• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, but they gave him all the ammunition he needed. It's one thing to loot a target (which I dont agree with), it's another thing to loot and burn down minority owned businesses. A lot of these businesses arent working with so much money that they will be able to come back. A lot were already struggling financially with covid. This is exactly how you get masses to turn away from your cause and turn a blind eye to atrocities.

Trump didn't give a shit about either the Target or the minority businesses being burned. He hated how bad it made him loot. If people were turning against this because of a small element of rioters that had nothing to do with peaceful protestors being brutalized, they never supported our movement to begin with and aren't worth getting worried over.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Opportunistic scum. These people absolutely don't care about the cause and are in it for themselves (whether they're anarchists, instigitators, or just people wanting to make a quick buck). Should they be the point of focus amongst all these protests? Absolutely not, but don't give me that bullshit about this type of extremity not hurting anyone.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's opportunistic scum on the outside looking in, but on the inside looking out it's a whole other story. These aren't out of towners doing this.

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled up the police scanner and it's nothing but chasing looters: every two seconds a difference address: CVS, Foot Lockers, Duane Reades, just a bunch of bullshit. Now Bloomingdales and Macy's.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If you're going to loot why not loot a store like Target that has insurance?! All these mom and pop places :(

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This is the kind of fuckshit that makes me freaking angry. They're targeting these stores because they know there won't be any repercussions for it.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This is 100% opportunistic bullshit and it's happening all over. This isn't about Target and Walmart, they'll be fine.

Even here in Chicago small businesses and mom and pop shops got looted and vandalized left and right. A local comic shop was broken into and looted for fucks sake. The Mexican community in Cicero/Berwyn is getting fucked right now and its honestly heartbreaking and sad. It's people's livelihoods, and if Corona didn't shatter it these looters are. There's no way on Earth anyone can come here defending this shit and if you do your either blinded by your own hate or your too far detached from what's actually happening to have a proper grasp.

These looters are taking a just cause and turning everyone against it, either by design or just a side-effect.
yeah, I made post about this in the Chicago thread. This fucked me up today

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Trump didn't give a shit about either the Target or the minority businesses being burned. He hated how bad it made him loot. If people were turning against this because of a small element of rioters that had nothing to do with peaceful protestors being brutalized, they never supported our movement to begin with and aren't worth getting worried over.
They're corrupting the whole protest. Looters and protestors are becoming one in the mind of many. They are destroying people's lives.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Same shit is happening on The Ave in Queens. And as much of the "outside agitators" shit that I keep hearing about other cities, I know that a significant amount of these looters are from here looking for a come up. Times are hard and people don't give a fuck - mom and pop shop or not. Most looters here are indiscriminate.

97_Mentality

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Same shit is happening on The Ave in Queens. And as much of the "outside agitators" shit that I keep hearing about other cities, I know that a significant amount of these looters are from here looking for a come up. Times are hard and people don't give a fuck - mom and pop shop or not. Most looters here are indiscriminate.
source ?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This going on as well too. Gangs having to protect neighborhoods from looters cause there's no police around:

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I just don't understand people.
Destroying the livelihoods of innocent people, to prove what exactly?
What a shitty year 2020 has turned out to be.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
They should be called out on social media when they inevitably show off online.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Damn, a few friends on IG said Bronx was wilding right now but I didn't know it was on that Fordham strip. Damn

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
A lot of minority owned mom and pop shops got looted all over Canal St. and some places in SoHo as well.

It has the Chinese community so scared, they're withdrawing money and safety deposit boxes from TD Bank on Canal St.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
We knew this was coming when the virus hit.

the protests just gave them a reason to start.

I hope there is a way to stop the looting but what incentive do they have to stop? Go get an honest job?

The looting is getting to be constant or is it just me

I also wonder if people Looted the Wall Street protests, my guess is not

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were so many reports of peaceful protests all day in nyc, less cop shittiness than previous days, and then suddenly at like 10pm it turns into absolute madness.

The NYPD is either incapable or unwilling to enforce the curfew. I can't see tomorrow being anything but worse with emboldened opportunists fucking shit up just because they can.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
These are the kind of places that I care about the most. Places like Best Buy and Target will be fine, but the fact that small businesses are being destroyed as well is a massive problem. Alot of these were probably barely hanging on due to COVID and now they are being completely destroyed. And not just the owners either. This affects the employees as well. They won't have anywhere to work tomorrow. People won't have any place to shop tomorrow.

Its just so fucking depressing man. The anger is justified, but destroying and looting these small mom and pop shops like this is definitely not.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is 100% opportunistic bullshit and it's happening all over. This isn't about Target and Walmart, they'll be fine.

Even here in Chicago small businesses and mom and pop shops got looted and vandalized left and right. A local comic shop was broken into and looted for fucks sake. The Mexican community in Cicero/Berwyn is getting fucked right now and its honestly heartbreaking and sad. It's people's livelihoods, and if Corona didn't shatter it these looters are. There's no way on Earth anyone can come here defending this shit and if you do your either blinded by your own hate or your too far detached from what's actually happening to have a proper grasp.

These looters are taking a just cause and turning everyone against it, either by design or just a side-effect.

The Bronzeville area got hit hard with looting and some of the shop owners on the news said they only had liability insurance.

Really sad

Nov 2, 2017
Awful, people all over the country protesting cruelty and injustice while others dish out their own cruelty and injustice to people's shops that are already barely hanging on. These are the people you're supposed to protest for not loot their places of business and livelihood

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This going on as well too. Gangs having to protect neighborhoods from looters cause there's no police around:

Naw fuck that, these POS are just using this as a reason to harass and attack any black person that looks "suspicious" they aren't protecting a damn thing but their own racism.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
My sister lives there I just checked on her and told her to stay safe. This is so counterintuitive

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Awful, people all over the country protesting cruelty and injustice while others dish out their own cruelty and injustice to people's shops that are already barely hanging on. These are the people you're supposed to protest for not loot their places of business and livelihood
There isn't any order in a riot no matter which way you cut it. Unfortunately the good eggs will be overshadowed and mixed in with the bad ones

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I read on r/bestbuy a person post that his/her store was destroyed so bad they might not be back to work for a while. I think destroying large corp stores is a bad idea as it disrupts people's pay checks. What really pisses me off is the mom and pop shops being looted, it's 100% ridiculous to attack small business that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. IMO looting isn't the way to make change happen.