• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.hacked

Dec 10, 2017
Canceled my 2 melbits world order but got my 2 Yoshis and Edith finches redeemed and installing.

Some days I am glad I have to get up a 3:30 am for work lol

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
You can unlink and relink nnid.
Whats better, just make a new account for united states or change your main account and back. I think i have coins in my european account and its also already linked with the nnid, so if losing coins and unlinking is more of a hassle than creating a new account I prefer creating a new one.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll trade a NA code Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 or even Resident Evil 1 on Switch for Yoshi! DM me if interested! :O

Edit: And anyone feel like sparing a Piranha Plant code please? :(

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Whats better, just make a new account for united states or change your main account and back. I think i have coins in my european account and its also already linked with the nnid, so if losing coins and unlinking is more of a hassle than creating a new account I prefer creating a new one.
Again, for me it's always better to create a second (US) profile and account.
And when you play the US game on your EU account, the EU version of the game is even tied to your EU account forever.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
And when you play the US game on your EU account, the EU version of the game is even tied to your EU account forever.
Yeah, going to do that then, I already have a japanese account to download demos from their eshop when I got the switch on release, i dont see a problem for having one with the US for this.

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017

I'm not sure this is the case, though. I think the US game is just played on your EU account like any family shared game. Set the US account as secondary on this Switch and I'm sure you won't be able to play the game on your EU account.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No
But the Eshop recognizes if you bought the game already with another account on your switch. But only if the SKU is the same across regions. You don't magically own the game on two different accounts.

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
Anyone willing to sell Edith Finch and Yoshi cheap? I can't afford to pay more than $5 for each and there's been a long time I haven't played anything on my Switch.

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not sure this is the case, though. I think the US game is just played on your EU account like any family shared game. Set the US account as secondary on this Switch and I'm sure you won't be able to play the game on your EU account.
Yes, the US account has to be primary for this to work.
No
But the Eshop recognizes if you bought the game already with another account on your switch. But only if the SKU is the same across regions. You don't magically own the game on two different accounts.
Every single JP game I bought on the JP eShop gave me a EU version on my EU account.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
You don't lose the coins they just stay in the country you earned them, waiting for you when you get back. For example I have 700 coins in US account, the 300 are from Yoshi today, the 400 I had them before. They will stay there until they start expiring after 12 months, no matter my current region.
I prefer having everything under one account but other than that you can have multiple and will work fine.

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
Yes, the US account has to be primary for this to work.

Every single JP game I bought on the JP eShop gave me a EU version on my EU account.

Yes but they are not tied to your EU account. They are tied to your JP account, displayed for all your accounts on your menu and playable for any account connected to this Switch as long as your JP account is set to primary.

It's not very important, though, as both accounts are yours and usable whenever you want. But technically you are incorrect.

Oct 26, 2017
I can pay a dollar or two for Piranha Plant code.

Also be sure to check out the BST thread, lots are selling codes there. :P

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
You don't lose the coins they just stay in the country you earned them, waiting for you when you get back. For example I have 700 coins in US account, the 300 are from Yoshi today, the 400 I had them before. They will stay there until they start expiring after 12 months, no matter my current region.
I prefer having everything under one account but other than that you can have multiple and will work fine.

Wait, can I access the US eshop and buy games there by just changing my region ? I thought it only worked for codes.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd trade my Edith Finch code for Yoshi if anyone has a spare. Pm me

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
They are tied to your JP account, displayed for all your accounts on your menu and playable for any account connected to this Switch as long as your JP account is set to primary.
You can also go to your region's eShop and the game appears as purchased and downloadable, even if it was purchased by another user in another region.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh well, just made another account and call it a day.
Downloading both game now.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone has a digital code for Yoshi they are willing to sell, PM me. Would pay $15 for one. I'm in US btw, just in case.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I have a 15 € Wii U/3ds eshop Code to trade for a Yoshi Key. Don't know if they are usable on the Switch tho?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Wait, can I access the US eshop and buy games there by just changing my region ? I thought it only worked for codes.
You can but it won't accept your EU credit card (26, revolut and other won't work either) so you have to use US gift card (Ive bought a lot from eneba.com) and buy the games but as long as you have reaming funds it won't allow to switch back to your EU country.
HOWEVER suppose that you bought a 39.99$ using a 40$ card and you have 0.01$ left. It's easy to get rid of them. You use the 0.01$ + 9 gold points (from the 39.99$ you should have 200 gold) to buy a very cheap -90% off game in sale that cost 0.10$ (there are plenty usually) or a more expensive one and then your account is 0$ and you are free to go.

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
You can but it won't accept your EU credit card (26, revolut and other won't work either) so you have to use US gift card (Ive bought a lot from eneba.com) and buy the games but as long as you have reaming funds it won't allow to switch back to your EU country.
HOWEVER suppose that you bought a 39.99$ using a 40$ card and you have 0.01$ left. It's easy to get rid of them. You use the 0.01$ + 9 gold points (from the 39.99$ you should have 200 gold) to buy a very cheap -90% off game in sale that cost 0.10$ (there are plenty usually) or a more expensive one and then your account is 0$ and you are free to go.

Thanks for the explanation.
PayPal doesn't work either ?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Enjoy the game -- Don't collect everything or you'll end up hating it.

Just go through the game and enjoy it imo, it's very relaxing; not so much as a completionist.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
[OT]

Hahahaha thats great!
I suppose the italian dub is as crazy as the spanish one hahaha.
BTW if for some reason you visit Valencia during Fallas, throw me a PM, will love to guide you through the city. Its something you need to experience at least once in your life.

Damn man thanks for the offer, will do! I've been to Valencia but only for a short weekend so I haven't visited much considering we spent almost a whole day at the aquarium. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for Fallas because it must be truly great and flights to the península are super cheap for us living in the Canary Island, I get 75%off on all flights which gives me a lot of freedom in fre, I love it!