• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
While I agree that REmake is a masterpiece as is along with being my favorite RE title, I'd still love another remake of it. Imo it has the best atmosphere of all RE's.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
No thanks, the Gamecube remake already is a classic and a masterpiece. Use those resources on a completely new game instead.

Oct 28, 2017
No. REmake is as good as it's going to get. The core of what RE1 is was perfected. The vision was perfected. Another remake serves no purpose.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Chris was on a "vacation under umbrella" all across Europe during the outbreak in Raccoon City. It's basically impossible to implement Chris in Resident Evil 3, unless it's some separate campaign with "detached" storyline or Chris becomes a playable character in Mercenaries mode.

I'm thinking more along the lines of crafting RE3's campaign using RE2's dual character formula.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
No thanks. Give me something new. Don't understand this need for every game to be constantly remade forever.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
For a long time, people said it couldn't be done. You couldn't have an over the shoulder Resident Evil game that was horror focused and felt like the classic games.

The RE2 Remake has shattered that myth imo. This is peak Resident Evil. Its basically the game I've wanted since RE4 - the perfect melding of old and new.

So the natural followup many people would want is Nemesis. But that doesn't really make sense to me. The game is too similar to RE2. It serves as a bookend, but RE2 was the "meat" of the Raccoon City sandwich. The source material isn't rich enough.

But you know what is? The original. Give me this gameplay and put me in the Spencer Mansion and I think we have a match made in heaven. If they go all in on being creative like they originally did with Remake i think they can still make it fresh again.

I'm sure many people are like "ugh no re1 again" but you know Remake is 17 years old right? The HD port doesn't really count.

And to be honest, I'll say it now - fixed camera is gone. RE2 just allowed me to let it go. We don't need it anymore. But I'd love if the core experience of Resi1 lives on for another generation.

If you complain about RE3 not having enough meat, let's go for Code Veronica then. Remaking REmake is stupid

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0 and Remake are perfect, so no.
3 is good but Nemesis in the Remake 2 engine would be amazing.
CV needs a lot of help as it sucks.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
YES please!

Though since its already been remade and remastered its likely at the bottom of their list

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't disagree more. I would rather have remake 4 before they are doing the first one again.

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
Nah, Remake is still an exceptional game, i think it stands perfectly well as it is. Better they move on, Nemesis would benefit massively from an RE2 level remake, though i would expect more to be added to it to flesh it out in terms of content and story.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they do RE3make and reCVmake before they redo 1 again.

I'd go
RE8
RE3make
RE9
RECVMake
ReREmake

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
REmake is already perfect. REmake 2 is not as good and yes, reason for that is inferior art/ots view and worse sound design.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I agree REmake is already perfect how it is but the appeal of exploring the mansion in that style sounds really, really exciting. Capcom should focus on RE8 and R3make for now but after RE(C:V)make I hope they consider it. In no way should it replace REmake though.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, REmake has been ported to current-gen consoles, plays remarkably well and looks great too. It's a timeless little gem in my opinion.

Besides, RE3 is the best classic Resident Evil and really needs some updating.

Don't @ me

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I don't think we need an RE1make. Even if it's in OTS. Just seems super redundant to have 3 remakes of 1 when you haven't even touched the other titles in the series.
Hell, if you really wanna remake stuff. You might as well remake RE0 before you do RE1 again.

Also I'd argue the HD port definitely does count. Considering how long that game was locked onto only Nintendo hardware. A lot of people's first time playing it was from the HD release.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, I think the Spencer Mansion is the best scenario of the lot. Just the design fundamentals of that game are so solid that you could almost remake it every generation. I don't think they should spend the next decade remaking the shit out of their old games but playing RE2 definitely left me wanting to have this same seamless wandering around the mansion with lickers replaced by crimson heads and hunters.

RE3 I'm sort of not really feeling the hype cause it's going to be in a big city. It won't work as well I think.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure many people are like "ugh no re1 again" but you know Remake is 17 years old right? The HD port doesn't really count.

Yes it does, considering it has aged phenomenally well and doesn't need to be redone yet again. I would rather they moved on as well. We don't need RE, RE Director's Cut, REmake, REmake HD and REmake REmade.

Better idea: Give me RE2 in RE1 style. You know... actual survival horror.

That was the game I bought my GC specifically for when it was announced that REmake wasn't going to be the only one, and that the original three were planned to be redone similarly. Never happened, and the more recent game is pretty OK, but it's not really REmake 2.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Easy no. I like how Resident Evil 1 is positioned here. On one end we have the most authentic PS1-era Resident Evil experience that looks and plays way better than it ought to, and then on the other end we have Resident Evil 2, which refined and modernized a ton of those same design elements brilliantly into 2019.

While I don't need a Resident Evil 3 to show me the leap in survival horror design trends come 2021, I rather REMake stay as it is. In a post-RE2make world it's an even more fascinating (And still incredibly accessible) game in retrospect.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
If they do it, I'd be interested in a more RE7 style of gameplay and atmosphere tbh. Just finished that game, and it felt both new and fresh while so typically resident evil. Though I'd rather have a RE8 and RE3make first.

I just realized that there's only 6 years between the original RE and REmake, and there's been soon 17 years since the remake. Wouldn't mind to revisit the mansion again, it's my favorite location in any game.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Given Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is not easily playable without access to older console hardware, I'd much rather see it remade in the style of REmake 2. It deserves to be updated and brought forward to the current generation. It's one of my favourite games in the franchise. REmake is already available and still holds up today. There is no need to remake it a second time.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I want REmake 3 first, but definitely want RE1 redone again afterwards. And Capcom has already expressed interest of remaking RE1 again in the style of REmake 2, so outlook is good!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
giphy.gif

Nemesis is coming.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a REmake remake. Could never give RE1 a fair shake because of the controls. Same with all the classic games. Love RE2 remake though

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'd play it but it's not needed. Remake 1 is perfected old style. What would be ideal though is if they could recreate the backgrounds because many of them are too blurry for HD. Other than that though, the game is fine.

Do RE3 similar to 2 remake next.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
RE1 is much more about close quarters, small rooms and tense seclusion. You can argue that RE2 could go either third, first or fixed camera, but RE1 was NOT designed to this scale and would be awful.

Lets leave REMake where it is, move onto Remaking 3/CV, and set the road correctly for RE8.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Why not?

Although I'd prefer a reboot that returns the series to Racoon City and its surroundings

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
RE1 is much more about close quarters, small rooms and tense seclusion. You can argue that RE2 could go either third, first or fixed camera, but RE1 was NOT designed to this scale and would be awful.

Lets leave REMake where it is, move onto Remaking 3/CV, and set the road correctly for RE8.

RE1 (and REmake) is also about a secluded mansion with some basic staff and researchers turned into zombies, not a police station in the middle of a city overrun by zombies. The more action-oriented approach of REmake 2 (and RE2) wouldn't fit the game. And REmake already id designed around trying to be as ammo-savvy as possible (due to the limited resources and the Crimson Heads mechanics).