• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Poor nintendo, how will they ever recover

It's not about "poor Nintendo," it's about the fact that those people bought up all of the available keys and are now reselling them to the other 99%ers here on Resetera for a gigantic markup.

I'm not particularly bent out of shape about it -- it is what it is, and there's no stopping it. But it's really unfortunate that a few people ordered dozens and are now reselling them to their fellow forumgoers here for as much as they paid for the entire lot of keys they bought.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many of the same users now selling it for a 1000% mark up will throw anger when next gen games go up by 10% ha

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a PayPal, but would anybody be willing to trade a Piranha Plant DLC code for Yoshi's Crafted World?

It's a long shot I know :(

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Still waiting for What Remains Of Edith Finch. It is weird cause I got the Yoshi code right away.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Once you have downloaded the game from a different eshop region can I switch it back to my normal eshop and keep playing it?

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Edith. Don't really know what it is.

Really wanted Yoshi, but oh well.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with people buying loads of copies due to a pricing error and selling those copies for profit on the very same forum that directed them to this pricing error?

No... It stinks to be honest. Please don't buy them for more than a few dollars otherwise you're feeding the problem.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's not about "poor Nintendo," it's about the fact that those people bought up all of the available keys and are now reselling them to the other 99%ers here on Resetera for a gigantic markup.

I'm not particularly bent out of shape about it -- it is what it is, and there's no stopping it. But it's really unfortunate that a few people ordered dozens and are now reselling them to their fellow forumgoers here for as much as they paid for the entire lot of keys they bought.
You aren't wrong....but consider this.

The deal isn't era exclusive - plenty of people online just went in hard. The fact that some era members got 10 codes actually makes it more likely for other ERA members to get the game through them

10 bucks for Yoshi is still cheap as fuck and a win no matter how you slice it. Getting it for for 1usd was always gonna be a luck thing lasting only a couple of minutes.

Again 10 bucks is nothing and the people selling it here for that price are actually selling it for less than they could charge on other places.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought I was just going to be the first of many giveaways in this thread... hadn't even crossed my mid that most people would buy multiple to sell to others here. I mean, it's whatever... people are still getting a massive discount on the game, but yeah turning 10 into 100 off of someone else who posted this thread with assumably good intentions feels a bit icky.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
You aren't wrong....but consider this.

The deal isn't era exclusive - plenty of people online just went in hard. The fact that some era members got 10 codes actually makes it more likely for other ERA members to get the game through them

10 bucks for Yoshi is still cheap as fuck and a win no matter how you slice it. Getting it for for 1usd was always gonna be a luck thing lasting only a couple of minutes.

Again 10 bucks is nothing and the people selling it here for that price are actually selling it for less than they could charge on other places.
Oh please. Just say you're fine with them making a huge profit on the back of other era users. No need to act like they're fucking Robin Hood for it lol.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
late to the party but... wow... gratz to whoever was fast enough and got a code!
Was thinking about picking Edith Finch up a few days ago, this would have made the decision so much easier :D''

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Hey mate! I was in London before for 5 years, but I've been living in Tenerife for the past 4 years now :)

What's unbelievable is that I also met other fellow Canarians from Santa Cruz here on Era lol
Hahahaha thats great! Hope you are having a good time living here.
And as you probably know from your username we also love dash kappei here, though we could him chicho terremoto. If you say "3 puntos colega" to someone who watched it at the time they will laugh ;P

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Too late, since I am at work. I never got Yoshi before so it would have been amazing. Well, after all it was an error of the website, so I cannot complain.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Turns out that I needed to use a VPN to register.
Oh well, I was able to buy Edith Finch with my paypal account. I have it on PC thanks to the EGS, but I'm not that much of a PC player.
Do you have to wait for another email for the code? Mine says that "usually arrives within 4 hours".

Larry Butz

Oct 27, 2017
California
If anyone wants to spare or sell a copy of Yoshi on the cheap, that would be great. Did get Edith and that Melbits game for my girl and I. Can't wait to try those out and I hope she enjoys them as well.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh please. Just say you're fine with them making a huge profit on the back of other era users. No need to act like they're fucking Robin Hood for it lol.
I really don't care and was too late to get a code for myself.
People here acting as if only era members were using this deal are kidding themselves.

So if anyone wanna hook me up for free....I'm still here hah.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
HOW do I buy this??? All I see is a "notify me when it's back" button. Did they nuke the deal?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, missed it! That would've been an awesome birthday gift for my cousin! Crafted World is co-op too right?

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Turns out that I needed to use a VPN to register.
Oh well, I was able to buy Edith Finch with my paypal account. I have it on PC thanks to the EGS, but I'm not that much of a PC player.
Do you have to wait for another email for the code? Mine says that "usually arrives within 4 hours".
so THAT was the problem? i couldnt do it whatever i tried >_<

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
FYI, they are cancelling orders (I just checked :'() Didn't cancel my reorder though rofl

Buzz

Oct 28, 2017
I have a spare code which I bought for my friend but he has a hacked console lol. So anyone who wants can trade with a 10 dollar eshop code.