• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Went to buy an Asus VP249QGR from Amazon, watched a Karl Jobst video first, tabbed over to finish the purchase, shit went out of stock ;.;

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I don't apply (not a US citizen, not receiving $1200), but if I did that money would be going straight into the emergency fund.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
If it comes through I'm going to put together a new PC and set aside a couple hundred for other non-gaming expenses. I've been limping along with a badly out of date system and a halfway broken video card for far too long and it'll be nice to actually be able to play modern games again or any game without artifacting and regular crashes.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heck no. Is the temptation there to finally order that Sound Voltex controller? Heck yes. Ain't gonna do it though, I preordered Xenoblade's special edition when that went up after the Direct Mini. That's a lot in the gaming sphere already for the next month.

E: I mean, the $1200 itself will sit in my account, period. That's gonna be untouched unless needed. But I'm not even going to use the faulty, "well I had some money already, now x wouldn't be as much from my total," logic I fall into far too often when I get a good check. Gig work was always a rollercoaster for me because of it lol..

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Donated half to some charities and businesses, saving rest in case it's needed. :/

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, going to car repairs. I'm a professional driver and my engine light has been on for a week

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like some people posting here don't understand what these Stimulus checks are for. This money is being provided to be put back into the economy. For some, the best course is to hold onto it for savings due to the uncertain times we are in...others choose to buy a game or two or some other entertainment items which is perfectly fine because that is what the money is for, which is to be put back into the economy. Some need it for rent, some need it for bills etc. Which is all fine. It is just sad to see people shitting on others for using it for what is was meant to be used for.

Oct 25, 2017
everyone in the US is getting at least a $1200 check. Due to the effect of COVID19 and how its effected the economy and jobs. If the person decided to auto deposit their tax refund in their bank the stimulus check gets auto deposited there instead. (this is how some people have been getting it earlier than others)

Everyone in the US is NOT getting $1200. My immediate family isn't getting a penny. There are income guidelines.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
There's nothing I really wanna buy and I still got my job, so I'll just sit on it for the time being. Who knows what next in this crazy world.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I do get it it's going right in the bank. Maybe I might eventually use some of it towards a PS5.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I paid off the balance of a personal loan and my AmEx bill with mine. I'm not buying anything non essential right now. Only paying off as much debt as possible. And it's killing me because I really want to download ff7 :(

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I will have to likely pay it back due to income change in 2020, so I'll just sit on it.
you will not have to pay it back. this is a persistent rumor but it's not true. there's no clawback provision in the bill - you will get to keep all the money you receive now, even if your income in 2020 puts you over the threshold where you technically shouldn't qualify for it.

(and on the flip side, if you qualify for *more* on your 2020 taxes than you got now, you'll receive the extra money with your 2020 refund)

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I am lucky that my job is totally doable at home, and I have been spending less, so I was going so spurge on something, but then I accidentally put most of it in my savings, so now I won't. I still got $100 to play with, so I might get Audica for the PSVR. Games that get me moving are always a plus, and I already have Beat Saber and Ringfit.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Not when my company just had its first round of layoffs today. I'm already in way too much debt. If my job is next I'd likely lose my house.
Stick to your guns. While some may think $60 is not a lot...when facing a possible loss of a job, every penny counts! Good luck and I hope you don't lose your job or house.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Hope things work out for you. Now I feel like I am completely oblivious to the things people are dealing with.
It got very real today for me. I was lucky. My coworker and one of the people I was closest to at work got laid off. He has a new baby and a wife that was trying to go back to school. It's scary. His wife also just lost her aunt to the virus.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still working so I'm thinking I might donate it most of it. I am temped to set a side some for a XSX.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an essential state employee, so I'm not concerned about not having any cash flow during this thing. We got $3900, so I'll be paying off a credit card and putting the rest into the savings for a much needed vacation for the family after this all dies down.

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
I just bought plus because mine was about to run out. Thought about also buying Persona 5: Royal and Animal Crossing but decided to just save it for a rainy day.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought FFVII:R today with it. I didn't need the stimulus to buy a game but I was on the fence about it since I'm not a huge jrpg player, but wanted to try one of the newer actiony Final Fantasy's.

So far so good.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I don't have anything I want now that FF7R released. Maybe I'll preorder Ghost of Tsushima but I'm not really rushing to do that atm.