• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Got 3 PS5 Disc Pre orders, one for me (Pickup @ 6am @ Best Buy), my friend (PS Direct) and my partner (Target) so I was playing launch day. Helped 2 more friends find PS5's as well via Wario notifications and luck.

Didn't try or look for anything else but I could've gotten XBSX or S when they went up for preorder too, after making it to the final checkout screen for shits and giggles.

And no bots used here, just staying up late, Wario64 and following leads when they popped up.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I never planned to get a next gen system, then magically took a good old late-night shit just when the PS5 pre-orders went live on amazon and now I'm very happy with the console.
The lord truly works in mysterious ways y'all.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I went to a Gamestop that was like 3-5 minutes away right after the PS5 presentation in September and they were taking pre-orders even though they weren't supposed to go up until the next day. I decided to wait on upgrading my current GPU (1070) so I didn't try to get any of the 30xx cards.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm in the USA and was able to grab 5 PS5 systems, 3 Xbox series X and 3 Xbox series S pretty easily thanks to Wario64 on Twitter. All but a PS5 and a XSX were for friends that paid me MSRP for them. I got a 2070 Super not to long ago so I held off on a 3070/3080.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I ended up with multiples of everything by using a combination of discord/twitter notifications and being as fast as I can. Stopped buying GPUs a while ago though.

Seven 3080/3090 GPU, Six PS5 ,Two Xbox Series X and an Xbox Series S

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Bought a 3080 and 3090 upon release. Sold both and bought another 3090.

Managed to get 2x ps5 upon release.

Was quite lucky I guess, but my F5 button took a beating.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
PS5, Series X, Series S and 3090 success. Although they're all for work but still.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped in on a Walmart pre-order back in Sep. Was a pain in the ass dealing with the errors and site traffic just checking out, but after like 40m of page refreshes to complete checkout, I got a PS5.

XSX I also put an order in through MS direct at its Nov 10 launch. Wasn't fulfilled until just before Xmas, but it came.

3080 lol. I gave up after endless attempts and frustration. I have nothing but disdain for that launch handling.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got a PS5, Series X, 5800x, and 3080 this year. So I did pretty good.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Ordered it 8minutes after i got an email that they were available (3080) and the next day i had it.

Eslayer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
-preordered a PS5 from Target in Sept
-FedEx lost the package and Target refunded me
-After a week of trying again I secured one from BestBuy for in store pickup
-6 days later I went to BestBuy to pick it up

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 3070 from Microcenter.
Gifted a friend a Series S pre-order from Best Buy.

Both were just happenstance, I wasn't going out of my way to find them.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I was really really fortunate tbh.

When the PS5 conference ended (the one with the price and release date reveal, I was fortunate enough to be off. That meant that when tweets started coming out that there was a chance preorders would be that day, I was able to stay in the PS5 preorder thread and keep an eye out for anything that might happen. I had a spidey sense tell me to make a Walmart account and fill out my CC info just in case, and fortunately someone posted the link to the Walmart preorders not so long after that. It took a few minutes (maybe 5 I think) where it kept refusing my security code, but it ended up taking it, and something like 20 minutes after making that account I had the confirmed order. Lol I remember when it said Order Successful I didn't quite believe it until my phone rang and I got an email - both from my card company alerting me of the transaction.

I'm honestly really really glad and thankful though. After the mess that this year has been I'd resolved that that'd be the one thing I'd try and treat myself to this year, and to manage to get one on first asking was a massive relief. I really love the PS5 thus far, but I don't think I'd want to preorder another console again. All the waiting for tiny bits of info, the worrying if it'd be possible to get a preorder, and the luck involved was a bit much for me, and I recognize I've had it much much MUCH easier than many others.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Got a PS5 and Series X at launch without too much hassle.

Decided to delay my PC build until the 40 Series cards. With the pandemic stretching into 2021, I'm not expecting the 30 Series to be easily attainable until Summer at the earliest, and at that point I'd rather wait for what comes next.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to get a XSX, PS5 digital will arrive when it's easily available

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Got a Series X day 1 even if I pre ordered it days later after they opened. Probably because I got it via All Access, seems it had a separate allotment.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
Got a PS5 preorder back in September from Best Buy that came in two days after release. Ended up defective, but found out Best Buy actually had limited stock in their stores specifically for exchanges.

Broke down and bought a Series X off as scalper on Facebook a couple days ago. Spent $600 which I justified as not much of a markup since I paid about $550 for my PS5 after taxes. Still feel a little dirty about buying from a scalper though.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps5, XSX, and a 3080 for my brother. Also got 3 additional ps5s after launch for another brother, cousin. And nephew, and a second series x for a co worker.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I got very lucky and was able to get on the very first wave of PS5 preorders at Best Buy. People in my Discord chat were right on top of it and providing links the moment anything went up.

Only the second time I've ever gotten a console right at launch. The other was the PS4.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Didn't manage to get a PS5 but that has created the space for me to think about whether I really want to jump in to another closed system generation. I decided to play through my PS4 backlog and focus on building a gaming PC this next year.

Ryoku

Oct 28, 2017
I was actually able to grab a 3090 fairly easily shortly after release. I randomly refreshed my Newegg search tab and saw the exact model I wanted in stock (Asus ROG Strix OC) although in a bundle with a mobo. I ended up selling the mobo to a friend since I had been planning on building a small form-factor PC, and that mobo was standard ATX size.
Now the CPU (Ryzen 9 5950X) was actually pretty difficult to man 😂

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I had a PS5 in my cart to preorder and then felt it was irresponsible to buy in a pandemic, despite being able to afford it, so I just closed the tab instead. I cared more about additional financial security than than the new console. Now I'm working long days far from home and have no time for it anyway, so I'm glad I held off. I'll get one when the dust settles, or maybe wait for a price drop or the eventual slim. Not in a rush at all.

I am quite surprised by the amount of people on Era who were able to purchase multiples of the new consoles however. I haven't seen any in the wild, and am not inclined to be quite so tenacious.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Bought an RTX 3070 at launch at MSRP (Asus Dual OC)
Then bought a Ryzen 5800X at launch at MSRP

Zero problems. Got lucky

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Got multiple orders of Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 without much of an issue, cancelled the ones I didn't need. Got a 3080 after a lot of hassle by setting up scripts to alert me and waking up at 5am, but it was within a week of launch.

Oct 28, 2017
Got a PS5 pre-ordered through Sams Club on the Wal-Mart shadow drop because very few people check the warehouse clubs like Sam's and Costco for pre-orders when these things go live. Once word gets out though..they're gone quickly.

Also got a series X directly from Microsoft through the All-Access program. I was one of those filled out the credit app, jumped through all the hoops on Pre-order day only to get to my cart and the system crashed. Microsoft made good
On it and let those of us who went through the approval process pre-order at a later date.

Still would take any 3000 series GPU to upgrade my 2060 but i think I'm content now with the PS5 and Series X and I'll just wait a year until any of them are readily available.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
I got super lucky:
  • Managed to pre-order the Series X when they initially went live (by relentlessly refreshing the Xbox store page)
  • Spent about 4 weeks fruitlessly (if not too intently) pursuing an RTX 3080, but then lucked out when EVGA transitioned to their queue system. I didn't even remember putting in a stock notification on their site, but apparently I did very early in the process, so I got a card in early November
  • I thought a PS5 wasn't in the cards, but I just happened to check that Walmart stock tracker one week and noticed that a store near me seemed to get multiple shipments in the same week. I went out to investigate - without much hope of scoring - and was shocked to see people walking out of the store with a PS5 in hand. They literally received hundreds and I was able to nab one after waiting in line for about 30 minutes.
So far, I've probably played the Series X the most, mainly because I'm realizing that Cyberpunk, my big 3080 purchase, simply runs like garbage with my aging 6700k.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Got 2 PS5's on launch day after pre-ordering from 2 different stores as soon as they were up for pre-order just to make sure I got one.

One for myself and sold one, at price value, to my mum's friend who had been trying to get one sorted out for her son.

She was so, so grateful and even gave me £30 in a Christmas card for helping her out. I was absolutely thrilled as I wasn't expecting or asking for anything.

So, ultimately, it went really well.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had a Series X preorder through Amazon that got pushed back, so I cancelled it.

I had a PS5 DE through Target, which I ended up canceling as well because I wanted the disc instead.

Friend and I stayed up until 12:40a~ on launch night F5ing and I were able to secure 1/10 at my local Target (PS5 disc.)

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I had a PS5 in my cart to preorder and then felt it was irresponsible to buy in a pandemic, despite being able to afford it, so I just closed the tab instead. I cared more about additional financial security than than the new console. Now I'm working long days far from home and have no time for it anyway, so I'm glad I held off. I'll get one when the dust settles, or maybe wait for a price drop or the eventual slim. Not in a rush at all.

I am quite surprised by the amount of people on Era who were able to purchase multiples of the new consoles however. I haven't seen any in the wild, and am not inclined to be quite so tenacious.
A friend in my gaming group has gotten like 7 of them and sold them to friends at cost lol. Some people are experts at this shit.

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
Haven't snagged anything. I hesitated on pre-ordering the PS5 and haven't gotten one. At this point, whatever I get first (3080/70 or PS5) will be what I get and wait on the other. Bit of a pain.

Nov 10, 2017
Bought a PS5 in November that shipped via USPS... It was supposed to be here by 12/16 but now is just saying delayed with no timeframe... I cry everyday.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Overpaid for a 3080, but for PS5 and Series X I was able to preorder both and get them both, and boy am I glad I did, thanks to inflation and scalping they're being sold for about 1.5 times the original price (about 1750 USD for a PS5). So I broke my wallet for a few months, but worth it

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS5 no issue from Amazon the first two minutes they went live. Loving it.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Failure.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was trying every single day to get a PS5. Followed multiple people on twitter for stock alerts, joined a discord server for alerts, stalked the thread here for help.

After probably 15-20 instances of getting it in a cart somewhere before either erroring out or being told stock was gone I've finally quit. I give up. I'm going to wait until I can walk into a store and pick one up off the shelf. Shit SUCKS. I've had every PS console day one except this damn one and it irrationally bothers me.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I bagged a PS5 from one of the Walmart drops the other week, and it arrived Christmas Eve so that was nice. Not bothering with PC parts at the moment. I need a completely new build so I'd rather wait on that for now, because getting a new TV is a higher priority.

Mashdyno

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I was lucky enough to get the PlayStation invitation email so I got one from that, got another from Amazon and gave it to my buddy. Both disc versions.

I do want to get a 3080 at some point but I'm good with waiting.

Oct 27, 2017
tried for a bit and came up empty handed. i've been so busy these last few months that i haven't had time to play anyway. i'll just pick one up eventually when they're readily available.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to get my TUF 3080 OC thanks to distill in one day below MSRP thanks to a Mediamarkt Promotion that was randomly going on in October.

Getting my 5800X was super easy since actual pre-order were available in germany. The biggest challenge was actually to get a Lian Li O11 Dynamic in White which took me around 2-3 weeks lol.