• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was a lot of times when a kid where I got barely anything for Christmas, but was still grateful to.

Even as an adult, I don't get much, but my family decided to do a bit more this year.

I got a dashcam for my car, a book (The Book of Disquiet by Pessoa), a shaving kit, an alumni hoodie for my college and a few sweaters. Also Cyberpunk on PC as an early present.

I think the best part of Christmas is the dinner. We're keeping it simple, a little meat and a few sides, but I'm making a spiced cheesecake with chocolate ganache. Already have pecan pie, chocolate cake for my brother and some cinnamon rolls.

What have you all gotten? Even if it isn't much, it's something.

Merry Christmas! ;p

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a good Christmas for me. I got a book I already had and for some reason a tire gauge.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4ykegxs.jpg

A Tolkien art book I've had on my wishlist for ages,
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening HD
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
A cute little Owlbear tchotchke for my desk.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest gift was a propane grill. I already have a charcoal one, but the propane one will be nice to have as well. I live alone so I rarely feel like going through the trouble and using up all that charcoal to cook just for myself.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't a good Christmas for me. I got a book I already had and for some reason a tire gauge.
Did they explain the tire gauge? lmao

My family sometimes jokes where if someone forgets something at the fam house, we wrap it up and give it back to them. My sister forgot some old sandals here last Christmas, so I wrapped them up and sent them back to her with the rest of her presents lol.
Toaster

And electric kettle
Appliances are underrated Christmas presents. Got my mom a humidifier for her room and my sister got a dehydrator.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Did they explain the tire gauge? lmao

My family sometimes jokes where if someone forgets something at the fam house, we wrap it up and give it back to them. My sister forgot some old sandals here last Christmas, so I wrapped them up and sent them back to her with the rest of her presents lol.
It's one of those gifts that you'll see in a tin can in Target next to men's clothes. It's supposed to be "manly gifts" and my wife just assumed I would like it. There's like a cheap light and a tire gauge in the tin can.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing :(

family just stopped doing gifts when i got older. I dont even get birthday presents but i appreciate the family time and my family is supportive throughout the year anyway. I may get like $100 cash at best lol

still, i miss the magic of having gifts under the tree

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
A pair of some sweet hiking boots, hoodie, socks.
Pretty happy as my old hiking boots were ready to have a hole warn in the sole any day now.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
From myself:
-Coat
-Fitness mirror
-Briefcase
-Ski trip package for myself and The Boy
-Toothbrush

From not myself:
-Several cookbooks
-Smartlight
-Watch travel case
-Massage gun

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Two cliff bars, a pack of Lindt Lindor white chocolates, a wildlife calendar, socks, and an orange.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
A nice bird feeder, I like having wildlife in the yard. Also a coffee of the month subscription from a local place. I bought myself a PS5.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Secret Santa haul: Red knit beanie with a Rudolph decoration on top, facial cleanser, candle, $10 gift card, cute cup and straw combo from Etsy
Silver and diamond ring
$25 gift card
Candy (Lindt chocolates, huge candy cane stick)
Mystery item that has yet to arrive in the mail. đź‘€

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
A ton of games
$100
Clothes

Most of the stuff that I also got that I would count for Christmas is from Black Friday lol

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got to watch my granddaughter have an incredible first Christmas. She's still young (6 mo) but she had a blast. Her smile is better than any material gift ever could be.
Sorry to be all sappy but I'm old and my priorities have shifted 🤷🏽‍♂️

Every year for as long as I can remember I get an orange. "It's tradition". Now you know as much as I do lol.
This is awesome and if you believe in Sopranos lore then someone is about to die.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I got more than a few gift cards for the eshop and went a wee bit ham.

- Immortals: Fenyx Rising
- Hand of Fate 2
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light
- Labyrinth of Refrain
- Lapis x Labyrinth
- The Caligula Effect
- A Short Hike
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
- Children of Zodiarcs
- Rhythm of the Gods
- Project Diva Megamix DLC Bundle 2

On the non-gaming side, I got a new purse, a custom bracelet, a couple of cocoa sets with new mugs, new slippers, a nutcracker, and SuperM's latest album.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My grandma got me the sweatpants I wanted, my mom got me an Amazon card, Chicago Bears daily calendar for work, and a 7 pack of hot sauce dress socks. Then my dad got me some STL Blues clothes and a Nike hoodie. Nothing huge because I end up buying that stuff for myself anyway, and as adults we've all agreed to not go crazy anymore. I'm happy!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
$50 Mondo gift card and...some other stuff I guess? Not sure as I'm not celebrating with friends or family this year.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Stand out stuff is a bunch of hot sauces, some AD&D originals, some gnarly space books.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Oculus Quest 2
Breath From Salt (A book on the struggles for years to find a "miracle drug" for Cystic Fibrosis, which I suffer from, and the eventual creation of the modulator medications by Vertex. Yes, these meds are miracles for us.)
A couple pieces of clothes
Some cash (which I promptly put towards a Secret Lab Omega chair)

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got the external battery I asked for (Anker 20100 mAh that can charge my phone and fit in my Switch case) and a 1TB m.2 ssd from my partner's roommate. Parents got me some clothes that I don't hate so that's good, haha. I ended up buying myself some games from the Steam sale and 13 Sentinels on sale for $30 at Best buy. No complaints here.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Skulls. lots of skulls. Skull stickers. Skull lip bombs. Skull Nail polish. Large tapestry of a skeleton. Skull Necklace. Skull Leggings. Everyone assumes I like skulls...which I mean yeah true. $100 Amazon gift card. Killstar gift card. Cool graphic pen display. Xbox Gift card. A Coffin shaped shelf. And a shit ton of chocolate.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I got some gift cards, and some boxes of Halloween Froot Loops (a joke from when I was a kid).

Also I'm probably buying a few Switch games on sale so that too maybe.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got some leftover Cane's I forgot I had in the fridge, and then I got to lie in bed all day.

Gave some good gifts tho, got my mom Claire Saffitz's Dessert Person and my best friend a Xbox One S (they're firmly locked in to not caring about next gen or IQ and still have a 1080p display).

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I'll go person by person because it helps me remember, lol.

From my parents:
A cool gaming piece of art for my game room
Death & Company Cocktail book
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Foot stool I asked for to go under my desk (permanent work from home now)
Calico board game
Pair of Nick & Nora glasses
375 Ml bottle of Fernet Branca

From my brother:
Set of copper mugs

From my in laws:
$50 PSN card

From my wife:
Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion board game
Wavelength board game
Cocktail Codex book
Liquid Intelligence book
Set of Coupe glasses

I was pretty thrilled with what I got this year. Its gotten harder in recent years to know what to ask for as I've gone all digital on movies, music, and books while I've gone mostly digital on games (I'm 100% digital on Playstation, probably 75% digital on Switch only buying single player games which I'll play and then be mostly done with physical, and 50% on Xbox). Hence why so much of what I got falls into very specific categories (cocktail books, the only books I don't read digital, glassware, board games)

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza Like A Dragon Day Ichi Edition
Super Mario Odyssey
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
Jotun Valhalla Edition
Nioh 2 plus Season Pass
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel IV Digital Deluxe Edition
$100 and $50 PSN cards used to buy the last three games in the list
Sex with my gf tonight

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
3tb hdd for my pc, hdmi switch and usb switch to make work from home much easier, dual arm hydraulic monitor mounts, new logitech headset, logitech mouse, shop vac, under desk pedals and a router to go in our cnc machine.