• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna surprise you but there are people who want to watch the entire show on one sitting and aren't thinking about Disney+'s retention numbers.

Well those people can simply wait for the show to wrap up to do that. Some shows it's better to release it weekly, WandaVision is one of them.

Also I recall some people in the OT saying it was a mistake to not make it a binge series because of the show's supposed slow start, but clearly that was wrong.

This Feige guy seems to have pretty good instincts for Marvel TV shows. Maybe one day they'll let him produce a movie.

Ooh that'd be a great idea

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People were supposed to lose interest after Infinity War! How could you follow up with that downer ending?

People were supposed to lose interest after Civil War! It's Box Office Legs indicated so!

People were supposed to lose interest after Age of Ultron! It was a mediocre follow up to Avengers!

People were supposed to lose interest after Avengers! Marvel can never strike that success again and they'll have too many characters to follow after this one!

People were supposed to lose interest after Iron Man 1! A sarcastic lovable jerk in a tin costume works cause it's cool. Nobodies gonna think a giant green monster, a Norse god with a hammer, and an old American propaganda character can work!

Here's to Marvel always moving those fatigue benchmarks lol!

Certain people thinking Endgame would gross less than Infinity War was some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And people wanted the MCU to take a break (which I guess it technically did just not on purpose but that's besides the point).

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Some of us thought the new MCU would kickstart with the Eternals

But it was Wanda, it was Wanda all along!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Have to figure that if this type of success continues, they'd have to consider hybrid releases for Marvel movies? Right?
Feige is the architect of the success and says "no"

Can't make a billion dollars at the box office if people can catch it at home on a free trial or whatever. Besides Trolls World Tour, has anything had a successful streaming launch anyway?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I think it's safe to say by now that Star Wars and Marvel will be absolutely huge in the TV space.

I will say that I don't know if WandaVision has broken through on a cultural level the way Mandalorian did, but it's a different set of circumstances.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
While I have no doubt the show is huge and a massive success-never trust any of these articles where the source of the data is "Parrot Analytics". There is no legitimacy to their analytics-its all guesswork and for some reason people takes them seriously because it allows them to write clickbait articles with a sus source.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna surprise you but there are people who want to watch the entire show in one sitting and aren't thinking about Disney+'s retention numbers.
That option becomes available on March 5th.

Weekly format will always be better than binging. The speculation and discussion is worth it
Agreed, and not just online. I've enjoyed speculating with friends, too, and I don't have to worry about everyone being at a different point in the show.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's really good.

The only things that the people I talk with about it that we'd like changed are like..."Episodes 1 and 2 could have been 1 hour long episode with a good split in the middle", "Mork and Mindy would have been a better base than the Brady Bunch", "Some of the easter egg pans are a little too quick".

But we have no ACTUAL complaints thus far. They made me like the annoying girl from Thor. That takes a lot.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
There is something to be said for having time to think about an episode, absorb the events that happened, and spend a week in conjecture about what's going to happen next. I really miss sitting around the lunch table at the office talking about last night's episode of whatever.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It's legit good. Not surprised. I was one of those like wtf is this shit. The first official extended trailer had me interested.

Now I'm hooked.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There is something to be said for having time to think about an episode, absorb the events that happened, and spend a week in conjecture about what's going to happen next. I really miss sitting around the lunch table at the office talking about last night's episode of whatever.
Yeah it's become an weekly major event in my house on Friday's. I make dinner and we watch it together. One week we were free earlier in the day and I suggested watching it at noon but my daughter insisted it has to be saved to be watched at night. The entire family loves it and we're thrilled we have a long schedule in front of us with a Friday event.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The numbers also grow because people hear about something popular and they want to get in on the cultural moment of that week-to-week social experience. With a binge format I think people are more likely to just add it to their watch list and put it on the back burner because there is no weekly discourse where things are still developing and everyone is on the same page.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Good.

Something the fatigue people seem to forget is that superheroes always have and always will thrive when the world is in dark places.

They were there to lift people up during the Great Depression and WW2. They're here to lift people up during Iraq, 9/11, Trump, COVID, etc.

If people want superhero fatigue to actually happen, nothing quicker would cause it than governments across the world being so competent and amazing that left wing policies cause the gap between rich & poor to loosen up and most people to be not only out of poverty but with no worries and peak happiness.

If people are actually happy and positive and don't have worries, there's little need for superhero escapism.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
It's an awesome show. It's really demonstrating that MCU content can be varied and interesting. I'm pretty excited for the other D+ shows in the pipeline.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
bUt ThEy ShOuLd JuSt ReLeAsE iT AlL aT oNcE.
EuGfo3OVIAMSww8
They should. Every episode feels like 5 minutes long. More things need to happen.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's become an weekly major event in my house on Friday's. I make dinner and we watch it together. One week we were free earlier in the day and I suggested watching it at noon but my daughter insisted it has to be saved to be watched at night. The entire family loves it and we're thrilled we have a long schedule in front of us with a Friday event.
Yeah, I did the same thing last night. I was busy most of the day, and then wrapping things up at 5:00, and I'm like "Oh, shit, new episode of WandaVision!" and hurried up dinner.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
This makes the alt-right morons thinking Disney will "suffer consequences" for firing that asshole laughable

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun show. My son and I are watching it every Friday.
Works great on weekly release. Gives so much space to actually talk about a show instead of binge and move on.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I will bring cups next week

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weekly releases are absolutely the way to play it. This is still driving interest over a month in- people forget about whole series dumps after a week.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Fatigue is happening after this one for sure

Nope.

comicbook.com

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier Viewer Anticipation Tracked To Be Over 200% Higher Than The Mandalorian

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is currently tracking to be more anticipated than The [...]

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is currently tracking to be more anticipated than The Mandalorian according to some recent findings. TV Time is a movie and entertainment tracking platform that dove into the numbers. They discover that the viewer anticipation is hovering over 200% of what it was for the Star Wars show at a similar point from release. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier also leads the same anticipation rate for WandaVision in the same time period by 43%.

tumblr_mllvmdUArn1s5tpmio1_400.gif

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I could never get interested in what I watched of the show, too much fluff that failed to be compelling

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
And people wanted the MCU to take a break (which I guess it technically did just not on purpose but that's besides the point).

I think Covid was the best thing to happen to the MCU after Endgame/Far From Home. It gave everyone a "break" from the MCU. Instead of leading 2020 with Black Widow which looks like it would have been a "more of the same" style film, we came back with WV which has been very different from what's come before.

And before people jump down my throat, I'm sure if covid hadn't happened BW would have done very well. I think nothing stops the marvel train at this point. I just think the buzz WV has gotten is really big, and depending upon how it ends will be a crazy strong hook for the future of the MCU.

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket and Groot was the point at which people should have stopped doubting Marvel Studios. I'll be generous and extend that to Ant-Man MAYBE. Now, they just look stupid when they keep doing it.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't want to make this thread a Marvel vs DC thread...

But at this point I actually feel bad that Marvel can literally make a fucking black and white sitcom starting it's superhero characters and make it a hit while WB couldn't make it to two movies without making Wonder Woman a boyfriend obsessed potential rapist in what was supposed to be a standard WW vs Cheetah movie...

Like, it's not even funny anymore...