• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! Had to actually click into the episode to see that. Be nice if they bumped that up a level.

Glad I have something to look forward to after work! 😀
They're on the episode page (S2E1) and the main For All Mankind page, actually! Well, at least they were? It looks like they might disappear if you have an in-progress episode going. I don't know! The Apple TV+ interface leaves a lot to be desired.

JMC

Oct 27, 2017
It is just as season 1, but begins faster. So very, very good. This is absolutely one of the best shows running right now.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very good first episode.
They better not have just killed Molly.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
They're on the episode page (S2E1) and the main For All Mankind page, actually! Well, at least they were? It looks like they might disappear if you have an in-progress episode going. I don't know! The Apple TV+ interface leaves a lot to be desired.
I can't find these anywhere. If I click on the episode it just launches the show.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm double posting to not use my other post with spoilers, but both on my phone and the AppleTV, it's on the show's page if you scroll down. Right above the trailers.
Yeah I looked all over the AppleTV UI and it wasn't there. I opened up the app on my iPhone and they're easy to find. Bizarre. I launched them from my iPhone and Airplayed to my AppleTv. They are exceptional and a must see.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I am dying here. My wife needs to watch the last episode of S1 so we can start S2, but she's dragging that episode along. Might have to watch S2E1 solo and then watch again with her. haha. The wait is killing me.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I looked all over the AppleTV UI and it wasn't there. I opened up the app on my iPhone and they're easy to find. Bizarre. I launched them from my iPhone and Airplayed to my AppleTv. They are exceptional and a must see.
Glad you figured it out. The interface is a mess and changes depending on the device and apparently what you've seen. In the future, try tapping details on the episode itself within the episode list. That has been the most consistent trigger for me.
I am dying here. My wife needs to watch the last episode of S1 so we can start S2, but she's dragging that episode along. Might have to watch S2E1 solo and then watch again with her. haha. The wait is killing me.
Do it twice. That's what I do when I frequently find myself in similar situations!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Fantastic first episode. I loved the small montage at the beginning and how they are playing with the alternative reality angle... I think this will be a challenge this season will face. They need to keep things recognizable to a certain extend, but they also need to be bold. I want to feel like everything can happen (and they can!) Let's see how far they will push it.

The cool thing with a show like this is just how much everything tells a story. Like when the secretary is talking about the shuttles, she begins with recognizable names and suddenly she mentions a few more. I wonder how economically sound the Soviet Union is. They are definitely better than the real one, and their reach seems also bigger (the Panama Canal scene).

Anyway, I want to see a scientific explanation for everything that happened in the end now...

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my that entire solar storm scene in the moon when Molly brings Wubbo back was incredible. The music was epic.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I get it right and they're taking the shuttle to the moon? That's pretty dumb, especially since it seems from the pictures like it's the same shuttle.

Additionally, they seem to have instant communications from the moon (no speed of light lag). Was this the same last season?

As for the episode itself, it was alright. Truth be told I forgot about most of the characters so that thing with Gordon's wife flew above my head. Do we know her new husband?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Did I get it right and they're taking the shuttle to the moon? That's pretty dumb, especially since it seems from the pictures like it's the same shuttle.

Additionally, they seem to have instant communications from the moon (no speed of light lag). Was this the same last season?

As for the episode itself, it was alright. Truth be told I forgot about most of the characters so that thing with Gordon's wife flew above my head. Do we know her new husband?
Speed of light lag to the moon is only like 1.3 seconds each way. It is better that they just skip it since that would make for awkward television.

We only saw the shuttle at Skylab, not the moon in ep 1.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speed of light lag to the moon is only like 1.3 seconds each way. It is better that they just skip it since that would make for awkward television.

We only saw the shuttle at Skylab, not the moon in ep 1.
It's still interesting to see it because it makes for a more for an "isolation" feeling that you can't have a real conversation, imo.

Also, no one walked like they're on the moon but I can disregard that cuz it'd be a pain in the ass to show that all the time. The time lag thing is easy.

Regarding the shuttle, I feel like they did say it also ferries people to lunar orbit but maybe I'm wrong. They definitely didn't mention another launcher or capsule.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
It's still interesting to see it because it makes for a more for an "isolation" feeling that you can't have a real conversation, imo.

Also, no one walked like they're on the moon but I can disregard that cuz it'd be a pain in the ass to show that all the time. The time lag thing is easy.

Regarding the shuttle, I feel like they did say it also ferries people to lunar orbit but maybe I'm wrong. They definitely didn't mention another launcher or capsule.
I think you are right they mentioned it.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I recommend watching this video about the shuttle going to the Moon:

I believe the shuttle is an example of what I mentioned in my previous post, of an alternative reality having to mix recognizable with new. The space shuttle might not make sense in the context of the show, but it's extremely cool to see. I definitely believe it's worth it.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Great first episode. Already loved the first season.
So glad it's back and that it's already renewed for a 3rd season. Yay!
And thanks for pointing out that there are small videos showing what happened in the meantime. Very interesting!

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
That first episode was wild. So uhm... "exciting" to see where the main characters are from S1. The podcast was also good, even though it took me a bit off-guard because it is done quite differently than Chernobyl and has a different feel.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see some characters chapter is close. I guess that's it for Tracy and...Molly

The sound was throwing me off when the Baldwins were eating. I thought my neighbor was playing his music loud

damn the show said Capcom. Easter Egg for APPLE VS CAPCOM

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see some characters chapter is close. I guess that's it for Tracy and...Molly

The actor playing Molly was only a supporting role last season but now her name is in the main credits. Same for Tracy, still a main cast member, so their stories are far from finished.

Loved the first episode. That solar storm sequence was incredible.

I binged all 10 episodes last year so I was quite disappointed when the first episode of season 2 ended and I wasn't able to just immediately watch the next one. I thought for sure Apple dropped whole seasons in one go but obviously not.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
As a Dutchman who is a fan of all things space related I was happy to see they included Wubbo Ockels, our first astronaut.

Wubbo_Ockels.jpg

not to keen on the cliffhanger :(

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Good episode, and the cast feel more confident in their roles now. But man, 9 years did not treat Gordo well, lol.
Very good first episode.
They better not have just killed Molly.
Yes, they just killed her, just not immediately. The question is when does she die.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
As a Dutchman who is a fan of all things space related I was happy to see they included Wubbo Ockels, our first astronaut.

Wubbo_Ockels.jpg

not to keen on the cliffhanger :(

Didn't realize he was a real person. I forget how good they are using historical references.

I would also recommend the short films that fill in the timeline between seasons. Nice bit of color added to the world. Especially the one about John Lennon surviving his shooting. That hit hard.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realize he was a real person. I forget how good they are using historical references.

I would also recommend the short films that fill in the timeline between seasons. Nice bit of color added to the world. Especially the one about John Lennon surviving his shooting. That hit hard.
Wait, short films? Where can I find them?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, thought there was a double bill for the start of the season but only noticed after watching the first episode that ep2 is next week.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The actor playing Molly was only a supporting role last season but now her name is in the main credits. Same for Tracy, still a main cast member, so their stories are far from finished.

Loved the first episode. That solar storm sequence was incredible.

I binged all 10 episodes last year so I was quite disappointed when the first episode of season 2 ended and I wasn't able to just immediately watch the next one. I thought for sure Apple dropped whole seasons in one go but obviously not.

You gotta assume Molly is a goner but faking her dosimeter means it'll be a dragged out thing.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hit details on the episode and scroll down. Long press when selecting the episode if on Apple TV hardware. If you haven't started the episode yet, or you finished it, they'll also be on the show's main page.

found it - god thats annoying. 90% of poeple will miss that. They even have a damn 'bonus materials' row but don't put them there.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Just saw this video about the event at the end of the episode:

The guy is not an expert but did some research about the plausability of the scenario. It seems stuff like the sand levitating is accurate, but the show might have take some licenses with it.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
The way the show skips time (which I love) I wouldn't be surprised if season 3 has an entire new cast anyway. Don't see how they can keep the current crop relevant. So it probably won't just be Molly leaving.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

You might be right, but in Star Trek Discovery they promoted a supporting cast member to main cast for her final episode.
It's done as it affects awards and fees apparently.