• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Showing up to Forever 21's funeral like

207241.gif

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
They just announced they were closing all Japan stores last week. Didn't expect them to close everything else a week later... I have a number of shirts from them.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I'm glad I'm moving soon, even my biggest local mall currently has nothing left to the point 50% of their big Planned For Spring upgrades are additions to the movie theater

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
As someone who's fashion sense begins and ends with being able to spell fashion I have no opinion on the matter. I do recall my mom and sister having Forever 21 never be destination store but something to walk through if they didn't find what they were looking for at the anchor store of the mall. So not super surprised?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Well there goes the one in my mall. Not like it's a huge loss. There's way way too many women's clothing stores already.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty wild. I do know anything my wife ever bought from there would fall apart eventually after repeated use, the clothes did not last long at all but they were also like $5 for a shirt so it makes sense.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After reading a few articles it looks like they'll try to continue to operate but close down 100+ stores.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
That's pretty wild. I do know anything my wife ever bought from there would fall apart eventually after repeated use, the clothes did not last long at all but they were also like $5 for a shirt so it makes sense.

I've seen this complaint a number of times but it's never been the case for me. Some of my shirts from them are 10+ years old now and have yet to ever fall apart. Maybe I'm just not as harsh on my clothes as others?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen this complaint a number of times but it's never been the case for me. Some of my shirts from them are 10+ years old now and have yet to ever fall apart. Maybe I'm just not as harsh on my clothes as others?

I know it's fast fashion, but same here. People also says the same from H&M.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. Forever 21 has stores everywhere and they are these massive behemoths that were always sparsely populated. Reminded me of my local JCPenney.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
"as shopping habits changed"
Yeah. The 80s/90s vintage trend (that I really like) sure did some damage to them.

Cant buy Vans there.
Cant buy Adidas track suits there.
Cant buy Nike AF1 there. ...

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised at all. Forever 21 has stores everywhere and they are these massive behemoths that were always sparsely populated. Reminded me of my local JCPenney.
5 or so years ago, they seemed like they were the hot retailer. Was Forever 21's big thing that a girl could go in, and get something to wear for the night for cheap... it just would be kind of a one and done outfit though?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
we really do need a PapaEA image, but with Amazon shooting all these retail companies.

That said, business is fuckin boomin down here in south florida. Malls here are packed even on Monday.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. Our local mall opened a THREE STORY forever 21 in like 2011, it shrunk down to 2 stories only a couple years later. It's probably gonna turn into an H&M lol

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I used to work at Forever 21. They hired a bunch of people and fired a bunch of them (that was hired with me and then some) at the same time and not telling us they were hiring for a seasonal position at the time. They said it was full time so I guess people will work harder.

Their selection was also weak compared to other fast fashion stores like H&M so it's not really that surprising.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Forever 21 usually has stuff I like, but I don't buy clothes enough to go there often. I'll get a one or two items every few years. What I do get lasts me for quite some time.