• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean its unreal how many threads we have on new fast food sandwiches and menu changes. It is basically advertisement.

Yes. I clearly made this thread to advertise the fact that my favorite fast food place is fucking me over.

giphy-downsized.gif

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not fast food but a grocery store I frequent, As of a few months ago, no longer carries Poke. I am still pissed about that.
I got into the AHA black cherry + coffee caffeinated seltzer. They removed it. I bought a whole bunch off some guy who still had a bunch when I found out

I hate how there aren't more caffeinated seltzer. I don't want soda, but I want caffeine. Are there caffine powders or something I can add to the boring ass seltzer everybody else wants
So you are OK with supporting corporations making money on the shit they feed people?
I honestly don't care about what they make. I'm fine with them existing but the workers unionizing and getting benefits.

And I also think sugary drinks are far more to blame than the actual food.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
You have to order ahead on the app to get a Quesarito from Taco Bell now. It's the only thing I eat from there. It killed any chance of me going anymore. If I have to think that far ahead I'll come to my senses and not get Taco Bell.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Most fast food, including drinks and sides, are loaded with carbohydrates with little to no fiber.

When your digestive system breaks down these foods, the carbs are released as glucose (sugar) into your bloodstream. As a result, your blood sugar increases.

Your pancreas responds to the surge in glucose by releasing insulin. Insulin transports sugar throughout your body to cells that need it for energy. As your body uses or stores the sugar, your blood sugar returns to normal.

This blood sugar process is highly regulated by your body, and as long as you're healthy, your organs can properly handle these sugar spikes.

But frequently eating high amounts of carbs can lead to repeated spikes in your blood sugar.

Over time, these insulin spikes may cause your body's normal insulin response to falter. This increases your risk for insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and weight gain.

The combination of fat, sugar, and lots of sodium (salt) can make fast food tastier to some people. But diets high in sodium can lead to water retention, which is why you may feel puffy, bloated, or swollen after eating fast food.
A diet high in sodium is also dangerous for people with blood pressure conditions. Sodium can elevate blood pressure and put stress on your heart and cardiovascular system.
According to one study, about 90 percent of adults underestimate how much sodium is in their fast-food meals.
The study surveyed 993 adults and found that their guesses were six times lower than the actual number (1,292 milligrams). This means sodium estimates were off by more than 1,000 mg.
Keep in mind that the AHA recommends adults eat no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day. One fast-food meal could have half your day's worth.

Effect on the respiratory system

Excess calories from fast-food meals can cause weight gain. This may lead toward obesity.
Obesity increases your risk for respiratory problems, including asthma and shortness of breath.
The extra pounds can put pressure on your heart and lungs and symptoms may show up even with little exertion. You may notice difficulty breathing when you're walking, climbing stairs, or exercising.
For children, the risk of respiratory problems is especially clear. One study found that children who eat fast food at least three times a week are more likely to develop asthma.
Effect on the central nervous system

Fast food may satisfy hunger in the short term, but long-term results are less positive.
People who eat fast food and processed pastries are 51 percent more likely to develop depression than people who don't eat those foods or eat very few of them.

Effect on the reproductive system

The ingredients in junk food and fast food may have an impact on your fertility.
One study found that processed food contains phthalates. Phthalates are chemicals that can interrupt how hormones act in your body. Exposure to high levels of these chemicals could lead to reproductive issues, including birth defects.

Effect on the integumentary system (skin, hair, nails)

The foods you eat may impact your skin's appearance, but it might not be the foods you suspect.
In the past, chocolate and greasy foods like pizza have taken the blame for acne breakouts, but according to the Mayo Clinic, it's carbohydrates. Carb-rich foods lead to blood sugar spikes, and these sudden jumps in blood sugar levels may trigger acne.
Children and adolescents who eat fast food at least three times a week are also more likely to develop eczema, according to one study. Eczema is a skin condition that causes irritated patches of inflamed, itchy skin.

Effect on the skeletal system (bones)

Carbs and sugar in fast food and processed food can increase acids in your mouth. These acids can break down tooth enamel. As tooth enamel disappears, bacteria can take hold, and cavities may develop.
Obesity can also lead to complications with bone density and muscle mass. People who are obese have a greater risk for falling and breaking bones. It's important to keep exercising to build muscles, which support your bones, and maintain a healthy diet to minimize bone loss.
Effects of fast food on society

Today, more than 2 in 3 adults in the United States are considered overweight or obese. More than one-third of children ages 6 to 19 are also considered overweight or obese.
The growth of fast food in America seems to coincide with the growth of obesity in the United States. The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) reports that the number of fast food restaurants in America has doubled since 1970. The number of obese Americans has also more than doubled.
Despite efforts to raise awareness and make Americans smarter consumers, one study found that the amount of calories, fat, and sodium in fast-food meals remains largely unchanged.
As Americans get busier and eat out more frequently, it could have adverse effects for the individual and America's healthcare system.

www.healthline.com

Fast Food's Effects on 8 Areas of the Body

Eating fast food occasionally is fine, but too much of it may harm your health. Learn how fast food could affect different areas of your body.
this has made me reconsider my life choices

i'll get pizza hut instead of popeyes tonight

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have to order ahead on the app to get a Quesarito from Taco Bell now. It's the only thing I eat from there. It killed any chance of me going anymore. If I have to think that far ahead I'll come to my senses and not get Taco Bell.
that online only 5 dollar box is a good deal though. got it for lunch

this has made me reconsider my life choices

i'll get pizza hut instead of popeyes tonight
go healthier. subway or panda express

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
A limited time thing, but I really miss the Sonic Island Fire burger. I just want that sauce to put on everything.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Shiner bock used to make a hefeweizen that was fucking delicious. they discontinued it for some stupid ass reason.

Franks Red hot used to make their original sauce thats like the best sauce for wings, but thicker, so it would actually stick to wings. Now i have to add cornstarch to make it stick.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went through steak and shake the other day for the first time in a year and asked for a side by side shake. I left with a plain vanilla shake. So disappointed

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Not fast food per say but I do miss the turkey bistro boxes Starbucks sold. They got rid of it in favor of a grilled chicken and hummus dip box that's not even all that filling.

At least the new chickpea nuggets are good and the assorted nuts are alright.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Back in the late 00's, McDonald's had the Mcskillet burrito.

636148111180827686-discontinued-02.JPG

It was better than nearly every other breakfast item they had by a country mile, and I say that as someone who actually likes McDonald's breakfast food. It was only around for a short time until it was quietly discontinued, and I've been upset about it ever since.

Also the volcano menu at Taco Bell. There's a volcano burrito shaped hole in my heart.

On that note, I'm so tired of food places giving us good non-chicken spicy menu items and then taking them away. I want my spicy food dammit! Who are these spicy food haters that are taking it away from me??

Sep 14, 2019
Subway's Flatizza.

I'm probably one of the very few people who actually liked this. My local Subway doesn't have it anymore...
022414-284511-chain-reaction-subway-flatizza-spicy-italian.jpg

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Double Decker Tacos.

It will always be this. And it's not like the Mexican pizza, which I also desperately miss. They have everything for this. They just don't offer it. Maddening.

The Beefy Crunch Burrito was another star that burned too brightly to last.

This will always be my favorite TB burrito. It's one that tastes good cold. Every time it's been a Limited item, I get a few to just keep in the fridge the next couple days.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The $1 McDonald's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

The Burger King Southern Style Breakfast Chicken Sandwich.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Panda Expess essentially discontinuing the sweet fire chicken.That was one of my favorite entrees! The chain more or less had to accomplish for more perma dishes.

Last edited:

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Potato wedges at KFC. When they're bad, they were godawful. But done perfectly, just tasted right with a chicken breast or tenders.

I'm not a fan of KFC fries. 99% of the time I have them they taste awful.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Taco bell's xxl steak stack thing.
Taco bell's grillers are also a shadow of their former selves.