• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Utilization level: maximum

Votes: 79 40.3%
  • The occasional large costumed mascot will do

Votes: 39 19.9%
  • Abandon all mascot costume usage

Votes: 78 39.8%

• Total voters

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
only one

luugromvi74z.jpg
Sony should say fuck it and get the IP back.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering the times, and what is likely to stay the same and change over the remainder of the year, I don't see many in person events for the PS5 launch.

Of course, if you're saying we could possibly get a zoom call full of people in Sony mascot costumes I am one hundred percent down with that.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Their current IPs are tailored to cosplayers, not mascot costumes.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it when they were pushing Sackboy as a mascot for a while. I think that character and the LBP IP in general deserve more.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think "mascot games," or games starring these "mascots," are what going to be what drives people towards a PS5, especially at launch.

I don't see any reason to use the giant-headed mascot costumes for marketing for a good while. It would be awkward, and honestly a little sad (like a mid-40 year old clinging to what he remembered as a teenager).

I liked it when they were pushing Sackboy as a mascot for a while. I think that character and the LBP IP in general deserve more.
Yeah, I think Sackboy's been the best they've had.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want Mark Cerny to do another PS5 tech talk while wearing a Knack costume

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Poll speaks the truth, Sony should go full mascot.

Not only their own, but bring in any 3rd party mascot they can get. Talk to SEGA and bring in big headed Kiryu and Zavok to campaigns.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Only if it's Knack, Astro Bot and Sackboy.

g55EcSX.jpg

Everyone else has had their time in the spotlight.

Last edited:

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Keep that bullshit away from PS. Our story driven games impact the community to dress up as their favorites and that is better then some person walking around in a big idiotic costume. Its not funny or cute. Its just stupid as fuck. This isn't the Sesame Street platform.