• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you sick of Lewis Capaldi's Someone You Loved?

• Yes

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Kinda

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
For context i was driving to and from my tennis lessons and without fail i hear Lewis Capaldi's Someone you Loved, because i hate the song i decided to turn it off. Then after tennis i switched the Car Radio back on and who would be playing - Lewis Capaldi's Someone You Loved. So naturally i decided - nope, not dealing with that sound so i decided to turn it off and wait for a bit. Then when i got home, my dad's girlfreind's daughter was playing - guess who, Lewis Capaldi's Someone You Loved. Is it me, or is anyone else really freaking sick of this song and how it is played on the Radio constantly. I wouldn't mind so much if it was good but it's not - it's not a good song yet so many pepole love it and love playing it. I know this sounds a bit grumpy but still i am just sick of this song. Anyone else feel the same way?

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What's odd is that Peter Capaldi is apparently a talented muscian himself, none of that talent went to Lewis

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
probably yes... (and i'm scottish)

i hate most pop stuff played on the radio. i tend to avoid it but my shitty car can only get those kind of stations. that said, i can't think how the song goes. if i were to go listen to it i'd probably be disgusted by it.

edit: yup, i do but to be honest, it's not too bad. i just hate how his voices goes so high at times.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's odd is that Peter Capaldi is apparently a talented muscian himself, none of that talent went to Lewis

Did you know (US folks anyway) that Peter Capaldi was once front man for a Glasgow punk band called "Dreamboys" featuring none other than Craig Ferguson? ANd it was Peter Capaldi who encouraged Ferg to get into standup comedy?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Did you know (US folks anyway) that Peter Capaldi was once front man for a Glasgow punk band called "Dreamboys" featuring none other than Craig Ferguson? ANd it was Peter Capaldi who encouraged Ferg to get into standup comedy?
i knew that! but i am from Glasgow and the same town Capaldi + Ferguson are from so i guess that doesn't count.

Oct 17, 2018
I dont think I've ever heard a Lewis Capaldi song before, I've seen some of the Instagram stories or whatever he sometimes post but if it weren't for that then I'd have never have heard of him

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
He seems like a good and funny guy - but yeah, what I have heard of his music (which admittedly is probably not a fair amount to judge on) is very much the epitome of a Radio 1 Ballad.

Reminds me of when Skinny Love was everywhere for like 2 years.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Never heard of the song or the person. Clicked the YT video and it's a bit shit, so those things are probably for the best.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
He seems like a good and funny guy - but yeah, what I have heard of his music (which admittedly is probably not a fair amount to judge on) is very much the epitome of a Radio 1 Ballad.

Reminds me of when Skinny Love was everywhere for like 2 years.

He's just the latest in a long line of bland artists aggressively pushed by Radio 1 to be the Next Big Thing. See: Stormzy and Adele.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
100% agree, it is somehow still number 6 after 60 weeks, his music is so boring and bad. Radio 1 overplay all his music...