• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
In my old job, I had a bunch of Adventure Time POP Figures on my desk. Some of the interns we had even gave me two as a "thank you gift" when they left the team.

Now, switching jobs, I have the Johto Starters in Nanoblock form on my desk just chilling.

Do you guys keep anything like these on your desk?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i have the bust from the Duke Nukem Forever collectors edition

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an old turn knob pencil sharpener that was my dad's since when he was in high school. That's it.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Only with the skulls, spinal columns, and freeze dried organs of my former supervisors. Just little mementos from some of my favorite projects.

Oct 27, 2017
i keep my desk as empty as possible. i see "decorating" as clutter mostly. I don't mind having a mechanical clock, paper/folder tray, and some other useful items on my desk, but yeah, nothing like a funkopop or family vacation photos lol. monitors, laptop, keyboard, mouse, pens, pencils, coffee mug, rubber bands, highlighters, sticky notes, even headphones/monitors for when it's appropriate, etc ... functional items only. If i really wanted my co-workers to see my personality, then i'd invite them over to my house. But there is no way i'm bringing my guitar, or any other instruments, metal band posters / stickers / memorabilia or merchandise to a corporate office haha.

Last edited:

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. I work from home so everything is within eye view. I do not need to show off my personality to co-workers because they can't see it anyway lol.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Not willingly, but by the end of semester it's normally full of confiscated toys

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Just a mug with a picture of my dogs on it that I use for pens and pencils. I might take a figure in since I usually had a figurine of Skull Kid on my previous work desks. Overall, I just like to avoid clutter.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just the Red Cyclone.

20190116_130722.jpg

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I have a poster from my favorite soccer team, but I try not to get too attached to a job. If for some reason my job doesn't exist in the future, I don't want to pack up a bunch of stuff. Plus I like to keep work and life separate.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have a few Amiibos, a Titanfall Funko Pop (which looks nothing like a Funko Pop, making it acceptable), and a LEGO ship in a bottle I built. Plus a bunch of various enamel pins stuck in the wall.

It's a good way to display some stuff that I dont have room for at home.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Only what I've acquired within the office, so if I get a little stuffed animal or a candle from a coworker, I'll leave it there.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Not even a little.

I actually had coworkers that would complain that my desk was too "plain" and wanted me to bring photos from home to decorate it a bit. Fuckouttahere.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have a 1UP mushroom from Mario, which was actually a candy tin thing of some kind.
And some coins from different countries. I guess that's it.

My desk is one of the more decorated ones here too:/

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I used to have a ton on my desk at my previous job, but I have kept it pretty light so far at SNK. I need to spruce it up a bit though!

I have a simple acrylic stand of Nakoruru, a couple of small SNK capsule toys that I pulled from the free UFO catcher in our lobby,
and a Green Ranger Dragon Dagger that I got out of a capsule machine a few months ago when pulling random stuff with my kiddo for fun.

I have a bunch of figures stashed in a box somewhere that I have been meaning to bring in.
Will probably do that when I go through my stuff preparing for our move in the coming months.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I had a bobblehead, now it's bobbleheadless. People like to touch other peoples stuff. To be fair, it was a bobblehead though!

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
My first desk job, yes I brought some stuff. A mug, coasters, pictures, couple figures. Kept it clean. Jobs after that, just pictures.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
I have part of a linear ion trap on display on my cubicle wall that a coworker gave me, but for the most part my desk is a mess of parts and boxes.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Just my water thermos and a cup. Company policy is to have a clean desk and it's increasingly being enforced. When I look at my co-workers' desks though I see a lot of personal stuff which is always a bit ehhh.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I work from home. My desk and office is cluttered with Lego, comics, books...

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple plants, and a single hobby related thing; Gundam/models/DND/game/anime statue. The plants are for ambiance, plus I work with plants anyways. Hobby thing is for students or guests, it disarms people or can be used for conversation.

Oct 27, 2017
RANT.

I fucking hate my work desk. It's a nasty 1980s pile of shit, tatty diarrhea brown varnish on the top full of dings and scrapes, and features the most bizarre, over engineered cable management system ever - who knew it was possible to get that wrong, I just want a fucking hole in the back of the desk so I can drop all my cables neatly down the back and then have my PC and monitors where I want them, but noooooooo, it has some weird system where you have to loosen a screw, slide the entire top of the desk forward and run your cables into a stupid channel which runs to the back corner (and only the back corner) before dropping down behind this weird back board. This means;

- My cables aren't long enough to move the PC, it has to sit hard against the back board
- The cables aren't long enough to let me move my monitors and still keep them connected so I have to have them tucked on an angle in the corner of the desk when really I want them front and centre
- Changing equipment etc is a fucking nightmare, you literally have to take the desk apart in the middle of the office and then lie on the floor underneath stretching your arms at mad angles and working blind or lie on the top to get access to any cables. It basically a two man job tondo anything.
- Jesus fucking Christ I hate it
- It's a 1600mm long so 200mm shorter than most of the other desks in the office.

It legit makes me sad everytime I come into work and sit at it. I hope it burns down.

So to make it a bit cheerier I have photos of my kids and wife, some Lego men, a gloriously neon stripey sock monkey my wife made, a Sackboy, a Resident evil Zombie and Zombie dog, a small plush Mr Bump, a mirrored owl that guards my expense receipts, a couple of plush Pasties from Cornwall and some shells my kids collected on the beach one holiday.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I've got a vault boy bobble head, a LEGO Storm Trooper, a carefree Storm Trooper figure I got from a gatcha, and a Darth Maul/Donald Duck plushie.

400006455482%20(1).jpg

I have a co-worker whose desk is so full of figures he has to place some of them on the floor. A large part of my desk space goes to development kits, so that's a no go for me...

Melubas

Jan 4, 2018
Since I work with addicts and gang defectors and I have meetings in my office I tend not to have anything private like photos and such in here. I do however have a couple of poems by Bukowski and a meme of Ron Swanson on my wall.

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
-Jabba the Hutt plush
-Marimo (moss ball) in jar
-Gudetama
-Small jar of jam

That is all

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Nope. I had nothing on my desk that wasn't provided by the company. I desired zero personal attachment to any desk job and I've held and I didn't want to have to collect anything upon leaving.

Perhaps it isn't shocking that I work for myself now

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've got pictures of my wife and daughter up, a couple of Breath of the Wild Amiibos, (Link, Zelda, and the Guardian) and I've got a TARDIS USB hub that all my stuff plugs into.

I was going for a little bit of personality without myaking my desk look like a Spencer's Gifts.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a poster of a cat in a hamburger, and there are a couple small cat figurines on the top of my monitor.

For the next thing I add, I've been thinking of buying either a solar powered good luck waving cat, or a solar powered Moogle bouncing thing. I'm leaning more towards the Moogle, since I feel like I would be overdoing it with cats for the other one.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Our current desks are a bit small but I have a rubber ducky and some Dragon Quest slimes.

They were all gifts from coworkers, though.

When we get bigger desks I want a little plant.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Have an autographed concert bill for a show I went to and a couple sports team schedules, but that's really it besides junk. I guess I have some of the work "awards" I got up too.