• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Gosh, if only Sony made their own quality exclusives and had some kind of answer to this newfangled streaming technology people keep talking about!

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Gosh, if only Sony made their own quality exclusives and had some kind of answer to this newfangled streaming technology people keep talking about!

lol yeah. I don't think PS Now is good enough to be a Stadia competitor as-is, but it's kind of ridiculous how people count PS out of the streaming wars when they're currently the biggest player in the space.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
One that always shocks me is Sony made more money last year with PS4 then it did for the entire Ps2 generation.

Gotta be the attach rate + digital adoption, it really is a money printing machine. PS2 was a cultural juggernaut with minimal competiton, so to see Sony taking in exponentially more money today with a healthy Nintendo and a recovering/stable MS is pretty noteworthy as well

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Dude got y'all shitting on Nintendo for nothing lol. Those contributors sure know how to rally the troops.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gotta be the attach rate + digital adoption, it really is a money printing machine. PS2 was a cultural juggernaut with minimal competiton, so to see Sony taking in exponentially more money today with a very healthy Nintendo and a recovering/steady MS is pretty noteworthy as well
Yeah exactly, Ps2 was the best selling console of all time and trounced the competition yet even with a decent selling xbox and a just as strong selling as PS4 Switch, Sony still made more money in one year then their best 5/6 years at the top.

Shows how much bigger the industry is and how much revenue streams have changed.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm heavily emotionally invested in Sony as a company and their products as a lifestyle, so the title of this article really offends me. I won't even read it but I'm sure it's outlining some garbage strategy that Sony should never even consider. Lol forbes contributor. Get a real job!
People here have become outrageously offended over stuff like this. Developer gives option to take minorities and women out of a game. MUTE

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Sony's going to forget how to use the internet?

tenor.gif

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
My doomed sense is going haywire right now, someone /something must be getting doomed right now

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People here have become outrageously offended over stuff like this. Developer gives option to take minorities and women out of a game. MUTE
I see what you're trying to do and it's not working. That shitty developer got a lot of backlash even on this forum, so that shitty post you just made was for nothing. The fact that you even suggested people around here were mute on that issue says enough about you. You only notice what you wanna notice when it's convenient for you and your narrative.

14 pages in this thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...ith-q-a-with-devs.126737/page-9#post-22406220

And they opened another thread about the same topic

4 pages in this thread that we're in now

Nice try

Last edited:

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Only things I see sony needs to do is backwards compatibility in some form and a better subscription service, even tho psnow letting downloads now gave it a push.

Everything else, just maintain and expand.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I'm still wondering what Sony is going to offer next-gen that wouldn't seem like PS4 part 2.

Even MS is branching off into different parts of gaming, and it looks like it's the right approach on their end while Nintendo has a lock on whatever they're doing.

WTF is Sony going to offer anyone of interest besides brand recognition?

Games... exclusively for their platform.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see what you're trying to do and it's not working. That shitty developer got a lot of backlash even on this forum, so that shitty post you just made was for nothing. The fact that you even suggested people around here were mute on that issue says enough about you. You only notice what you wanna notice when it's convenient for you and your narrative.

14 pages in this thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...ith-q-a-with-devs.126737/page-9#post-22406220

And they opened another thread about the same topic

4 pages in this thread that we're in now

Nice try
Personally still dont like how the original was buried

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The only reason why Sony's future seems uncertain is that we don't know what they have in store for us yet.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Crazy statement, SONY will be fine doing what they do (AAA Story production) I don't know why SONY would want to be Nintendo. You had that round with Playstation Move, I'm a VR guy but you got to see how Nintendo handled VR.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory generalizations (based on system wars rhetoric)
That Forbes contributor must visit Era a lot. The quickest way to offend members on here is to compare the "big boyz" to Nintendo. Sony games validates a lot people's manhood here. Notice how quickly this thread started bashing Nintendo as if this was a personal attack lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh how about no.
They are massively successful. They don't have the Disney-like evergreen IP like Nintendo does to excuse bullshit online services or hardware that stays behind the curve.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
That Forbes contributor must visit Era a lot. The quickest way to offend members on here is to compare the "big boyz" to Nintendo. Sony games validates a lot people's manhood here. Notice how quickly this thread started bashing Nintendo as if this was a personal attack lol.
It's a very entertaining thread indeed.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
For the past three gens I have used their Console for mostly exclusives. So at least me nothing has changed.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
[Forbes Contributor] as a prefix for titles, gives me about the same expectations as "Michael Pachter" did in the past. Just a loud, provocative claim which takes a short-sighted snapshot of the industry and projects it into the middle to long term future.
Great for getting clicks, not so useful as actual analysis.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
Maybe a brand strategy that's not built on gimmicks or chsing market trends but good exclusive games. Idk though ...

So, PS4 Pt. 2?

Rest assured, if they're not innovating or trying something to maintain their casual userbase, next-gen won't be that nice for them.

Granted, I assume they are looking to chase market trends.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, "streaming" is going to take the world by storm next gen in the gaming arena. Stadia is going to blow up, and Microsoft will be there to say "I told you so" like it's 2013 again.

If the US isn't a factor in any of this, then sure. Otherwise, not a chance with the current infrastructure.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Sony could learn a few things from Nintendo (Like how to pace a Nintendo direct), but Sony is the default house for all third party games, plus their own exclusives, so they will be more than fine.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
So, PS4 Pt. 2?

Rest assured, if they're not innovating or trying something to maintain their casual userbase, next-gen won't be that nice for them.

Granted, I assume they are looking to chase market trends.

But chasing market trends has only ever turned out to lead to short term success. Sony are in this for the long haul. They might try a few things here and there, but they have a very clear core business. And looking at the numbers it seems to work for them.

This intrinsic need for "innovation" in this industry is just so grating, when all it ever turns out to be is fad after fad after fad, while the core business remains evolution.