• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
For real. The roadmap itself was already underwhelming.
For them to not even adhere to that, all the while being near silent about it. This silence is deafening.

Yeah it shows either they learnt nothing from launch about how a lack of transparency and achievable goals hurt this game, or they really have been massacred behind the scenes and we haven't heard about it yet.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No puns about it being the real cataclysm smh

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anthem biggest disappointment this year for me. Loved playing the game but with no update shit got old. Still liked it way more the. Division 2, couldn't even finish the campaign in that snooze fest.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Bioware Austin is going to be shackled with the now-skeleton corpse of Anthem while BioWare Montreal gets to wash their hands and go straight to Dragon Age. Maybe they should switch places and BioWare Austin gets to make a game for once since they were trying to warn BioWare Montreal on the pitfalls they learned from SW: TOR, but Montreal was all like, "no we know more than you do, BioWare Magic, piss off C-tier team."
Much like how Dice Los Angeles kept making Battlefield great, I hope BioWare Austin can make Anthem great with fixes they knew about from previous Online-Only Multiplayer game and knowing what content people will want.

Edit: I meant BioWare Edmonton, instead of BioWare Montreal. My mistake.

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I think anyone who paid money for this game should get their money back at this point.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
bio wares silence on this matter means i won't buy shit from them again either (i didn't buy anthem thankfully but used premiere to play). Their management is trash, they refuse to give any update for the games issues. Why should i care about dragon age when its going to be treated in the same crap manor.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
"As somebody once said: There's a difference between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is simply the non-presence of success. Any fool can accomplish failure. But a fee-ass-scoe, a fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions. A fiasco is a folk tale told to others that makes other people feel more alive because. It. Didn't. Happen. To. Them." Orlando Bloom - Elizabethtown.

Oct 25, 2017
And this is why when a developer makes it a point to talk about how transparent they are being, they probably *aren't* actually being transparent.

Thank God I used the 15 dollar deal to play and finish the game. Had I paid 60 bucks for it, I'd be livid.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's pretty telling that they are waiting for E3 to say anything but by then who is going to care?

Actually, one of the things I was wondering about is that EA reduced their days for EA Play in the last few weeks - I wonder if part of that is because what they were going to talk about with Anthem is now on the backburner while they figure out just what they're going to do with it.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I mean I had a feeling this game was going to face plant, but I did not think it would hit the ground this hard. How a game with this cool of a concept and idea fails is pretty bad on EA and Bioware.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I'm going to be optimistic and say that they're dumping Anthem so they can focus all of their efforts on DA4.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
Even Fallout 76 has managed to get updates regularly. Somehow this turned into a bigger disaster.

The best case scenario is that Bioware are making big changes to the game in lieu of sticking to the roadmap (like Artifact). But it feels more likely that they're stuck in manpower or management hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean, the Era OT is getting like 1 post/day. For a 3-month old game. On Era. Do you know how hard it is for a game to die that hard for an Era community to not be able to sustain some meaningful level of interaction?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any of instances of a big name dev not following through with their roadmap like this?

But yeah, BioWare ain't shit no more. Sad this is.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
EA will not XIV this game.
The $$$ it would cost them would never be cool with them.
Yoshi P is something else man

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
Bioware Austin is going to be shackled with the now-skeleton corpse of Anthem while BioWare Montreal gets to wash their hands and go straight to Dragon Age. Maybe they should switch places and BioWare Austin gets to make a game for once since they were trying to warn BioWare Montreal on the pitfalls they learned from SW: TOR, but Montreal was all like, "no we know more than you do, BioWare Magic, piss off C-tier team."
Much like how Dice Los Angeles kept making Battlefield great, I hope BioWare Austin can make Anthem great with fixes they knew about from previous Online-Only Multiplayer game and knowing what content people will want.
Bioware Edmonton. Montreal are the bunch who made Andromeda. They're dead now.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why when a developer makes it a point to talk about how transparent they are being, they probably *aren't* actually being transparent.

Thank God I used the 15 dollar deal to play and finish the game. Had I paid 60 bucks for it, I'd be livid.

Man, all the pre-release gushing people were doing about Bioware's communication was hilarious. Of course they're talking to the community, they're actively trying to build hype and get people to buy their game. Where are they now? When communication is far more important and their feet are to the fire...dead silent. They've completely disappeared for over a month. It's completely unacceptable.

I actually didn't think Bioware could sink lower than Andromeda, but here we are with Anthem, which makes Andromeda look like Mass Effect 2.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Just goes to show that a developer is a lot more than a name. Whatever Bioware once was, they haven't been it for a long time.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
The way BioWare management screwed up the games production they deserve to be sacked .

Feel sorry for all the devs etc that have to deal with incompetent management.

When a game takes 4/5 years just go get a fake demo out it should have been cancelled on the spot .

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feel sorry for the people that got tricked into buying this. Feel even more sorry for the people that had to work on this. What a mess EA and BioWare have been this gen.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks because I think the gameplay itself is pretty fun. It's just everything else that lets it down. How a loot game releases in 2019 without hiring one of the guys that remade Diablo 3's loot is beyond me.
Yeah, hell, I would have loved a sweet single-player game with these mech suits and their gameplay, with a strong story. The concept is great and wasted.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
So which game is a bigger disaster? Anthem or Fallout 76?
Fallout 76 gets weekly maintenance and bi-weekly patches and content updates, besides a well-structured road map for 2019 and beyond.

Probably Anthem, since it's been abandoned. And it's weird. Fallout 76's launch was a total disaster - canvas bag, pretty bad performance, some personal information being leaked. And despite all of that, Bethesda still addressed all those issues and continued to communicate to their audience, to this date. They never went quiet, and that's way more than the complete silence over Anthem for a month now.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
They should give a refund for this sort of thing.

Honestly they should do something. $60+ for a beta is not cool but I don't know if a full refund is the way to go. Everyone perhaps gets Biowarebucks towards the next game if they ever make one but at this point this is the second dumpster fire Bio released so I doubt we will see anything.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
It's a sitting platform with immense potential.

Really hope they do something spectacular at E3. It's in a worse place than D3/FFXIV when they turned it around.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The silence speaks louder and possibly worse then the launch (forced crunch aside). This whole gen has been filled with quite a few success stories of developers turning the ship around after a disastrous launch, hell, THEY Bioware said that was a big part of the plan after the early flubs.

If Fallout76 can turn the ship around to at least the point that the remaining player base is fine and enjoying it and Bethesda made a profit, no reason why Anthem can't hammer at it to make it a somewhat enjoyable experience for the fans that stuck with it even after all the bad buzz

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
If they drop support for Anthem I'll legit never buy another EA game. The last three I got were Battlefront 2, Andromeda and Anthem. It's like the fucking Marx Brothers of launch disasters.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...this game is toast, and I'm really worried about BioWare in general now.
DUVC37rX0AA8v9K.jpg

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
How does one fuck up a game with such an awesome concept.
There are many ways i saw this succeeding. Massive open world, explore and loot for gear with friends or alone.I looked at this as The Division 2 but in the far future or something.
Fucking Mech suits. This alone should enable the game to sell by the bucketloads.
But it takes a special kind of EA to fuck things up. Well done EA. Kindly fuck off EAvand take your yearly updates of scripted Fifa with you.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I mean I had a feeling this game was going to face plant, but I did not think it would hit the ground this hard. How a game with this cool of a concept and idea fails is pretty bad on EA and Bioware.

It was just terrible execution all around. It still sold a ton based on the concept and ideas.

I really think the game would be in a very different state if these two points were cleared:

1) Actual solid launch after the rocky betas. It was kind of ridiculous how many S rank bugs persisted post-launch.

2) Interesting loot at the end game. I don't know whose idea it was to not try and create a 'unique/exotic' tier of loot and instead thought they could get away with Legendary weapons being simple skins of previous guns.

Better execution on these two points would have went a long way in my opinion.