• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Texas, so like the vaccinated Floridians, YES. The only time I may not wear one in public is if I'm outside where it's not overly crowded.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Of course. Thankfully mandatory when inside any business and public transport over here. Pretty much everyone does.

Nov 2, 2017
With a daughter too young to be vaccinated, I've been wearing a mask without any breaks when going anywhere outside aside from walks around the neighbourhood, even when the city lifted the mask mandate for a few months so our numbers could skyrocket, before quickly reinstating it.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yep! I don't wear one outside, or on the occasions when I'm over at someone's house (not very often these days, admittedly). But if I'm going into a business? All the time. It's city policy, so there's not really any getting around it.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wear a mask at work and when I'm out at stores where I live. Anytime I'm not required to wear one though, I don't.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, even got my third shot and still wear one. My kids can't be vaccinated yet so until that changes I'll continue to wear masks everywhere

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of employees, I'm honestly often the only person wearing a mask inside Walmart or wherever in my small Missouri town.

So honestly sometimes I don't because I don't feel like getting the weird looks that day.

My wife and I are both vaxxed + boostered though.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't I? Still a super easy way to prevent getting sick. Not to mention my kids are still waiting for their vaccinations.

Oct 27, 2017
Yup only to public places like the store or transit. It doesn't bother me with the exception of my glasses fogging up, and I always laugh at people bitching about how their "Freedoms are being silenced" by having to wear one.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I don't want to bring anything home to my newborn. Little kid hasn't even had her vaccinations yet.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Don't wear one at my office, no one does. I do wear a mask at the doctor, the hairdresser and in some retail stores.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
When inside a business? Yes

When outside in outdoor seating at a brewery or restaurant? No

When indoors at work? No*

*Work recently switched to only vaccinated people may enter the building. Vendors and visitors can only come up to the outdoor waiting area. Non-vaccinated employees must provide proof of being tested weekly plus they cannot come into the office.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Mandatory for us when shopping, teaching (I work at university), on public transport etc. We can take masks off when seated in restaurants.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I almost always wear one when I'm in a public indoor place. I don't wear it if I'm outside.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
For the most part yes, but it's starting to feel a little arbitrary in some places. Wearing a mask to enter a cinema and buy a coffee and some popcorn before going into the screening and taking the mask off to eat said popcorn and drink said coffee feels downright silly.

I saw No Time To Die on Tuesday, and since I didn't buy any food and it was nice and cool in the theater I just kept my mask on the whole time, even though I had a whole row to myself. When I got up to leave I saw the dozen or so people in the two rows behind me were all maskless.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Only places I don't wear it outside of my house are the gym and my workplace, since both places will only have about 5 people there at most and they're spacious locations.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only when asked to, so now on public transport, and starting the 6th in shops again.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I've been fully vaccinated since late-April. I always wear a mask whenever I leave the house. I'll take it off when I'm at my (vaccinated) friends' place, but other than that, it basically stays on. I'm high risk, most of the people I love the most are high risk, and I split my time between a red state shithole and a Canadian city where there are stringent mask requirements. I just keep doing it because it's easier for my ADHD ass to do something when it's a habit.

Also, I mean, I don't want to drown in my own lung juice. So there's that.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, of course. I can still carry it and there are plenty of older people, younger people, and immunocompromised people that need our help wearing masks because they can't get the jab.

Wearing the mask is such an absolutely trivial non-issue. It's like, the easiest thing in the universe to do to help prevent the spread of a deadly global pandemic and I feel like everyone on all sides grows so short tempered with it - just makes me realize how good off we all actually have it. How can a simple mask cause you so much discomfort that you'll risk lives?

Like, don't get me wrong - I'm not wearing it outside when working out, or on a bar patio, or with close friends. But if I'm going inside a business with strangers, it takes one second and it's fine. And I'm far from the epitome of health, and we have 100+ degree summers so it's not always comfortable - but it's not that awful

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. For my kid, just in case my vaccine starts to wear off, and also as a courtesy to the people around me.

At a glance, you can't tell if a stranger not wearing a mask in public is a vaccinated person, a person who just doesn't care enough to keep their mask on, or is an antivax nutjob. I feel like just wearing a mask is probably better for the peace of mind of those around me.

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
Yes.

I have to for my job, and my city still mandates it for inside businesses

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Fully vaxxed - will get booster soon.. Working from home for good, if I'm running into a non-crowded store for a few minutes no mask just distance. We tend to go out to eat once a week and off hours so no mask. I tended to stay away from crowds before COVID but if I had to mask all the way...

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't wear mine outdoors and depending on the store I usually don't inside unless it's required. I always have it with me if I need it when I'm not at work.

At work is required inside unless you are in your office alone.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I still wear a mask because they are required in public and on public transit. I am totally fine with wearing a mask and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable feature in most places.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Fully vaxxed. I was picking and choosing when to but with local numbers increasing and my own thankfully-negative scare I've been back to it on the regular. I gotta go get that booster.

Nov 7, 2017
When I'm indoors in public or taking public transportation yea

Outdoors (even with large crowds) no (fully vaxxed and with booster)

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you not wear a mask? A vaccine simply reduces the risk, your are not bulletproof. A mask is such a minor inconvenience.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Inside, always because no 'office sniffles' . Outside, always since the benefits of not having seasonal allergies are way too good to give up. When, in my case at least, the risk of being miserable with head colds and sickness turns into a literal choice, why choose to be sick? My reason for wearing a mask has long since evolved beyond covid (still helps tho).

Also it's getting cold and masks are warm and comfy.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
I almost had that "well I'm fully vaccinated so don't think I need a mask" phase, but then I remembered I live in Florida. I don't trust other Floridians.