• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you prefer MS show off Halo first, or last?

• First

Votes: 1,016 67.5%
  • Somewhere in the middle

Votes: 119 7.9%
  • Last

Votes: 371 24.6%

• Total voters

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Starting with Halo would be such a letdown. Then again Sony started their next gen conference with 5 minutes of a PS3/ Xbox 360 game, so...

In any case would it really feel THAT different whether they begun/ ended with Halo, Gears or Forza? Those are their 3 trump cards, except they aren't playing with a deck of 52 like Sony and Nintendo. They have like 10 cards. And a couple of them are Call of Duty/ Madden, 4 are a long way from release since they only thought of buying 1st party developers a couple years ago, and one will be Ori 3 as a token for genre diversity so they don't have to spend time bolstering a roster with things that don't go click click kaboom in the night.

We'll get something good maybe in 2022 onward. Right now it's so bad even MS is steering the conversation away from exclusive content.
Your wrong tbh but I can see how the perception of this statement has been built over the gen

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
End with Halo. There is no game bigger than that and you should always leave the best for last for maximum effect

Oct 31, 2017
Start with Halo, end with Fable....
200.gif

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the idea of starting with it. It's going to immediately lead to the ol' "Halo/Gears/Forza" chants trolls throw around. I'd put Halo in the middle and end with Fable or w/e the Initiative is doing.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I want it immediately, showing a gameplay demonstration of the scale of this game compared to previous Halos.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
they have to end with whatever the initiative is working on, spent all that money for AAAA team, hoping they can deliver. I'm hoping the perfect dark stuff isn't true though, do we really need another sci-fi shooter from MS?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I think you start with an announcement of Banjo Redooie, or something on that scale - a hype moment to energize the hardcore gaming base, but not one of the big hitters that you can then save for later in the show.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think you open straight into gameplay with Infinite.

Hold the big bombastic trailer for after the gameplay section and drop the beta date at the end of the trailer.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Start with Halo. We already know it's going to be there. So open extremely strong. Always gotta close with something we don't know about or haven't seen before.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Start of the show should absolutely be Halo.

If they have it available, the end of the show should just be them signing off, followed by "Captured in Real-Time on Series X" on the screen. Show some gameplay footage of Fable, have a villager call you Chicken Chaser right at the end, and show the new Fable logo with "2021" at the bottom. Then cut the stream.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Start with a surprise reveal with actual gameplay launching early 2021.

Halo in the middle, 5-10 gameplay demonstration, launch date

End with a surprise banger....fade to black....2021

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of think they're going to open with a trailer for Infinite and close with a lengthy gameplay demo.
I think they're going all in on it.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
XGS could probably do a lot in first party / dev deals.

psychonauts 2
Halo
Bleeding edge year 2
Hellblade 2
Sea of thieves
Everwild
Rare project 3
Wasteland
Forza MS 8 / Horizon 5
Fable
End screen but it's really a psych out
Perfect Dark, obsidian rpg, inxile rpg are in development
(Also killer instinct 2 is on my bingo card but mostly for dreams)

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Both start off the show with single player Halo "bet you cant stick it" moment and then end the show with awesome multiplayer gameplay showing new things that can be done.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what they got. If it's their best game keep it for the end, if they have more up their sleeves let it kick off the show.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
They should end with something we don't know for sure about or haven't seen yet.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That would be disappointing, it's their BOTW but an hour would be to long, they should just pull a Nintendo and have a awesome trailer and than have a "Treehouse" like event after and go on a deep dive.

Yea save any "deep dives" (15+ minutes) for a Inside Xbox, Summer Game Fest, IGN summer of games, or something else. Its not needed an event like this.

Show some gameplay + talking, cinematic trailer, MP trailer, and then move on.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
That would be disappointing, it's their BOTW but an hour would be to long, they should just pull a Nintendo and have a awesome trailer and than have a "Treehouse" like event after and go on a deep dive.
You underestimate my thirst for Halo. If they released a four hour video of Joseph Staten recording Grunt lines and noises you'd bet I'd watch the shit out of that... and then watch it another three times.

May 15, 2019
It should be in the middle somewhere because they need to have more interesting things this gen to start and cap their show. The Xbone showed that Halo isn't enough to sell consoles.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
First, just like that great E3 conference ("or media briefing," whatever...) they had in 2018.

But this time, have some people really good at Halo play a multiplayer match and show someone playing a level of the campaign too.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Just because we know it's definitely going to be shown, I'd rather get it out of the way early, my favorite part of these shows is the surprise, so seeing Halo anywhere but the first game of the show it would be a hard end. Though if it is going to be last, I'd hope it's before the "Oh, and one more thing".

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I feel like waiting till July to show of anything Halo related was a mistake in the first place.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I thought Sony did pretty well by putting two big guns up front (Spider Man and Ratchet) and two at the end (Demons Souls and Horizon). I'm sure MS will do their own thing but it would be fun to have Halo first and then either Initiative or Playground immediately after, to give that "damn if that was second what's gonna be at the end??" Then close out with either the one you didn't show from Initiative/Playground or a big surprise - global publishing Lost Odyssey 2 goes here ;)

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I saw open with it and kick off the show with the a bang. It's the game most Xbox fans want to see right now and we have had such a refreshing break from Halo games there's not a bit of thirst. I'll be happy no matter what.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft needs to end this with a bang, to show what their in-house devs can really do, and how they'll rival Sony this coming generation:

Don't end with 343i's Halo Infinite, close it out with Obsidian's Alpha Protocol 2.

Oct 25, 2017
My take on it is, the game has made two appearances alread, so it should be shown early or first, never before seen stuff should be saved for last (like Playground's RPG).

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last. I can't imagine I will be interested in anything else they do besides Gears so starting with Halo would really be a disappointment for someone looking to be engaged until the end.

Unless Fable is coming, but some small part of me hopes that if they bring it back they won't trap it on a Microsoft console anymore.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer it first or in the first half, because I don't really care much about it. I'd rather they get it out of the way early for those who are interested in it and then get on with something new and surprising.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
It's generally best, to me, for last slots to go to games that are complete surprises, or at least are expected but not confirmed

Halo would be a great opener since we've already seen it. After that we'd need a wild anchor, though

For me personally I'd like to see a Killer Instinct. Or—and follow me here—or a Banjo

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019

I just feel like waiting has led to a decrease in hype surrounding the franchise. Lot of huge Halo fans have moved on from the series. I feel like with the release off MCC on PC, they could have used that time to let some info out to get people hyped up again.