• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bol.com.

Got a 250eu discount via work so I'm ready to pre-order whichever comes first lol.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
The last several have been Best Buy. I like doing the midnight launch thing.

The only exception was the Xbox One. I wasn't very excited about it - wasn't even going to buy one until they backtracked on their BS - so I just ordered it from Amazon. It arrived late in the day.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why not Amazon? Surely they have faster delivery?
I can't speak for others but I'd never buy something that I want on day one from Amazon. I've read a shitload of horror stories about orders getting pushed back and delayed, stock shortages and the like. I got my PS4 on launch day from ShopTo so I'm gonna go with a company who I know can deliver.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon is my backup
First choice is my local retail store because Sony decided to make the feature to swap X and O as exclusive feature for Asia.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got Prime so probably Amazon for the same day delivery at release. Otherwise Best Buy after work.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'll probably go to Best Buy, but trade in my PS4 at GameStop for the trade-in value.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Probably argos, there is one 5 minute drive from my house so I'll pick them up first thing then home to play.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think this time I'm going to preorder a PS5 in store at Game UK, I've not picked up a new console on launch in a store since the 360.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy's membership will give me some extra gift cards for the purchases I was going to make anyway, so I'll probably just do it from them.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to preorder at Gamestop if we get close enough to the release date to where it looks like they won't shutdown in time.

There seems to be a trend of them letting people pick up preorders before midnight. Perhaps that could be the case for the console launches.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon

As the biggest retailer, it's sure to get the most stock, and it doesn't need to load balance units between different stores.

foxbeldin

Oct 27, 2017
In france it's always fnac for me since they throw in a 50€ in store credit for new console preorders.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely amazon. Though I am curious if Sony will sell preorders themselves now that they sell hardware online.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazon. I don't care about midnight releases any more and the convenience beats dealing with lines or the general retail hassle of pre-orders.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I'll preorder at a local retailer. When I switched from PS4 to PS4 Pro it even got delivered a day early so they're pretty efficient.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon probably. When it came to the Switch, Amazon screwed up my order and shipped it to me without billing me. It ruled. Free Switch + BOTW.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have over $100 in trade-in credit with GameStop. They can go out if business after I get my PS5.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where I can go to get it at midnight, I'll preorder there. Hopefully Gamestop is still around because there is one ten minutes from me. The closest Best Buy is 45 minutes.