• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
A very recent one:

I actually didn't mind Helstrom, Ana in particular was great and should've been the focus, but it was definitely outclassed by its theme/opening credits.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Nailed it to a tee, no better example than this
wow.png

Oct 27, 2017

Thought not sure if it fits your criteria because I f'n loved this show.

Edit: WTH it cuts off at the mid way point. :(

Oct 27, 2017

I got this one from a previous thread about intro's so I have no idea whether the show's any good or not but I have to assume it doesn't live up to the theme song.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Fantastic Max. Hopefully I can watch it again someday but my instinct is that it does not hold up lol.

Oct 27, 2017
It's not necessarily forgettable, but i didn't love Neon Genesis Evangelion as much as it was hyped up and it's theme song slaps

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

I don't think it's even been a year since I've posted this in one of these threads and I'd already forgotten what this show was even called again.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
That time Stiles and Cameron had their own show:

That time Joe Pesci starred in a advertisement for Los Angeles in 1985:

That time we got an American Hello Kitty cartoon:

That time Ralph Bakshi did a Mighty Mouse cartoon:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That time the Archies overdosed on the 80s:

The 80s really specialized in this.

Airwolf and several other shows had intros and theme songs that were better than the actual show.

But damn it was still enough to get me to watch!
I'm pretty sure nobody remembers MacGyver other than his ability to make anything out of a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum and the spoof McGruber. But the theme song, especially the FULL theme song, is awesome:
www.youtube.com

MacGyver Theme (1985-1992)

MacGyver theme song

Last edited:

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
this show is awful but the theme song is a little wild and a little strange

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Someone already posted Silverhawks but I'll agree to that easily. A lot of 80s/90s theme songs were great, even for some of the most boring cartoons.

I'm of the opinion that there are a lot of great cartoons these days, my one "it was better in my day" argument is cartoon show theme songs.I'd challenge anyone to name a current cartoon with a theme that slaps like Ducktales.

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey we're greenlighting a show starring Parappa the Rapper!"
"Oh cool, a trippy world where this young dog uses rap and hip-hop to solve his problems?"
"Nope, just a bland, vanilla show about a kid in school."
"oh"
"But enjoy these funky intros though!"
"Okay!"

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, I like the intro for Wonderful Wizard of Oz better than the MiB or Night Hood intros.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It's the right amount ofpunchy that makes you forget about it after you hear it but during listening you're like "yeah, this is cool."

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
This Eric Idle tune is pretty neat and by far the best thing about this awful, awful show.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Meh the Johnny Quest reboot music isn't nearly as good as the original version. Now that slaps.

as you can tell by the intro that accompanies it though it was probably super problematic
youtu.be

Jonny Quest Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song

This is the opening and closing credits and theme song from the hit Saturday morning cartoon "Jonny Quest." Jonny originally aired during prime time in 1964...

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018

Sorry if it was already posted; I have a lot of broken YouTube links in the thread. But the Medical Center theme is a jam.