• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Great. It means my son is back in daycare and I can "relax" for a little bit now. Still have the 8 month old at home but that's easier to handle.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
judge-judy-laptop.gif

Checking my emails

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I skipped the holidays this year, spent them buying/selling my home, and it's been irritating how slow and unavailable everything and everyone has been because of the holidays. I'm ready for people to go the fuck back to work so that I can get this shit over with. I start class today too and I'm ready to not be bored during the Covid holidays and actually have something mentally stimulating to do.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Back today after having last week off. No real immediate emails and haven't been pinged on Teams yet. It helps that the entire company was off so I am hoping for a chill day.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm off until tomorrow and right now I'm mostly just lamenting not being able to play FFXIV during the day for the rest of the week.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just kill me. First day I had to get my 1 year old ready by myself and drive her to my in-laws (my wife is a teacher who is out the door by 6:30) so that was a very chaotic morning. Forgot my lunch, have a mountain of work waiting for me, taking a shit in company time because I'm not ready to face it.

Totally worth having last week off through, felt like a surreal week lost to time where nothing was urgent and we just did whatever we wanted and got takeout every night, it was great

Chaofahn

Nov 16, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm still off until the 10th, so will try to use that time wisely. Not looking forward to the new year of work, and a bit anxious in having to readjust and rework my way around a new job.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a freelancer and I actually worked almost every day over the past 2 weeks, just not as many hours per day. But I did everything I had hanging over me and now none of my clients have any assignments for me. So I guess I'll just play RE2make and wait for work to come in as my clients all return to their offices.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm going to be putting in my three-weeks notice today. I realized over the past couple of months that I really need some time to myself and the two weeks I got for winter vacation just weren't enough (plus, I feel that I'm undervalued and underpaid, and additionally we also have to come into the office despite this being a software development job).

My plan is to leave by the end of January then take 3-4 months off before reentering the workforce in springtime.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got pulled into an issue call at 9 AM on the dot so it's looking like a fun day back.

...I'm also getting my booster tonight so I'm just hoping I am back for more than a day.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck me I worked for 2 hours this morning before realizing my new job observes New Years holiday on January 3rd.

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
I am so fucking drained. My week and a half off wasn't enough. My job was killing me before coming back and not looking forward to go back to work again creating content I don't care about.

With my health issues though, I need to keep working until I can figure out my LPR. Really don't see myself working at this start-up anymore after Q1. My stress level is always so high and I can't find the motivation anymore to continue. I really need an easier, less time-consuming job that gives me the flexibility to improve my graphic design and video editing skills until those are good enough where I can start freelancing.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I scheduled my booster yesterday, felt fine today and came in....all the regret I'm exhausted. Going to try to take off a bit early though.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
They give you a new title? Because it would look great on the resumes I'd be sending out right after that
Yeah they did. I actually had a chat with my boss today about all of it. I'm so… just done.

WTF?! Can you go back to your prior position?

No, but that was something I did ask about. I'm just going to take the title and like the other poster said, it'll look great on my resume.

My boss put in for a much higher increase and just got shot down across the board. So what he wants to do is basically get me promoted again in 6 months and try to get me "right" when the next promotion happens. But they wouldn't pay me properly NOW. I would have to be a fucking moron to believe they'll do the right thing in 6 months with even more money. I was even told that if I found another job they WOULD counter offer me so that would be a way to get paid. Why the fuck are you going to make me do that in the first place? Why would I even stay after that? That's the company knowingly and willingly saying "yeah we know we could and should pay you more, but we won't. Wtf are you gonna do? Leave? Oh you're leaving? Please stay! We will give you more money!"

I just had Lasik surgery and I wish I'd just held on to the money just in case finding something else is difficult. I hate this so much.

Last edited:

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I have a work day tomorrow and students are back on Wednesday. I fully expect to have Covid by Sunday and be out at least a week.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I've always logged a day or two before I have to go back in, just to see what I'm in for. Even if its bad I seem to sleep better the night before I know the shits gonna hit the fan...

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm off until tomorrow and right now I'm mostly just lamenting not being able to play FFXIV during the day for the rest of the week.

For real, back to work today but I have alt jobs to level damnit!

Thankfully not super terrible so far, but still digging through my inbox, or trying to find the will to do so atleast.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a freelancer and I actually worked almost every day over the past 2 weeks, just not as many hours per day. But I did everything I had hanging over me and now none of my clients have any assignments for me. So I guess I'll just play RE2make and wait for work to come in as my clients all return to their offices.

Update - I have a call with a client in an hour. Guess I'll savor this last hour of videogames.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'm a teacher, so I already had off. That being said, I did not look forward to arriving here again.

I lucked out today, however. Literally 3 kids in my class today. It's beautiful!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
'Welcome back and Happy New Year'
:immediately hears the sound of someone leaving the Zoom meeting:

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I had 4 vacation days to burn so I took off the 27th through the 30th. Friday was so slow it was like another day off. Coming back today was pretty easy though.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
First news on the first day back in the office and so many people are sick from covid today. More than half our noc is out sick so the guys left have to work 12 hour shifts. The noc's manager and director are out sick. My product owner is sick and getting tested. The VP of our department is out sick with covid. That's only who we know of so far.

All these people have been going into the office. The noc is in there everyday but everyone else was only going in once or twice a week and have their own office. There is no way I'm going back in that office.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
My inboxes are full and people need things from me and I'm just not feeling it today LMAO
Arghh it's hard to get into the right mode today for sure.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I was even told that if I found another job they WOULD counter offer me so that would be a way to get paid. Why the fuck are you going to make me do that in the first place? Why would I even stay after that? That's the company knowingly and willingly saying "yeah we know we could and should pay you more, but we won't. Wtf are you gonna do? Leave? Oh you're leaving? Please stay! We will give you more money!"

I

Oh FUCK no. Run for the hills.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Still working from home, but we will be starting a "trial office" return soon. Once a week for now…everyone still prefers to keep working from home.

But this was planned before Omicron months ago and it feels like this may be delayed given things are going.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Was dreading it all day yesterday and headed in today (even though it was so cold)... it was so empty and the wifi wasn't working properly for an hour.

Maybe I should've worked from home, but oh wells. I'm here, so it'll be easier for me to head in the rest of the week.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Took PTO from 12/22 until the New Year. Couldn't sleep at all last night. Honestly depressed to be back.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Sleep schedule is fucked so today sucks. I work from home so I'm just glad my GF is off the next few days so we can have sex during my lunch breaks.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I have to see the girl who dumped me right before Christmas every single day. Don't shit where you eat folks.