this and Biden loses too, Bernie's side gets blamed again.

He's gonna get blamed in any case if that happens.

Thank you.

(Because whatever it takes).

"Thank you". For what? For trying to paint me as something I'm not? I have said multiple times that I will vote for Biden in the General. Something that's conveniently lost to make me some insane nutjob so you can ignore any and all cries of victims but it's something I've said multiple times. I also will make sure til the bitter end we get justice for Tara Reade and not give up in the name of a false unity.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

What are you even talking about? Give in to what? It's Biden vs. Trump in November. You can choose to stop Trump (and spend the next few months doing what you can to do so) or you can choose to support Trump. Those are your two options. Bernie, Pelosi, AOC, Obama have all made their choice. As have I.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you even talking about? Give in to what? It's Biden vs. Trump in November. You can choose to stop Trump (and spend the next few months doing what you can to do so) or you can choose to support Trump. Those are your two options. Bernie, Pelosi, AOC, Obama have all made their choice. As have I.

I can make sure there is justice for Tara Reade. I can make sure we investigate this to the bottom so there's a clear answer. There are so much more I can do than give up and pretend that's all and throw victims under the bus. And, like I said, I will vote for him should it come to that. I'm sorry that apparently doing that isn't enough anymore.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
cmon guys

lets focus on taking down one rapist at a time

We are terrible at multitasking and I would prefer to focus on the big bad one first

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Biden winning means Trump and his administration not winning, and not having the supreme court be hard red for 50 years, setting back lgbt rights, minority rights, women's rights, social security, medicare/medicaid, anti gun laws, climate change....and handling COVID.
Uh huh....and when the next Republican is inevitably elected, and is inevitably a cryptofascist because the GOP have realised they can get away with anything, but the difference being that this cryptofascist is smart and knows how to wield power? What about Proud Boys and Atomwaffen? The seeds of these groups groups were planted in during the Obama administration. Will they somehow vanish when Biden is elected?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Uh huh....and when the next Republican is inevitably elected, and is inevitably a cryptofascist because the GOP have realised they can get away with anything, but the difference being that this cryptofascist is smart and knows how to wield power? What about Proud Boys and Atomwaffen? The seeds of these groups groups were planted in during the Obama administration. Will they somehow vanish when Biden is elected?
Basically you are saying letting Trump win won't really matter because there are still other bad guys too.... so just give up?

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Get Biden elected then impeach him once we stack congress and get his likely good VP pick as POTUS.

Whatever it takes to make Trump lose ffs.

People should stop entertaining this fantasy that Biden will be impeached. If he's elected, he's President, that's it.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Basically you are saying letting Trump win won't really matter because there are still other bad guys too.... so just give up?
I did not say you shouldn't vote for him. Whether anybody does or does not is completely up to them.

What I am saying is that it's extremely foolish to assume that Biden is the cureall for Fascism in the US. That's very lazy and will result in even greater threats after his Presidency.