• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
For me the pinnacle example of this is 'The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest'

Absolutely cannot remember a single episode for the life of me, but this Theme song has stuck with me forever.

It's like Brad Fiedel, Harry Gregson-Williams, and John Williams all had a magical music baby. I just really wish there was an extended version.

But obviously the theme song was the only good thing about the show, otherwise I'd remember it. I literally must have only watched it for the theme song and tuned out afterwards.

Anyone else have a show that's absolutely forgettable or just crap, but the theme song is just, sooooo, good?

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
I definitely watched the intro and then dipped. I don't remember any episode of this show but remember this intro well.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, man I have vivid memories of that show. I really enjoyed it growing up on the original and when it showed up and they were older my mind was blown. Great show.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can argue how forgettable it was, but I love the theme song to Angel.

But then again, I'm a sucker for a rock violin.

Oct 28, 2017
I used to enjoy Welcome Back Kotter, but after revisiting it recently, the best thing about it is the theme song.

OK, maybe Welcome Back Kotter doesn't totally fit, maybe have My Secret Identity instead.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The Greatest American Hero

QuerulousClutteredDugong-max-1mb.gif

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
The Disney Afternoon lineup gets a lot of love (Chp N Dale, Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, etc) but no one ever talks about Gummi Bears!

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
For me the pinnacle example of this is 'The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest'

Absolutely cannot remember a single episode for the life of me, but this Theme song has stuck with me forever.

It's like Brad Fiedel, Harry Gregson-Williams, and John Williams all had a magical music baby. I just really wish there was an extended version.

But obviously the theme song was the only good thing about the show, otherwise I'd remember it. I literally must have only watched it for the theme song and tuned out afterwards.

Anyone else have a show that's absolutely forgettable or just crap, but the theme song is just, sooooo, good?

It's such a good song, the way they folded in the original theme but mixed in what felt like bits of the Speed soundtrack - a breath-taking and heart-pounding piece.

also reminded me somewhat of The New Adventures of Superman/Lois & Clark, which was another cracking theme.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not exactly sure if I'd say it slaps, but this three minute and thirty seconds-long intro theme is way more than Thunder in Paradise deserved.

Oct 28, 2017
This is a thread of blasphemy!

These are not forgettable shows at all. "Airwolf" "Mask" mother fuckin SILVERHAWKS!!!