• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Did you ever grow up on CBBC Shows such as Bamzooki,Raven,50/50,Tracy Beaker,Basil Brush,etc?

• Yes

Votes: 136 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 24.9%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
For UK ERA, i was wondering if you ever growed up on Early to mid 2000 CBBC Shows. I would like to know pepole's thoughts on them as well as any nostalgia towards them.

Bamzooki
MV5BMDdlZjJkOGItZTc4ZC00YTA5LWJkNDMtNDRiM2E1M2M2NTUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY0MzgwMTc@._V1_.jpg

50/50
p01lcg1h.jpg

Raven:
raven_s11_logo_new.png

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
I'd completely forgotten about Bamzooki. Watched them all though, Raven was the best.
They aired over in Ireland too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
50/50 and Basil Brush I probably watched the most, I remember thinking Tracy Beaker was quality at the time but barely watched it since it's the sorta thing I'd want to watch from the start

Was Bamzooki the weird thing where they overlayed early CG onto a table? I thought that was hokey even back then

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
50/50 and Basil Brush I probably watched the most, I remember thinking Tracy Beaker was quality at the time but barely watched it since it's the sorta thing I'd want to watch from the start

Was Bamzooki the weird thing where they overlayed early CG onto a table? I thought that was hokey even back then
Yep it was

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I watched all that.

Had the Basil Brush puppet, litteraly the one teddy type thing from my childhood I still got actually.

My sister also had all the Tracy Beaker episodes on DvD. This was just before the 2010's were boys still couldn't admit to watching a show or film with a girl protagonist so I didn't tell anyone I watched it. Then when I got to an adult I brought it up with some mates of mine I've known since high school and they said all watched it as well.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I'm old. It was the wide awake club, WAC a day and Why don't you for me. I also miss singing in the shower.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Also this (although looking it up, it was made a couple of years before I was born, but the "look and read" stuff was still going in my primary school with it when I was young.)

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm too old for those except Basil Brush who has been around since before I was born.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
God no, I had cable. CBBC? More like... Cringe... British Broadcasting... Cringe.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
50/50 after school

Basil Brush and Dic and Dom in the bungalow on weekends

Raven whenever i'd get the chance to catch it!

Simpler times

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was in the sweet spot where I grew up with great '90s shows like Art Attack and caught some of the best 2000's stuff.

Same goes for Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, was great being in the age demo for both Dexter's Lab and Foster's Home as they were happening.

I mean I'll say they were ahead of their time, at the very least

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
GO GO DICK AND DOM
in da bungalow!

goat children's TV chaos, those guys were off the chain

tenor.gif

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I made an American watch an episode of Bernard's Watch once, to them it was apparently like watching something from an alien civilization

God help them if they ever bare witness to Brum
God, Brum. I remember my dad taking me to the Transport Museum in Glasgow when I was a kid and I didn't give a shit about anything except that I saw Brum.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
did anyone ever watch Jeopardy? The show that about kids who went to the outback on a school trip looking for aliens and a bunch of them go missing and get poisoned and abducted by aliens etc etc.

Shit was better than Lost.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Remember watching a lot of Tracy Beaker and Basil Brush. Chucklevision and Dic and Dom was my main thing I fondly remember from BBC though, fucking loved those shows when I was younger. Most of the rest would be cartoons.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Watched a bit of Raven, Tracy, Basil and 50/50.
I think I watched more of Bear in the big blue house, Chucklevision and the Tweenies.

EDypbW-XoAANaID.jpg

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nope, way too late for me. The stuff I grew up on was mostly 70s shows ...

Animal magic
Bagpuss
Captain Pugwash
Catweasle
Clangers
How
Ivor The Engine
Ludwig
Magic Roundabout
Mr Benn
Skylark
Paddington
Perishers
Robert's Robots
Roobarb
Secret Garden
Take Hart
Tiswas (OBVIOUSLY!)
Tomorrow People
Vision On
Wombles
Worzel Gummidge

Blatantly obvious that the people who made half this stuff were on drugs lol.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
did anyone ever watch Jeopardy? The show that about kids who went to the outback on a school trip looking for aliens and a bunch of them go missing and get poisoned and abducted by aliens etc etc.

Shit was better than Lost.

YES, I was just about to post this, that show was fucking weird and trippy as hell, I don't remember it getting a conclusion though, did it get canceled?

Edit: reading the link you posted, turns out it did get an ending, I'll have to look those up one day.

God, just reading about it brings back memories, that red eye virus shit was creepy as hell.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
May the luck of the Raven's Eye be with you

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Yes, I grew up with all of them and I find it so nostalgic to see them mentioned again after all these years.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Who remembers The Queen's Nose?

Fantastic show - have always wanted an orchestrated longer version of that theme.

Who remembers Aquila?
Another brilliant show, I loved the designs and how they worked out the buttons and learned Latin in order to speak to the ship, then it turned out it was merely a shuttle craft/escape pod of a far larger mother-ship orbiting the sun.

How 2 was also my jam.

Love Gareth, Carol and Fred. Gareth ended up partnered to Violet Berlin of Bad Influence fame - wonder if she has an account on Era?

Overall all great shows. Those and including these;

Ship to Shore (which guest starred a young Heath Ledger at one point)
Round the Twist
All seasons of The Demon Headmaster
The Fiddly Foodle Bird (with narration by Brucie)
Bananaman
Maid Marian and her Merry Men

Bonus CITV shout-outs to:
Knightmare
Reboot