• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For anyone who pre-ordered, have you cancelled (or plan to cancel) your pre-order?

• I pre-ordered both systems and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my PS5 pre-order

Votes: 54 4.8%
  • I pre-ordered both systems and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my Series X pre-order

Votes: 97 8.6%
  • I pre-ordered only the PS5 and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my pre-order

Votes: 27 2.4%
  • I pre-ordered only the Series X and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my pre-order

Votes: 11 1.0%
  • I'm keeping my pre-order/pre-orders!

Votes: 942 83.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered a Series X and two Series S. Keeping all of them. Not planning on getting an ugly PS5 anytime soon, but will pick up that ugly bastard at some point. Ugly.

ninezeroone

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a PS5 Digital Edition and a Series X pre-ordered. I'm canceling one. Just can't decide which. PS5 has games I want to play on it (specifically at launch), but I'm already paying for Game Pass Ultimate (primarily a PC player) so the Xbox would probably get more use over time (and I wouldn't be spending $70 on games). Probably gonna cancel the Xbox since I have a PC, but it's tempting. Could keep both.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
why would I cancel my pre-order? i pre-ordered the PS5, and definitely plan on keeping it. after all the hassle it was to even get one in the first place, no way i'm cancelling 2 weeks from launch lol

Oct 25, 2017
So.. tell us how you really feel about the PS5's aesthetics! LOL

Do the removable faceplates help? Or is it the "lines" of the system for you?

The aesthetics just doesn't work for me at all. It looks like a "trying to be edgy" network router/switch. The faceplates look cheap and the whole thing looks like it would be wobbly. It looks ginormous too, but if that's what they had to do to quite the jet engines...ok. It's disappointing because I really liked the PS4, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro aesthetics. Oh well. It's what's on the inside that counts right? Right?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I preordered both and will use both. I do think I am going to be using the XSX as more of a BC and gamepass machine than anything at least initially, due to the much more interesting launch games on PS5. I also am taking a wait and see approach to multiplatform titles. If we are going to get near uniformity in framerate and graphical fidelity for multiplat games (a huge TBD), I will make decisions based on load times, controls, price, etc. That includes PC, FWIW. So my next gen plans are still in pretty significant limbo, though I am probably most excited for the novelty of what PS5 is doing.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I have both preordered. I lean strongly Xbox, so I was going to cancel the PS5 if I managed to get an XSX preorder, but the PS5 launch lineup appeals to me more. I'll be keeping both. I always end up owning both consoles anyway, and I consider myself fortunate to land both preorders.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am super lucky I even got a PS5 pre-ordered and am guaranteed to be able to pick it up on launch day, so there's no way in hell I'd cancel my pre-order, lol.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Preordered a Series X but cancelled and built a PC instead. Partly because of cheaper games and the fact I have a big back catalogue from a few years back, partly because I can still get Gamepass and partly because I got an Oculus Quest 2 as well and wanted to play Half Life Alyx and a few other upcoming games on it.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered PS5. Not cancelling but I would like to have it delivered at home instead of picking it up in the store but I don't want to touch my preorder

Oct 27, 2017
Defo keeping my PS5 pre-order, super excited about it.

Really thinking about dropping my Series X pre-order. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by everything I've seen so far.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I pre-ordered two PS5s, both from a different store just to be sure I get one. I wouldn't even think about canceling!

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for my Xbox series X, but my quest 2 has taken all the excitement away. I'm tempted to just hold off. Don't feel like I need it, but I already promised my one x to my kid and sold my PS4 pro, so at least I'm only coming out of pocket for half at least.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Pre-ordered a PS5 and a Series X, and keeping both. Only change I'd consider making is trying to swap out my regular PS5 for the DE - cheaper, about 50% less ugly, and I buy most PS games digitally anyway these days.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered two Series X, keeping both. Will get a PS5 when a slim model comes out that isn't so large/ugly.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I've got both a XSX and PS5 preorder. I'll do something with the PS5, cancel or see if anyone I know wants it.

I'm even slightly tempted to sell but don't know if its the same ethically as scalping. I didn't preorder with the intention to scalp but I don't know

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I sold my PS5 preorder to a friend with a kid, because COVID fuckery across Europe killed my hype and I thought the kid could use nice Christmas amongst this horseshit. He gave me expensive scotch (his idea) and 1:1 cost so no scalping, if you are interested.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I canceled my Series S preorder.

I'm supposed to cancel my Series X preorder because it doesn't make any sense to have both a capable PC and Xbox, right?

...right? I can't seem to bring myself to cancel just yet...

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Pre-ordered a PS5DE and a Series X. Keeping both. Opening the Series X day one, saving the PS5DE as a Christmas present to myself.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Cancelled my PS5 order, as I'm not going to pay £70 a game this generation, so will stick to PC gaming. It may change down the line, but there is nothing on the radar that even excites me at this stage, and I can think of better things to spend £450 on right now instead of a console that will sit under the TV gathering dust.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I don't understand why you'd pre-order something that costs hundreds of dollars unless you're sure you want it. I'm keeping my PS5 pre-order.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
This thread obviously got me thinking and ended up cancelling my PS5 pre-order last night. :( I really need to get back on track with putting money down for a House deposit so that takes priority. Brought a new car earlier in the year so that has put me back a fair few months. Felt like the right decision last night though, no qualms and got plenty to catch up on on the PS4 and Switch

Although already checked game today to see if I can snap up another bundle 😂. In all seriousness though I probably wait till Apr/May when I have saved up a significant amount more for the deposit.

Was thinking about selling it on to one of you guys but I know that hype would win over and I just end up keeping it.

Valanarro

Oct 27, 2017
keeping the series x, cancelled my digital ps5. Still got quite a few ps4 discs i wanna play on ps5 when i get around to them so I'll wait it out until i can find one in the wild after launch.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seriously considering canceling both of my PS5 pre-orders, due to financial worries, but after seeing the No Man's Sky upgrade trailer today, I realized now's my chance to get one in addition to being able to sell off my PS4 Pro at a higher price. And if push comes to shove, I can just sell the PS5 for extra cash.

Now I just have to decide if I want to keep my digital pre-order, or my disc one. It's been an alarmingly difficult decision.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Just turned my XSX pre-order over to a friend. They simply have nothing of interest to me at launch outside of Tetris Effect which I already own on PS4. Hopefully Amazon doesn't screw me by delaying or canceling my PS5 pre-order.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I cancelled a first xsx pre-order, then didn't manage to get a ps5, but got a xsx (again). Seriously considering buying a scalper a DE, which is kinda sad...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I had both systems preordered.
Ended up cancelling the Series X one just because I had buyers remorse thinking to me deciding on the value when I game on a PC most of the time I'm not on Switch/PS4. Especially when I plan on getting a 5000 series cpu and needed a new MB. If I didn't game as much on PC I'd probably kept the preorder

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Cancelled my PS5, I can wait till there's games that better interest me come out for it.
Still got my series X, less than 2 weeks now.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Pre-ordered a XSX and plan on keeping it. Shout out to my dad for paying for half of it but now I gotta wait till Christmas to actually use it since he wants it as my Christmas present now lmao.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I realize it's a little early to need both of the console at launch, but I'm doing it. Almost full backward compatibility for both consoles means that there's no real downside to getting the new console, aside from the cash outlay.

2020 has been a shit year, and if something like this brings a little joy, then fuck it, I'm in.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I realize it's a little early to need both of the console at launch, but I'm doing it. Almost full backward compatibility for both consoles means that there's no real downside to getting the new console, aside from the cash outlay.

2020 has been a shit year, and if something like this brings a little joy, then fuck it, I'm in.
Yeah this. Buying both consoles is absolutely the dumbest decision I've ever made in my entire life but the constant worrying I have coupled with a potential post-election depression makes this purchase a necessity. I just wanna tune out and jam out to assassins creed Valhalla at 60 fps and tune everything else out

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I preordered a Quest 2, a XSX, XSS and a PS5. I cancelled my PS5 preorder because I was spending so much money but I kind of regret it. Everyone wants one so bad and I had a preorder in my possession and just cancelled it due to feeling guilt. Unless something crazy happens I plan to main Xbox this gen due to Gamepass and Backward compatibility (I didn't own an XB1 so I missed out on Gears 4&5, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, etc.). As for PS5 if I don't end up getting one at launch I'm sure that launch fever will pass and I'll just wait for a hardware revision while keeping my eyes on sales on the PSN store and just scooping up any exclusives when they go sale.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I've got a Xbox coming from All Access via GAME and a PS5 physicql coming from amazon.

I'm thinking of cancelling my PS5 DE pre-order at Argos, I offered it to a friend but he can't afford it and it seems like a bit of a hassle to sell it.
You can't cancel the PS5 from Argos, I tried and they said don't sign for it and turn the currier away.
No way I'm trusting that to go smoothly so I guess I'm keeping it (I pre ordered before the Bethesda sale).

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Got 3 of each. Had to help some buddies out.
Might cancel my Series X if CyberPunk gets pushed again before release